Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    So first up, I have no bone to pick with you guys. I've purchased several items through you guys and it's been a painless process going through my local FFL for the F4. But this confuses me:
    I visited a local FFL (not my normal FFL I usually use) that is listed as a "Powered By" FFL on your site when I click a specific can to purchase. I asked him how this "new" system worked and he stated that there was a transfer fee (which was significantly more than my normal, non-"Powered by" guy). So if a FFL has signed up with you as a "Powered By" dealer, should they not be charging me the transfer fee? Or is it, in the end, still up to them?
    Correct he should not be charging you a transfer fee. PM me his name and I will call him. They are under contract with us but if they do charge you for any reason then we will reimburse you.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's, Rugged, SIG, SureFire, Tactical Solutions,Thunder Beast, YHM
    www.silencershop.com
    512-931-4556

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's good info to know...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the all the information and transparency Jeremy. I hope to do business with Silencer shop in the near future so it's reassuring to have someone with intimate knowledge of the process right here on the forum as a resource :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy M. View Post
    Except now there is no transfer fee. Also we file the form 4 while we are waiting on the form 3 approval.
    I have a question about this. I may be wrong since I've only filed one Form 3 only recently which gives me a limited experience in the matter, having dealt solely with Form 4 transfers in the past.

How can the Form 4 be filed if the Form 3 is not yet approved? It seems that anyone filing a Form 4 in advance of the Form 3 being approved runs the risk of trouble if the Form 3 is rejected. They'd then have a pending Form 4 attempting to transfer an item to someone else that's not legally in their possession to transfer. The "Under penalty of perjury..." signature block just for show?

It just seems like it's inviting a potentially serious problem to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Correct he should not be charging you a transfer fee. PM me his name and I will call him. They are under contract with us but if they do charge you for any reason then we will reimburse you.
    PM sent. Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually the only change is that now we form 3 to Texas so overall it doesn't really make that big of a difference since a small part of our business is Texas compared to the rest of the nation.
    I really meant that as a jab to the ATF; it seems like the slightest thing upends their system

Downloads
    Uploads
    I give youba kidney for a suppressor
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Vel, I'm very sorry that you had this issue. This is not a typical experience with a form 3 or Silencer Shop.
    Thanks for the response. I figured it wasn't typical, just would have been nice to be kept in the loop. Felt like one of two scenarios, one you didn't know it was missing until I said something, or two you were hoping I wouldn't notice. $1300 and nothing in hand, I noticed.

I'm happy we have someone on the inside now that can shed some light on any future issues that hopefully don't come up.

Welcome to Weapon Evolution forum!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    I give youba kidney for a suppressor
    Bro, bad offer. You could probably get 80 grand for that kidney elsewhere. I hear a good right nut will pull in 40K!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I have a question about this. I may be wrong since I've only filed one Form 3 only recently which gives me a limited experience in the matter, having dealt solely with Form 4 transfers in the past.

How can the Form 4 be filed if the Form 3 is not yet approved? It seems that anyone filing a Form 4 in advance of the Form 3 being approved runs the risk of trouble if the Form 3 is rejected. They'd then have a pending Form 4 attempting to transfer an item to someone else that's not legally in their possession to transfer. The "Under penalty of perjury..." signature block just for show?

It just seems like it's inviting a potentially serious problem to me.
    By the time the form 4 reaches the examiner the form 3 has already cleared. Most FFL's do this, its fairly common practice.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's, Rugged, SIG, SureFire, Tactical Solutions,Thunder Beast, YHM
    www.silencershop.com
    512-931-4556

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vel View Post
    Thanks for the response. I figured it wasn't typical, just would have been nice to be kept in the loop. Felt like one of two scenarios, one you didn't know it was missing until I said something, or two you were hoping I wouldn't notice. $1300 and nothing in hand, I noticed.

I'm happy we have someone on the inside now that can shed some light on any future issues that hopefully don't come up.

Welcome to Weapon Evolution forum!
    I understand completely. With the volume that we do sometimes things happen that is out of our control. What we are working on is better communication with the customer if something does go wrong. We are getting better but not where we want to be on that part. We process about 100-150 silencers a day and with that volume of mail sometimes things go haywire.
    Silencer Shop
    www.silencershop.com
    512-931-4556

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by six8 View Post
    Bro, bad offer. You could probably get 80 grand for that kidney elsewhere. I hear a good right nut will pull in 40K!
    Remember I have Bad kidneys. So I mite get like $1000.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    Remember I have Bad kidneys. So I mite get like $1000.
    That's enough for a can

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeap