Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344
Results 646 to 654 of 654
  1. #646
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    299
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Sure are a lot of nice rifles here.

    I don't have much special to share... YHM 8810. Tossed on an Aimpoint Micro, Wilson Combat TTU 4lb trigger, Lantac brake and a Syrac adj block.

    For practice I shoot offhand mostly at steel out to 200yds. Rifle works well. With the brake and adj block it's very soft shooting and remains on target for follow up shots.


  2. #647
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Posts
    24
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Sure are a lot of nice rifles here.

    I don't have much special to share... YHM 8810. Tossed on an Aimpoint Micro, Wilson Combat TTU 4lb trigger, Lantac brake and a Syrac adj block.

    For practice I shoot offhand mostly at steel out to 200yds. Rifle works well. With the brake and adj block it's very soft shooting and remains on target for follow up shots.

    Wicked nice stick.
    Sic Semper Evello Mortem Tyrannis

  3. #648
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    121
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Send bacon!

    I wish we could use shouldered cartridges here, but the deer are so thick here, I can take them with a pocket knife. Not really sporting, using an MSR, but something's gotta happen. At least in the country we can get land owner/ population thinning permits. We pile 'em high the years those are offered!
    Look into 450 Bushmaster, it'd be the ticket for those regulations! Sometimes I regret trading my 20" upper when the rumor mill was ammo was going to be produced less back in 2013-2014.

  4. #649
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    121
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Welcome to WEVO. Nice first post, and very nice build !
    Thank you Sir!

  5. #650
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    7,592
    Downloads
    10
    Uploads
    4
    Welcome aboard, nice rifles!
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

  6. #651
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In a warm, moist environment... Usually.
    Posts
    3,329
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    Look into 450 Bushmaster, it'd be the ticket for those regulations! Sometimes I regret trading my 20" upper when the rumor mill was ammo was going to be produced less back in 2013-2014.
    If I remember right, deer are pistol and shotgun only, in addition to bow and black powder. Makes no sense! The only place rifles are not restricted is hog and coyotes, along with no time and always open season, except for deer seasons.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

  7. #652
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    121
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    If I remember right, deer are pistol and shotgun only, in addition to bow and black powder. Makes no sense! The only place rifles are not restricted is hog and coyotes, along with no time and always open season, except for deer seasons.
    That is some pretty screwy regs! Lol 450 Bushy AR pistol!

  8. #653
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    299
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Anatomy of a rifle for the wife.
    Low volume recreational plinking steel out to 100yds.

    Main criteria
    Light weight
    Soft shooting
    Simple to operate
    Not too hard on the wallet

    Palmetto had an upper I thought well fit the project. Pencil barrel mid-length gas system with 13in light weight handguard. $219 delivered. They also had a blem lower for $129 delivered. Already had a BCG so I'm only into this thing for $350. So far so good.

    To soften recoil and keep the muzzle down I went with a Lantac brake only because I already had one and am satisfied with it-- Joe Bob Oufitters $105 delivered.

    Sending quarters down range with a GI trigger? Nah.... but the wife doesn't need a Wilson TTU either. Settled on a Timney 668-S 4lb single stage from Primary Arms-- $180 (price matched with an obscure Net dealer). I like doing business with Primary Arms.

    The good folks at Weapon Evolution offered a heads up that Cabela's was selling a Trjicon RMR 3.25moa for $261 delivered. Always on and auto adjust, that well fit the criteria for simplicity. And at 2.8oz with included AR riser mount that well fit the criteria for light weight. Thank you Weapon Evolution.

    Ammo... I had some PMC Bronze .223 that I've found exceptionally soft shooting. The velocity tests I've seen from a 16in barrel show it to have a muzzle velocity of 2700-2800fps... so that explains that. In this rifle it reliably operates with an ejection pattern at 3:30. All good.

    The wife's rifle... Light weight, simple and soft shooting. At under $1k it wasn't too hard on the wallet. Mission accomplished.

    ps. The wife thinks the 'shiny barrel is pretty'. Perfect.



    Took a while to get that RMR shadow... haha
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 9 September 2017 at 17:14.

  9. #654
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    SE MI
    Posts
    4,528
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Anatomy of a rifle for the wife.
    Low volume recreational plinking steel out to 100yds.
    <snip>
    Sounds like you did well.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •