Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wal-Mart to stop selling AR-15, other semi-automatic rifles

Well it looks like the rumors are actually true this time:

Wal-Mart to stop selling AR-15, other semi-automatic rifles

They claim that sales are slow on these types of guns. That may be true, as there are a million and one people selling rifles nowadays, but I suspect they are probably just trying to get out of the gun business. What do you think?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably a bit of both. AR's don't sell as well as they used to, and given the pressure to stop selling them, it probably made their decision easy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Selling firearms is bad for business for a retail department store., especially "assault rifles". I've always been amazed that they ever sold them at all. I'd say this move is overdue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had heard about this last weekend and made a trip to the redneck-ist Walmart in my area, figuring they'd have the most stock of 6920s. No joy, or at least, none were on display. The old codger behind the counter was having issues running a credit card of one of the 3 customers waiting, so I decided to move on.

Word was, at least at one of the stores in town, insane deals on DPMS and Colt guns were to be had. Probably not a bad thing I missed it. More money for that ACOG I'll probably inevitably buy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Word was, at least at one of the stores in town, insane deals on DPMS and Colt guns were to be had. Probably not a bad thing I missed it. More money for that ACOG I'll probably inevitably buy.
    TA-31RCO?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've seen some deals people have posted on other sites. I haven't had a chance to go by there yet.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think WEVO clarified section has more AR THAN WAL MART lol
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Probably a bit of both. AR's don't sell as well as they used to, and given the pressure to stop selling them, it probably made their decision easy.
    I would agree with this. That said I don't step foot in wal mart unless I absolutely have to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    TA-31RCO?
    TA-31H-G. I've shouldered it and it was surprisingly easy and better than some other options <cough> ELCAN <cough>. What I need to figure out is if a Macedon riser is needed. I'm guessing it won't hurt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    TA-31H-G. I've shouldered it and it was surprisingly easy and better than some other options <cough> ELCAN <cough>. What I need to figure out is if a Macedon riser is needed. I'm guessing it won't hurt.
    Interested to see how it goes when you get it. I've been thinking about trying an ACOG again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought Walmart vowed to stop selling ARs after Sandy Hook. Did that fall through? I've never seen any ARs at the Wally worlds in my area.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    I thought Walmart vowed to stop selling ARs after Sandy Hook. Did that fall through? I've never seen any ARs at the Wally worlds in my area.
    I am in the middle of gun country and they might have 1 or 2 at best.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never shop at Walmart and its good they stop anyway. Drive more customers to the LGS. Instead of them coming in and bitching about cost of items and buying 20 rounds of Prvi.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cant say I ever go to Wal-Mart for anything of decent quality when it comes to firearms anyway.
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I never shop at Walmart and its good they stop anyway. Drive more customers to the LGS. Instead of them coming in and bitching about cost of items and buying 20 rounds of Prvi.
    During last panic Walmart was the only place local to me that didn't jack up their prices on ammo. My LSGs were charging around $80 per 100 rounds of 5.56. To me the loss of competition is almost never good for prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    Cant say I ever go to Wal-Mart for anything of decent quality when it comes to firearms anyway.
    My local Walmarts sold Colt, Remington and other decent rifles. Maybe just a plus of being in the south.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa