Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

What's on your bench?

So... the weekend is coming up. Anyone working on some reloading to play with?

Taking a friend and his son out for a day at the range on Monday for the lad's birthday (he doesn't know it yet) so making up a few things to test out before they arrive.

sub-sonic 458Socom anyone? The lead nose stuff (Remington 405g bulk stuff) is the beginnings of my sub testing. The others (Hornady 325FTX) are for 'plinking'. I want to see what it does to my gong, and a 5 gallon bucket of water.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only thing on my bench is a mess , time to do some cleaning by loading up the 10k worth of blackout brass

Downloads
    Uploads
    10 grand worth of just brass??? You're gonna be busy for a while!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately I haven't been reloading lately. Seems like it's gonna be my winter time hobby.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Four handguns to clean. Range session this morning.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, that was fun! 6 hours at the range yesterday with my friend and his 2 kids. One had a birthday and his wish was to go shooing with me (awwwww...) and his daughter didn't want to be left out so she tagged along. What a hoot! Fun seeing their eyes light up when I started pulling stuff out they did not expect.... Glock34 with Osprey suppressor... Mr. Giggles (AKA Saiga12)... and the aforementioned 458Socom bullets. Before they showed up, I got to function test the new Umbrella SBR which ran great other than the damn spring twang. Gotta get another JP Silent spring. And the 458Socom sub loads... the more I use ReLoader7 the more i like it. Right off the bat, I had bolt hold open the only one of the 5 initial test loads that did. I'll have to work up the others to see if they will BHO at the sub speeds as well.

One quick way to keep youngsters interesting in shooting...

Last edited by SwissyJim; 1 September 2015 at 11:03.
    Jim
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a good time Jim..

On my bench...

Pile of brass, took the kid and his friend who had never shot ar's or anything besides a 22 up, and well we blazed quite a few rounds..lol..So a pile of brass to clean, and throw in the pile for the winter time reloading..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lots of projects this week, installed the DD Omega 12 FSP rail on my carbine. Have a big akro bin full of Rainier 230gn JHP .45 I need to load up also with another 500 9mm on the way. Getting the Hornady setup for progressive pistol, had to get the shell plates.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    Well, that was fun! 6 hours at the range yesterday with my friend and his 2 kids. One had a birthday and his wish was to go shooing with me (awwwww...) and his daughter didn't want to be left out so she tagged along. What a hoot! Fun seeing their eyes light up when I started pulling stuff out they did not expect.... Glock34 with Osprey suppressor... Mr. Giggles (AKA Saiga12)... and the aforementioned 458Socom bullets. Before they showed up, I got to function test the new Umbrella SBR which ran great other than the damn spring twang. Gotta get another JP Silent spring. And the 458Socom sub loads... the more I use ReLoader7 the more i like it. Right off the bat, I had bolt hold open the only one of the 5 initial test loads that did. I'll have to work up the others to see if they will BHO at the sub speeds as well.

One quick way to keep youngsters interesting in shooting...

Mr. Giggles sounds like a reject from Clown school

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Mr. Giggles sounds like a reject from Clown school
    it does, doesn't it? But it never fails to make people giggle the first time they shoot it, at least those that are not as heavily into guns.
    Jim
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    it does, doesn't it? But it never fails to make people giggle the first time they shoot it, at least those that are not as heavily into guns.
    Do you need any 1680? Powder valley has 8lbers for $151. Probably gonna pick one up as it can be tough at times to find 1680..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Do you need any 1680? Powder valley has 8lbers for $151. Probably gonna pick one up as it can be tough at times to find 1680..
    even if I did the shipping fees to me in AK would kill any deal. Anything like that HAS to come up 2nd day air, which rapes me in cost. Beside, I have a bit already. And I've found more Re7, which is impressing me even more. First round test in a 458Socom with a 405g bullet, and I got 948 fps with bolt lockback. Only one that did, out of 1680, HS6, LilGun and another I forget. I'll try some workups with those others, but the Re7 was bang on with the first round loaded. Now all I need to do is tweak it for accuarcy, which I didn't even test on the first round.
    Jim
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    even if I did the shipping fees to me in AK would kill any deal. Anything like that HAS to come up 2nd day air, which rapes me in cost. Beside, I have a bit already. And I've found more Re7, which is impressing me even more. First round test in a 458Socom with a 405g bullet, and I got 948 fps with bolt lockback. Only one that did, out of 1680, HS6, LilGun and another I forget. I'll try some workups with those others, but the Re7 was bang on with the first round loaded. Now all I need to do is tweak it for accuarcy, which I didn't even test on the first round.
    That's cools.. yea I tend to forget you can't click and ship stuff...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump...and was bored so snapped a pic ,

Loading up some 124/147gr 9mm loads with WSF, which for 9mm has become my favorite and not too bad in 45 but have some cfe to try out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Bump...and was bored so snapped a pic ,

Loading up some 124/147gr 9mm loads with WSF, which for 9mm has become my favorite and not too bad in 45 but have some cfe to try out.

nice! Been loading a ton of 147g 9mm myself - shot off most all I had with friends on the boat the last month. I have found Titegroup works well for me, but also have tested loads with HS6 and CFEPistol.
    Jim
    Alaska Fun