Page 12 of 134 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: MAIL CALL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Curious on your thoughts, played with the single stage one, heard the 2 is nice also
    This one is single. I picked up a GS2 for Black Friday I am going to compare to and see which I like better.

I'm already unsure about the flat trigger. It sent a bit further forward and with a BAD lever, there ain't much room.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sold my SOPMOD on Monday and got my new Luthar MBA yesterday. Still trying to decide on a buffer setup so I haven't installed it but I think I'll really like it.

Also, my first pack of Magpods should be waiting for me on my front porch tomorrow when I get home from work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^ I really want to get one of those eventually.... I've always liked them...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    ^^ I really want to get one of those eventually.... I've always liked them...
    I'll search here in a minute, and if no one here has done a review on it I may do one once I get some time behind it. I was worried I wouldn't like it because I don't like CAA stocks and although it's similar it is MUCH better than CAA. My only complaint is that the cheekrest has a little bit of wiggle in it but I don't know how they could fix that without compromising the stock's unique features. I'll get over it....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh S. View Post
    I'll search here in a minute, and if no one here has done a review on it I may do one once I get some time behind it. I was worried I wouldn't like it because I don't like CAA stocks and although it's similar it is MUCH better than CAA. My only complaint is that the cheekrest has a little bit of wiggle in it but I don't know how they could fix that without compromising the stock's unique features. I'll get over it....
    Do it.Meme

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha just because of that I'll do it but it'll be my first review for anything...ever. Gotta start somewhere, right? I'll probably run it by y'all before I post anything. I also need to order some ammo and my buffer assembly first so it'll probably be a couple weeks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    How is that upper??? I was seriously contemplating buying one of those and doing a RA build.
    I used that upper and a RA lower as the starting point for a build i did for my dad. It's a great upper for the money, as long as you won't miss the forward assist. Typical Rainier Arms quality, well machined, and nice anodizing. Personally i find the aesthetics a bit questionable, as it's a standard forging that's had the FA nub milled flat. But it's 100% functional, fits and matches the lower well, and saved me $20 by not having to purchase a forward assist that wouldn't see much (if any) use. Rainier Arms has them on sale now for $50 here: https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-...inus-fa-w-logo.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Curious on your thoughts, played with the single stage one, heard the 2 is nice also
    I have a bunch of their triggers and love the single stage ones. For the MONEY I don't think there is a better single stage you can buy. But both the 2/2 and 3/1 2 stage triggers are a dissapointment. Inconsistent resets and a odd almost 3rd stage feel right before it breaks turned me off. Had some issues with the 2 stage and surplus .308 ammo and hard primers also. Blamed the ammo until I ran some with one of the single stage triggers with 0 issues.

For the money I'll take a SSA-E every time over their 2 stage triggers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    I used that upper and a RA lower as the starting point for a build i did for my dad. It's a great upper for the money, as long as you won't miss the forward assist. Typical Rainier Arms quality, well machined, and nice anodizing. Personally i find the aesthetics a bit questionable, as it's a standard forging that's had the FA nub milled flat. But it's 100% functional, fits and matches the lower well, and saved me $20 by not having to purchase a forward assist that wouldn't see much (if any) use. Rainier Arms has them on sale now for $50 here: https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-...inus-fa-w-logo.
    Neither of my builds have a forward assist. (CMT UPUR4 and a new one with a UPUR3) I haven't missed the FA one bit.

Right now I am tapped out on builds though. I just dropped a bunch on this latest one.

Rainier was definitely in the running to do a 'cheaper' (as in monetarily, not quality) build that I could have as a 'truck gun'...

I am all tapped out now but I was just curious because I was considering doing a RA build.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Whoop Whoop!! Mail call!!
    Saiga AK back from being threaded and trigger forward pins being filled, 1k of 30cal Nosler 190gr CC's, 2k of 357Sig brass and 2k of RMR 124g 357Sig hollowpoints
    My mail lady hates me...
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got my 1K Nosler 190gr CCs (bullets) today too. Thanks for the heads up Swissy.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump..Got a couple items from a few members to finish up a build , thanx fellas..

PEPR and a FCD abc/r

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't let UW see that PEPR lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by velocity2006 View Post
    Don't let UW see that PEPR lol.
    LOL I actually gave a PEPR but it's on my 10/22 and never leaves.

And YAY!!! Go my Umbrella Raptor and 2k or Xtreme bullets 147gr hollow points
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun