Page 54 of 134 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: MAIL CALL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys! Agreed, UC can kiss my A$$
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got this guy in today, along with a government size model. Nighthawk T3 Comp. Figured I would tease it since its a model that wasn't produced in large quantities. From what I understand NH has trouble sourcing the barrels. Range test tomorrow and high rez pics to follow!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried something very close to this, several years ago with a standard sized 1911. Shoot it in dim light if possible and let us know what you think? I'd be interesting in seeing what results you get.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Took the gun out for a confidence test and about 125 rounds in, the front sight started wiggling back and forth, causing friction against the slide and resulting in failures to go into battery. Sent Nighthawk an email about the problem.

Initial impression of the compensated barrel was very favorable and strings of fast fire were very easy to achieve. Hopefully they can give me a permanent solution to the problem because I would really like to start carrying this.

As it stands now, the pistol is completely deadlined.

Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I tried something very close to this, several years ago with a standard sized 1911. Shoot it in dim light if possible and let us know what you think? I'd be interesting in seeing what results you get.

FT

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    Got this guy in today, along with a government size model. Nighthawk T3 Comp. Figured I would tease it since its a model that wasn't produced in large quantities. From what I understand NH has trouble sourcing the barrels. Range test tomorrow and high rez pics to follow!

You get the best project guns!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopefully this one doesn't turn into a headache!

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    You get the best project guns!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    Hopefully this one doesn't turn into a headache!
    Ever have any issues with front sights attached directly to the barrel?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Ever have any issues with front sights attached directly to the barrel?
    I've never heard of the issue before but I haven't had much experience with a setup like this, where the front sight it dovetailed so close to the barrel ports. Most of my other experiences with ported barrels have been with sights that are attached to the frame, and the compensator is a separate part.

Still waiting to hear from Nighthawk but I'm starting to think about asking them to put in a new front sight and then staking it or welding it in place.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing to see as I wanted to install to make sure it worked first. It's a Mallkoff LED conversion for my 33 year old illuminated persuasion device. Hopfully it won't eat D-cells as fast. I'd forgotten how good this beast feels in hand.
    Attachment 2719
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Nothing to see as I wanted to install to make sure it worked first. It's a Mallkoff LED conversion for my 33 year old illuminated persuasion device. Hopfully it won't eat D-cells as fast. I'd forgotten how good this beast feels in hand.
    Attachment 2719
    Funny you post that I was just looking at their conversion yesterday. Saw a pretty inexpensive LED conversion while at Home Depot and wanted to compare the specs. I think the one I saw at home depot said 140 lumens but I don't think it'd actually get that. Malkoff says 270.
    Last edited by Pyzik; 8 February 2017 at 10:14.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    With Mallkoff I just assume it's the best option. You can buy his shortened reflector, but it took 2 minutes with a hacksaw to cut mine down to fit.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Attachment 2719
    Nice!!!
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Attachment 2719
    JEezus! That thing holds $60 worth of D cells. You trippled the value of your investment!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I need to look into that Malkoff conversion. My little Incendio throws more lumens than my behemoth. The Streamlight definitely throws more lead. []

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Docsherm!
    Will be going on the CMT SPR build.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/