Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As an aside, I have never had or seen an issue with any of his rifles. In fact in an F2S class I shot earlier this year (http://www.vdmsr.com/2015/03/aar-dua...lting-feb.html) a guy was running one and had very little to no issues with it. Accuracy was as good as the SR25 ECC I was running and it lived up to the hype, in my opinion, but so did the SR25.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I don't buy their products because I don't like the design, obviously. Two of the rifles I've seen in person were using AAC SDN-6s...read about other issues on various forums.

The AR15/AR10 platform was made to run with iron sights, however adapted to optics the rifles have become. Eye relief is meant to be measured from the charging handle forward- using nose-to-charging handle (doesn't necessarily mean it's touching, but close) or length of pull. The PRS stock has the cheek riser in the place it is so the charging handle can actually function, NOT because that's the proper position for your cheek.

An adjustable cheek riser is unnecessary if the scope is mounted on the proper height rings and set up on the rifle properly.

Like the SPR I just built, the scope is set up based on all of this, and is as low as possible (height over bore) as it can be (objective is nearly touching the handguard. Setting a scope up high just so a stock with a cheek riser can be used or needing a cheek riser because the scope is mounted so high means its not being set up properly and I'd be willing to bet there are other issues present like poor form, and the shooter could be better/more precise. The vast majority of folks shoot very little so the problems aren't obvious or they never come to light while in a gun safe. Then you have a percentage of people who, just because they paid a lot of money for something, will not take criticism very well. It happens.

I may not be explaining this well over the internet, but I could plainly show it in person better. Feel free to brush me off as another internet guy, but if you take a precision rifle course from someone who isn't just taking your money, they'll tell you the same thing about how to properly set up a carbine in order to maximize it.
    Anyone setting up any rifle as a PR should understand that the rifle is part of a system. All the parts need to be planned out to work with and compliment each other, or if you make a purpose driven compromise here or there you understand and accept the consequences of said compromise.

When you buy an OBR, you should know you are buying a rifle with 20MOA (or 10 in the 5.56), it's a feature, not fault, if you plan all the other components accordingly. it probably should have never come with an A2 stock...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    It's funny LaRue is marketing a can. All the LaRue rifles I've seen run suppressed all ran like crap. Three thousand dollar crap.
    See - this is where I wrote off your opinion. When a person says "all the XXX I've seen..." It gives many people the impression you have lots of experience with that item. When someone pins you down to a number and you say you saw two rifles... It's all very disingenuous in my book. If I saw 2 rifles choke I wouldn't say "all the rifles I've seen" unless I was trying to sound more credible and imply something I wasn't really qualified to say.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You have a valid point but so does the other guy. When you're at a $3000 price point you better run like Luis to a buffet, especially when there are comparable rifles that are over $1000 less that perform as well. I'm not saying that Larue makes a subpar product, but I am saying at their price point you better step up to the plate.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    You have a valid point but so does the other guy. When you're at a $3000 price point you better run like Luis to a buffet, especially when there are comparable rifles that are over $1000 less that perform as well. I'm not saying that Larue makes a subpar product, but I am saying at their price point you better step up to the plate.
    I can not eat at buffets any more
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    How about a smorgasbord?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    How about a smorgasbord?
    What is that
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    That is the problem right there....NEVER GO TO TOS!......
    Can't find it anyway! My Google Foo is weak today.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are guys here that can take a g note and build a rifle as good as the ones that sell you their name equity up-front, and still have enough left over for a 30 pack and a decent cigar. I don't pay people to stamp their good name on my stuff. I will however pay a reasonable premium for quality workmanship. I like to think that's the mindset of this place.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    How about a smorgasbord?
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    What is that
    Just think feeding trough. LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    There are guys here that can take a g note and build a rifle as good as the ones that sell you their name equity up-front, and still have enough left over for a 30 pack and a decent cigar. I don't pay people to stamp their good name on my stuff. I will however pay a reasonable premium for quality workmanship. I like to think that's the mindset of this place.
    Well put.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have owned both a 5.56 PredatOBR and a 7.62 PredatOBR. The fit and finish of the rifles are fantastic. Both of mine ran suppressed with an AAC 556SD and an SDN-6 just fine with no issues. The major issue I had, that I could not look past, was the proprietary barrel nut system. No matter how hard I torqued that barrel nut down, it would loosen after 150 rounds or so and it sheered off the barrel pin after 2000 rounds or so. I had purchased the rifle when they were hens teeth to get from a former LaRue employee. I asked him about the issue and he said it was an issue LaRue was fully aware of. I called LaRue to have the rifle send back in for service and they acted like I was crazy and this was not a common issue. I dropped the name of the former employee and their changed their tune and admitted that I would need to monitor the barrel nut during extended range trips. For the cost of this rifle...this is a stupid problem to have.

I sold both my LaRue rifles and turned them into KAC 25's and 15's and have not looked back. The SR-25 is built like a brick shithouse. Hell, I had to take the upper into Rainier Arms to even get the brake off and they ended up having to cut the damn thing off. The KAC stuff is built like a tank and if you compared the two you would drop the extra $1500 in a heartbeat.

LaRue makes some great mounts...until you buy a Bobro. I still like the LaRue better than the ADM though.

Mark LaRue should just stick to making BBQ rubs....that is where he really shines LOL