Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Evintos View Post
    http://www.vuurwapenblog.com/general...eclean-crisco/

It's likely that people expected a eco-friendly, non-toxic blend of oils with additives. The lack of additives (if true) is probably one of the biggest (if not the biggest) contributors to the outrage (feigned or otherwise). I 'd wager that the amount of controversy would have been negligible had spectral analysis shown that there are common or proprietary additives. The cost for a blend of readily available/accessible vegetable based lipids seemingly without additives (aka FireClean) is outrageous.
    LOL No additives, just straight vegetable oil that will gum up over time. Awesome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    Doesn't smell sweet, but more research into the oil shows they do use Benzenesulfonic acid. As already stated, though, you probably are more exposed to it while sitting in traffic or standing outside a bar where people are smoking.

http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/content/Ge...25925pdf?$PDF$

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    LOL No additives, just straight vegetable oil that will gum up over time. Awesome.
    Reading the patent actually shed a lot of light on that, as did some researching OSI's of high oleic acid organic compounds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Basically there saying it's NOT a good idea to use oils you have in your home and kitchen to lube your $1000 + firearm? Should I not be filling the oil in my car with Crisco too? I remember when it was just good ol' Hoppes