Page 93 of 134 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2009

Thread: MAIL CALL

Downloads
    Uploads
    .17 a round with free shipping from PSA. Picked up 2K. I'm tired of the soft shooting rounds from Freedom munitions, it doesn't simulate carry ammo very well. Hope these Nato rounds are a little snappier...

Name:  20180924_204343.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  93.5 KB
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow...looks like you got a deal! Also agree on practicing with "soft" or "practice" ammo. You're correct, it doesn't simulate real shooting situations at all. Obviously, most folks can't afford to shoot thousands of rounds of heavy self defense rounds, what you're doing is a smart work around for that.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 25 September 2018 at 10:23.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I picked up four cases from FM back when it looked like Killery might be our next POTUS...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just snagged a 5000 round case of CCI .22 LR Mini Mag 36 Grain Copper Plated Hollow Point for $279 with free shipping! Five cents a round is almost the good old days prices... I just went back so I could copy the link for you guys and its vaporware??? WTF?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You haven't shot it yet??? Get out and burn some gunpowder!

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Yeah I picked up four cases from FM back when it looked like Killery might be our next POTUS...
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    You haven't shot it yet??? Get out and burn some gunpowder!
    Oh I did! I actually just finished off the last case a few weeks ago. Took me almost 2 years to shoot 4K rounds, I'm a slacker. I didn't want to buy more until I blew through it all...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've burnt through a lot this year. 7k is a lot for me. Only one each of carbine and pistol classes. My resolution is to get more new training in next year.

I need to start reloading!

Downloads
    Uploads

You do.

You will break even quickly if your burning up that much a year

As average is 28-30 cents a round for new ammo, quick math from my notes is I built , Better ammo at a fraction of that

Factory ammo. .30 x 7k = $2,100 roughly
    My reloads .15 cents x 7k = half that , and honestly buy in better, bigger bulk then I did you could make it cheaper.

So in that quick math you could have a good reloading start with that extra $1k

Ok...I’m done, carry on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've burnt through a lot this year. 7k is a lot for me. Only one each of carbine and pistol classes. My resolution is to get more new training in next year.

If you have the time for it, reloading can be worthwhile. It really makes sense if you're doing match ammo, as opposed to bulk, though. I was loading nosler 77s for about 32 cents a round, all in. 55gr range fodder was about 10 cents less. Between all the case prep and actual loading, though, it takes a lot of time. And this was with a dillon 650 and all the support equipment to streamline the process as much as possible. I got to the point where the time sink wasn't worth it; for what little free time I have in my life, I'd rather go to the range and shoot factory ammo, even if it costs more per round.

The precision rifle blog has a great post about this exact conundrum: http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/0...vs-match-ammo/

Like I said, though, if you have the time to do it, you can definitely save money and have better ammo. Some people simply like the process of reloading, too. There's nothing wrong with that. And reloading pistol ammo is quite a bit easier since you don't have all the case prep for bottle neck cartridges.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    The biggest thing holding me back is getting time to do it. I'm finally seeing where a single stage press might allow me to do some nicer loads in small batches, and maybe some slightly larger quantities of pistol ammo as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The biggest thing holding me back is getting time to do it. I'm finally seeing where a single stage press might allow me to do some nicer loads in small batches, and maybe some slightly larger quantities of pistol ammo as well.
    If you don't already have free time, I recommend you skip reloading. Using a single stage is really slow. Pistol ammo makes no sense at all on a single stage. The cost benefit is slim, since it's already cheap to begin with.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's the other wall I bounce off of. :)

Much of my free time is dictated by the amount of head-exploding shitstorms going on at a given time. Right now, business is good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    If you don't already have free time, I recommend you skip reloading. Using a single stage is really slow. Pistol ammo makes no sense at all on a single stage. The cost benefit is slim, since it's already cheap to begin with.
    Can still build better than factory ammo for half the price.. Some see it some don’t, it’s whatever your in to. I see it as more ammo for less, more $$ for other things and just strait like building shit so it makes sense..slow rainy winter months are the time to geek out and crank em out.

I don’t shoot allot but I haven’t bought factory ammo in years even though I have many cans full of factory ammo..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Time for some upgrades on the Ruger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Time for some upgrades on the Ruger

Which barrel did you get? If it's the same as mine it's one heck of a shooter with good match ammo. One hole groups at 50 yards.

FWIW I think Federal discontinued the Federal Ultra Match 22 LR line... that sucks because my rifle loves that stuff.