Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zero7one View Post
    OfcPowder - What is that on your PMAGs? It looks like some sort of gritty tape, maybe skateboard tape?
    It's EMG (Enhanced Magazine Grip)
    http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...product_id=792

Description:

Rainier MFG™ has teamed up with Gaylean Tactical to bring you the EMG (Enhanced Magazine Grip). The EMG designed for the channels of the Magpul PMAG provides superior grip on the magazine surface which allows for faster reloads when speed matters mosts. The EMG rubberized textured panel features an industrial strength adhesive with pressure application which adheres stronger the harder you press. The EMG can be used on USGI mags as well as any other mission critical item that needs superior grip.

Features:

* Industrial Strength Pressure Adhesive
    * Rubberized Textured Panels
    * Designed for the channels of your PMAG

Downloads
    Uploads
    OfcPowder - What is that on your PMAGs? It looks like some sort of gritty tape, maybe skateboard tape?

Exactly. I went to the local SK8 shop at the mall and bought a big sheet of it for $6. Then it was a painstaking process with a pair of scissors. But well worth it, very easy to grab and provides super grip with gloves or bare hands. Don't get too carried away with bare hands or you'll wanna stock up on neosporin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    It's EMG (Enhanced Magazine Grip)
    It is not the EMG, it's just skateboard tape. Personally I like this better than the EMG, which I have also tried. The skateboard tape has a better grip and is WAY cheaper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by OfcPowder View Post
    Exactly. I went to the local SK8 shop at the mall and bought a big sheet of it for $6. Then it was a painstaking process with a pair of scissors. But well worth it, very easy to grab and provides super grip with gloves or bare hands. Don't get too carried away with bare hands or you'll wanna stock up on neosporin.
    Good thinking. I have the EMG on a few of my PMAGs. Do you know if the skateboard tape comes in any other grain than what you used? I like how the EMG is more course than skateboard tape and feels a little more aggressive.

Thanks for the tip though!
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted before but didn't have any pics at the time. Just received the LMT BUIS today and will be taking it out next week in AZ & NM. Very excited as this is my first AR. My plan is to keep this as light and simple as possible. The only thing that will still be added will be aimpoint C3 w/ cantilever mount and surefire x300 which will go under the handguards. Plan to go to first training course in November once my girlfriend has her AR built.

Just wanted to say this site is great and appreciate all the info that is available.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you know if the skateboard tape comes in any other grain than what you used? I like how the EMG is more course than skateboard tape and feels a little more aggressive.
    I actually found the skate tape had better grip than the EMG did. They do make it in 2 different "grip" grains, I got the more agressive, but the lighter grain would probably work just as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd post mine..but its still a work in progress. cant wait to have it finished :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    To begin explaining my config is to explain that that this is my first AR. And as such I convinced myself that I’d only snag one, so might as well make it as reliable as possible. The setup turned out great, but the excuse of this being my only AR turned out to be utter rubbish.

I opted for a piston setup, again under the umbrella of pre-black rifle disease, and chose to go with the Lewis Machine and Tool MRP 16” piston; mainly for ease of maintenance and improved reliability.

Moving from front to back I chose to use the PWS FSC556, for it’s incredible combination of flash-hider and compensator all wrapped up in a cool looking package. Because I wanted to retain the functional nature of a battle rifle I installed a set of Magpul MBUS front and rear sights.

Because I’ve participated in more than a few night shoots, as well as being an avid IR gear whore I installed an Insight Technology AN/PEQ-2A IR laser on the rifle. This gives me the ability to not only aim the rifle but to cast out a wide swath of infrared light for the night optic. Below the PEQ I opted for a set of Tango Down panels and a Tango Down Stubby forearm. Since I learned a long while back to not broom handle the gun, but rather use the vertical grip as an “index” for my left hand the Stubby was a perfect choice. I also selected a Tango Down panel with a tape switch pocket so that I could activate the laser using my weak side hand without changing my grip. Also on the left side of the rail, up towards the gas black I decided to use a CQD sling point.

Moving further back I made a decision that this rifle would be most useful for mid-to-long distances and went with a Trijicon TA01NSN ACOG on a Larue Tactical RCO mount. I opted for the RCO over the 4XDOS because of it’s simpler design and better profile. For the grip I used a Magpul MIAD grip. I have average sized hands so I find the larger back strap to be a more natural fit. Combined with an AA Battery Core this gives me the ability to carry back-up batteries for the PEQ.

Finally I used an LMT SOPMOD stock, which works well for improved cheekwelds. Though this may be swapped out to a Magpul ACS stock when that becomes available.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Downloads
    Uploads
    been a lurker for quite sometime. i love the work of stickman and he owes me a new keyboard for the drools i have looking at his pix.

just a noob... but here goes..

DANIEL DEFENSE M4

after the endless waiting for my new Daniel Defense M4 she is finally home.

I was looking for an AR15 that is lightweight and has the reputation of being robust. After flipping the internet and several hours of reading AR15 forums one rifle really caught my attention.

Downloads
    Uploads
    FLASH HIDER

DD m4 comes with a regular birdcage flash hider but i'm not that of a fan of it's design. So i opted to replace it with AAC 5.56MM M4-1000 Flash Hider. I have to be honest it's mainly for aesthetics since i have no experience with this type of flash hider, however i heard a lot of good things about it.

Lights mounted on guns is always a must. Specially when you are planning to use it as a home defense rifle. I wanted my rifle to be lightweight so opted to use Surefire X300. It's a small light but will do it's job in the dark. Easy to manipulate and had a very bright aura when it's on.

Vertical Grip and Rail Panel

The DD M4 already comes with DD Grip. Honestly.. not really fond of it but it kinda grows on me. I install a LARUE FUG but the color did not match that well and it makes the DD M4 bulkier. So the DD Grip stays as it is.

Rail Panel... i have trouble on selecting which rail panels to use. I installed Magpul XTM panels but it just doesn't look right. So i choose Tango Down SCAR rail panel. It's lightweight, very solid and it's thinner compared to the regular Tango Down rail panel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Optics and Pistol Grip:

I mounted an Eotech 552 and Acog but it doesn't sit right to me. So opted for an Aimpoint Comp M3 for more slick look. Eotech and Acog are good stuff but i wanted my DD m4 to look slick and lightweight so the aimpoint is my choice.

For the pistol grip... DDm4 comes with a regular pistol grip so i changed to a MAGPUL MOE grip. it already comes with a very nice trigger guard so a Magpul MIAD is not necessary. For some reason i'm a magpul whore. lol

Magazine and Butt stock:

Well.. it's a no brainer for me to install a Magpul UBR and use a PMAG magazine. The original DD M4 comes with a regular magpul MOE stock. it's nice really but i wanted a solid based butt stock and can provide balance to the rifle so i opted for a Magpul UBR. It's makes the rifle sexier. lol

Slings:

I have several slings in my stash but i choose the Magpul MS2 sling. I wanted my DD M4 to be an all around rifle so the best choice would be the MS2 sling that can be converted from single point to 2 point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Skull:
    Where are you mounting the MS2 sling? By putting on the UBR, you covered the integrated QD plate at the castle nut. Since the sling was designed to be used with an ASP (or just ring connector point), what is your plan?
    -Adam

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeves915 View Post
    Skull:
    Where are you mounting the MS2 sling? By putting on the UBR, you covered the integrated QD plate at the castle nut. Since the sling was designed to be used with an ASP (or just ring connector point), what is your plan?
    -Adam

you can use a swivel and insert it near the pistol grip of the UBR. it doesn't give you a 360 degrees like the ASAP plate but it works..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good layout, good pics, good info.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
    Managed to dig a picture out of my camera.

Lancelot,

How is the light mount and sling mount working out together? I've always thought that the two would not work together so I've never tried it, but after seeing it done, I would like more details. Thanks.