Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm curious about that too, as I'm going to be putting that sling mount on this gun.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rainier Arms sells sticky pads with a grip surface to them that fit in the depressions in the PMAGS.

Or it could be skateboard tape.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'm curious about that too, as I'm going to be putting that sling mount on this gun.

So far its working out well. The sling mount is the Colt mount and I got it from PK firearms. The cheapest price I found around $29 and they were in stock.... The MI mount I got from Bravo Company.

I do not like the ring the light is in. Its a cheap scope ring I got from Wally World. It works fine, but its bulky. I'm thinking of trying one of the Vltor rings or something similar.

The swivel clears the light and ring as it sits. The ring is in like the second slot back on the rail. If you pushed it back any further, with the sling the way it is, the two will bump into each other. A lower profile ring would probably fix that. I have tried an M3, and similar lights like the TLR1 on the rail. They work fine. They don't work fine on the side with the sling.

I shoot with either my thumb up, or my forefinger pointing along the hand guards pointing forward. As such I can reach the switch on the light. If I put a light like the M3 on the other side, I can reach it with my index finger as it wraps around and under the handguards.

Now, it does add some weight to the muzzle. Its not much and I don't notice it much. I have had people tell me that they needed a generous amount of loctite to hold the MI mount in place. On one forum it was suggested that you should use red loctite if you shoot the gun a lot, or run it until its hot. I haven't shot it that hard yet. But I do have a little blue loctite on it.

Another option is to ditch the Colt style swivel and use the UWL sling mount from Blue Force Gear. Get the short length for this application. And be prepared to do some fidgiting to get the UWL on . Once its on its works well and under the FSB won't interfere with anything.

So I like it. Again the standard handguards are a necessity for my work car / gun rack. As a result all of this is a series of compromises. They are inexpensive changes, and can be made to issue guns without getting in trouble with your armorer. If Magpul made the MOE handguards for a midlength it would solve a lot of my issues.

Updated pic with sling removed for clarity.

Downloads
    Uploads

New AR

I just picked up a new AR lower - just doing my job trying to support the economy. Actually I'm impressed with this lower, it's got bullet markings instead of safe/semi. I'll probably get them color filled. And it was a good price, just under $150 out the door and made by Aero Precision in Tacoma, WA. I guess they used to make lowers for some other big name manufacturers. The finish is very nice and clean. Now comes the expensive part of building it up...

Last edited by OfcPowder; 20 April 2009 at 13:00.

Downloads
    Uploads
    FWIW, this is the Vltor light ring on the other MI FSB rail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    FWIW, this is the Vltor light ring on the other MI FSB rail.

Great pics thanks! Which ring is it? I know Vltor makes more then one size, right?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's the one meant for the G2

I really don't remember which model number or whatever.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's my MAGPUL VLTOR CASV CONCEPT ...

attempting a TRI-TONE COLOR AR15 ...

Last edited by Army Chief; 19 April 2009 at 10:52.

Downloads
    Uploads

note: wrong placement of the swivel on the UBR.. lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Noveske N4 Light Recce
    Aimpoint Micro T-1 w/ LaRue 660 mount
    LaRue VFG
    LaRue offset flashlight mount and Surefire L4 Lumamax
    VTAC 2 point padded sling
    VLTOR Emod
    TD battlegrip
    Magpul XTM Rail covers and Ergo ladder covers on top rail
    Troy BUIS

I wanted a decently lightweight setup so I tried to keep everything as minimal as possible. Starting with optic choice and the T-1 I didn't think it could be beat for weight and speed. Light setup I went with a vfg and offset mount on the flashlight to allow easy use. For the light I went with the Lumamax because of the output as well as pretty good battery life with it being an LED. I'll update more with further range use to let ya'll know how everything is working and what gets changed.

-BC

"I would never have a 7.62 as my primary home defense weapon. I mean by all means if I'm cleaning a 7.62 and some d-bag busts down my door I'll give him a bad day"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SKULL View Post

note: wrong placement of the swivel on the UBR.. lol

Nothing wrong with using the front mount on the UBR, its where I use it on mine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Nothing wrong with using the front mount on the UBR, its where I use it on mine.

thanks for the tip stick. i was under the impression that the front mount can only be used in a single point configuration.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'm to poor to own a UBR but ditto. I like the sling there much better then on the butt end of the stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any specific reason why it's better for the button to the front of the UBR? I'm thinking it's easier to pull a tighter fit, but I don't have much experience in 2 sling configurations