Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.vuurwapenblog.com/general...e-theres-liar/

Train wreck is getting bigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abBKYE8lP7o

A lot of people are kind of hung up on the Crisco brand but in the Weapon Shield v FireClean video, George Fennel also uses Wesson oil (another brand of vegetable oils) and Pam as an example (approximately 1 minute 45 seconds in). His Facebook post is definitely a not-so-subtle jab at one of his competitors but claims that FireClean is a vegetable based oil (similar to canola oil) looks correct.

It's like anyone that calls all tissue paper, Kleenex. Another example would be people who call hook and loop, Velcro. So on and so forth. This situation has been blown way out of proportion.
    Last edited by Evintos; 14 September 2015 at 09:03.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Evintos View Post

A lot of people are kind of hung up on the Crisco brand but in the Weapon Shield v FireClean video, George Fennel also uses Wesson oil (another brand of vegetable oils) and Pam as an example (approximately 1 minute 45 seconds in). His Facebook post is definitely a not-so-subtle jab at one of his competitors but claims that FireClean is a vegetable based oil (similar to canola oil) looks correct.

It's like anyone that calls all tissue paper, Kleenex. Another example would be people who call hook and loop, Velcro. So on and so forth. This situation has been blown way out of proportion.
    It's definitely getting bigger.

Wow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honest hypothetical question:

If fire clean never existed, and there was a general consensus within the firearms community that Crisco worked very well as a lubricant, would you give it a shot? Use it as your primary form of lubrication?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The biggest shame here is that he is still running windows XP...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    Honest hypothetical question:

If fire clean never existed, and there was a general consensus within the firearms community that Crisco worked very well as a lubricant, would you give it a shot? Use it as your primary form of lubrication?
    Most likely. I currently just use synthetic motor oil and it's been working just fine for the last 5 years. I stopped drinking the name brand oil juice a long time ago. For the money the oil cannot be beat, may smell a bit, but that's the only negative. For heavier metal on metal contact (my 1911's and M1/M14 style actions) I use universal gun grease, and that holds up pretty well also.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    Rapeseed oil
    Soybean oil
    Fireclean oil

These 3 samples are what the graphs were from. Anyone who thinks Soybean oil = Rapeseed oil needs their head examined. So then asserting that since the graphs are similar, Fireclean must be "Crisco" is the height of stupidity.

So, what we need is an accurate chemical composition analysis taking pure vegetable oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil, canola oil, soybean oil, rapseed oil, corn oil and this fireclean oil and find out what it actually is. That shouldn't be very difficult since it can be done with a mass spectrometer. Once it is 100% verified what it exactly is, then there could be a pretty massive lawsuit from whoever makes the actual oil since it is unlikely that fireclean has been paying them royalties for using their product and re-marketing it.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    So, what we need is an accurate chemical composition analysis taking pure vegetable oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil, canola oil, soybean oil, rapseed oil, corn oil and this fireclean oil and find out what it actually is. That shouldn't be very difficult since it can be done with a mass spectrometer. Once it is 100% verified what it exactly is, then there could be a pretty massive lawsuit from whoever makes the actual oil since it is unlikely that fireclean has been paying them royalties for using their product and re-marketing it.
    You're making a lot of assumptions.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    Will... c'mon man. Do you even know what you're talking about?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Evintos View Post

It doesn't matter if it's pee in a bottle, if they use different ammo to overplay the "burn off" effect of Fireclean (which I think is a joke any how) then that's mistruth/intentional misdirection to beef up the product

Downloads
    Uploads
    I doubt there are many (if any) malfunctions that guys run into that, having used a different lube, would/could have been prevented. Use your favorite lubricant and move on...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    I doubt there are many (if any) malfunctions that guys run into that, having used a different lube, would/could have been prevented. Use your favorite lubricant and move on...
    Eh, it depends on how resilient the lube is. I personally don't use FC, but I continually hear at how well it holds up under temp/use, and I can understand that being a selling point. If one lube doesn't hold up under use, it can cause malfunctions compared to one that does hold up. I've had this exact issue pop up with Slip 2k on a suppressed gun in the Florida summer. With regular Slip 2K, I couldn't get through 200 rounds without the BCG severely slowing down. When I switched back to Slip 2K EWL, it keeps on running with no issues. The regular Slip 2K was free (Slip shipped it to me accidentally and just said keep it), so I didn't really care it didn't work, but it was an important data point.

Overall ambient temp can be another important factor that, depending on the lube, could cause malfunctions. Having one lube that I know will operate at 0*C and 40*C makes life much easier than having to buy different types based on a location I may be going to. There's many lubes out there that will work across that temperature span, but there's also some that won't.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Eh, it depends on how resilient the lube is. I personally don't use FC, but I continually hear at how well it holds up under temp/use, and I can understand that being a selling point. If one lube doesn't hold up under use, it can cause malfunctions compared to one that does hold up. I've had this exact issue pop up with Slip 2k on a suppressed gun in the Florida summer. With regular Slip 2K, I couldn't get through 200 rounds without the BCG severely slowing down. When I switched back to Slip 2K EWL, it keeps on running with no issues. The regular Slip 2K was free (Slip shipped it to me accidentally and just said keep it), so I didn't really care it didn't work, but it was an important data point.

Overall ambient temp can be another important factor that, depending on the lube, could cause malfunctions. Having one lube that I know will operate at 0*C and 40*C makes life much easier than having to buy different types based on a location I may be going to. There's many lubes out there that will work across that temperature span, but there's also some that won't.
    Good point. I totally concede temp can have an big impact and you should make educated decisions. where I'm coming from is hearing guys prattle on endlessly about why their favorite synthetic motor oil x is better then equally good brand y. Marketing folks have gotten so good these days that they've made little cults lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    This thing is gonna be as big as Hillary's email scandal.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Will... c'mon man. Do you even know what you're talking about?

Probably not, but apparently nobody else knows for sure 100% what it actually is anyway.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Good point. I totally concede temp can have an big impact and you should make educated decisions. where I'm coming from is hearing guys prattle on endlessly about why their favorite synthetic motor oil x is better then equally good brand y. Marketing folks have gotten so good these days that they've made little cults lol
    So true. I've said it before, but there's two subjects in the internet gun world that bring out the most emotion and bizarre-ness: piston guns and lube.