Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    During last panic Walmart was the only place local to me that didn't jack up their prices on ammo. My LSGs were charging around $80 per 100 rounds of 5.56. To me the loss of competition is almost never good for prices.

My local Walmarts sold Colt, Remington and other decent rifles. Maybe just a plus of being in the south.
    I live in Oklahoma and not many of our walmarts sell guns anymore.
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    During last panic Walmart was the only place local to me that didn't jack up their prices on ammo. My LSGs were charging around $80 per 100 rounds of 5.56. To me the loss of competition is almost never good for prices.
    I live 10 minutes from a Bass Pro and about an hour from Cabela's. Their prices stayed consistent through out the madness although stock suffered because they refused to deal with wholesalers gouging. I had and will always keep a mountain of ammo stock piled. I buy all I use when prices are low. I did not purchase ammo for almost a year last panic. I actually sold some ammo last time. I was sitting on a ton of .22LR because of a crazy sale Cabela's had not 6 months before the BS.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I live 10 minutes from a Bass Pro and about an hour from Cabela's. Their prices stayed consistent through out the madness although stock suffered because they refused to deal with wholesalers gouging. I had and will always keep a mountain of ammo stock piled. I buy all I use when prices are low. I did not purchase ammo for almost a year last panic. I actually sold some ammo last time. I was sitting on a ton of .22LR because of a crazy sale Cabela's had not 6 months before the BS.
    I live in a rural area, there is no Cabela near and the closest Bass Pro is an 1 1/2 hour drive. I also had ammo stocked up but I remember which shops were taking advantage of the situation. Walmart is still considerably cheaper than the LGS on ammo. We now have a Buds, but it's also near a 2 hour drive.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the same boat as Gost. I almost exclusively buy ammo at Walmart. Also quite a drive to Cabela's or Bass pro. We have KYGUNCo fairly close, and bud's within 70 miles but neither had better pricing then Wallyworld. I bought our 6920 moe there for 1050 all in. Plus they regularly get in great deals on 1,000rd lots of Federal

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Interested to see how it goes when you get it. I've been thinking about trying an ACOG again.
    You're not helping. I don't need it...but it's been sitting in my cart at Rainier for a week or so.