Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Geissele Automatics SMR Lower Prices

Looks like Geissele Automatics is going to trim down the SMR line to the MK4 and MK8, include a Super Gas Block to prevent gas block fitment issues, and lower prices all around.

"Dear Loyal Customers,

In 2009 Geissele started making our Super Modular Rail (SMR) for the AR-15/M4 Carbine platform. Since then the SMR variants have been highly sought after and keeping up with the demand became almost impossible due to the complex 3D machining and large material removal from the aluminum semi-billet we start with. A year and a half ago we decided to meet this issue head on; we invested in equipment, people, and engineered new processes and procedures to manufacture our SMR’s on a larger scale without compromising quality. This allowed us to make more rails than ever before and more efficiently than ever before. The improved processes have allowed us to not only mass produce the highest quality, premium rail on the market. But, it also allowed us to dramatically reduce the cost, a cost savings that we have decided to pass along to you, our loyal customers. Today is the culmination of all of that hard work. Starting now, the SMR’s for the AR-15/M4 Carbine platform will be available in 7”, 9.5”, 13” and 15”. Each SMR will also feature M-LOK compatibility, and most importantly will start at just $200. On top of that, each SMR will include a low-profile Stainless Steel Super Gas Block (SGB), a $59 value and a value that can’t be beat.

I would like to personally thank each and every one of you for your business and support. We promise to continue to provide the highest quality premium products available.

For God & Country,
    Bill Geissele"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fairly significant price drop, especially with the gas block included. Must admit I'm a little annoyed. The new retail price is below their previous dealer price on some models.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Fairly significant price drop, especially with the gas block included. Must admit I'm a little annoyed. The new retail price is below their previous dealer price on some models.
    Did you carry SMR's?

I just had this same conversation with my buddy at Geissele. Dealers stocked with SMR's now may not be happy with the fact they are going to make $12/per SMR and that's not including the fact they don't get a free Super Gas Block.

However, Bill is an honorable guy and I wouldn't be surprised if he did something for his dealers to mitigate this.

Unlike Magpul when they lowered the prices of their stock and told most of their dealers... sorry. *shoulder shrug*

Downloads
    Uploads
    WEVO is fortunate to be associated with several manufacturers who have their heads in the right space. Meaning no disrespect to those manufacturers/retailers who might be more routinely involved here, I am hard pressed to think of anyone that goes the extra mile to make great products more accessible to more people than Bill Geissele. This announcement is just another example of why Geissele has a permanent spot on my parts list.

And yeah, I can see how this interferes with current inventory in the retail chain and iI expect it's tough to dollar-cost cost average on a low volume item. But as a consumer, I can't help but be pleased.
    Last edited by RiverRat; 21 August 2015 at 10:38.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Did you carry SMR's?

I just had this same conversation with my buddy at Geissele. Dealers stocked with SMR's now may not be happy with the fact they are going to make $12/per SMR and that's not including the fact they don't get a free Super Gas Block.

However, Bill is an honorable guy and I wouldn't be surprised if he did something for his dealers to mitigate this.

Unlike Magpul when they lowered the prices of their stock and told most of their dealers... sorry. *shoulder shrug*
    We didn't sell them through the site, but I did sell some locally, abiding by Geissele's MAP policy. I don't have any left, thankfully. It's just the process that annoys me. I've been in several other industries where this kind of thing happens and it can definitely hurt some retailers.

The new pricing is great. Makes the rails much more competitive, especially since they're great quality and tough as nails. If I wasn't buying diapers like crazy right now I'd probably swap my 10" KMR for the 9.5" MK4 on my SBR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is great!!! Time to place an order.

Way to go Geissele.
    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did find out that if you want a SMR MK2 or MK3, they will still be available once a year as they plan to do a run of them every year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did find out that if you want a SMR MK2 or MK3, they will still be available once a year as they plan to do a run of them every year.
    Not to sidetrack too much - but do you know if Bill ever plans on doing rails in grey? I see grey MK2's floating around once every blue moon.

Curious to see what the end action will be with dealers. I know we've had a similar discussion at work about selling blem parts/guns and such and thus undercutting dealers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Not to sidetrack too much - but do you know if Bill ever plans on doing rails in grey? I see grey MK2's floating around once every blue moon.

Curious to see what the end action will be with dealers. I know we've had a similar discussion at work about selling blem parts/guns and such and thus undercutting dealers.
    There's this wonderful new product called Cerakote. Will make just about anything you want just about any color you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    There's this wonderful new product called Cerakote. Will make just about anything you want just about any color you want.
    Nahhhhh, I like Durakote better

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I think he's one of those guys that want to keep the fancy markings on his rail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dealers haven't been able to purchase any rails at all since earlier this year. I'm sure that's a factor in the price changes as well. He doesn't need a dealer network when every single SMR he can produce will sell direct.

I somewhat doubt there will be any form of compensation since it's been so long since rails were removed from dealer purchases.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think he's one of those guys that want to keep the fancy markings on his rail.
    Haha touché

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Dealers haven't been able to purchase any rails at all since earlier this year. I'm sure that's a factor in the price changes as well. He doesn't need a dealer network when every single SMR he can produce will sell direct.

I somewhat doubt there will be any form of compensation since it's been so long since rails were removed from dealer purchases.
    I've seen it before, where a manufacturer will give you credit towards the next order.

Downloads
    Uploads
    *shakes fist full of money*