Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The only LC I have seen without crimps is the match grade and one batch of Federal boxed XM193 with LC head stamps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    XM193?
    Nope. I just bought a bunch of brand new Lake City brass. That batch is all brand new, unfired regular old brass.

I have some random brass that I collected over time too and the LC brass in there...some of it has crimps.

All that said once you take the crimp off the primer pockets once it's fine. Just taking the time to do that extra step (if it needs it) does take time hence the crimp discount. But when I bought my brass new it had never been loaded or primed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    The only LC I have seen without crimps is the match grade and one batch of Federal boxed XM193 with LC head stamps.

I bought a few thousand cases that are all exactly like that one... all the exact same head stamp.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was speaking about factory loaded ammunition. If it is brand new brass of course it's not crimped. It gets crimped during the primer installation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was speaking about factory loaded ammunition.
    Yes. The factory loaded stuff usually had a crimp on it... That said I can't even start to tell you who uses what brass and which ones do or don't have crimps. It's not my area of expertise...

I was going to get some Lapua Match brass but they seem to think that stuff is gold plated or something. It's almost 3 times what I paid for my new Lake City brass. I'm sure eventually I will have some though.

I don't know technically why it is better but everyone swears by it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's absolutely consistent case to case, lot to lot, and year to year. And it is made from the best quality raw brass. I have .338 LM brass that has 10-12 reloads and its primer pockets and flash holes look like most once fired brass.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's absolutely consistent case to case, lot to lot, and year to year. And it is made from the best quality raw brass. I have .338 LM brass that has 10-12 reloads and its primer pockets and flash holes look like most once fired brass.
    I just googled it and there are several threads from various places that speak highly of it.

For an AR though it might be a bit of overkill but then again I'm a perfectionist about some things.