Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^^^Agreed.

I'd like to get into a suppressor on the 300BLK pistol I built. I'm just not sure I want to do so without a trust.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have my suppressor running under the Seekins MCSR rail on my 300BLK, and to be honest I have never felt the heat. Now granted, I run 90% (or better) subs which do not generate the heat as much, but if subs are the game then go for it. On the other hand, my can on my 5.56 SBR runs HOT. DAMN hot. I can see how it being under a rail (it is not) woudl be a problem.
    But really, IMO, the 300BLK should be run subsonic with a can.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    I have my suppressor running under the Seekins MCSR rail on my 300BLK, and to be honest I have never felt the heat. Now granted, I run 90% (or better) subs which do not generate the heat as much, but if subs are the game then go for it. On the other hand, my can on my 5.56 SBR runs HOT. DAMN hot. I can see how it being under a rail (it is not) woudl be a problem.
    But really, IMO, the 300BLK should be run subsonic with a can.
    Straight from experience. No need to look any further.

I have never shot 300 BO super or sub suppressed or not... but I know 5.56 will burn the living shit out of you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Straight from experience. No need to look any further.

I have never shot 300 BO super or sub suppressed or not... but I know 5.56 will burn the living shit out of you.
    oh yeah... it does run hot. My Specwar556 has some really cool color change lines on it from the heat. I picked up a Cole-TAC suppressor cover directly because I burned myself pretty good by accident just putting the rifle down on the bench (don't let your guard down!!). I've toyed with the idea of cooking some bacon on mine. I even brought home a pair of older firefighting gloves that were past their date for work... and I could feel the heat if I held on too long.

My 300BLK setup (Specwar762) on the other hand is still all pretty and even colored. Hell, I bet I could unscrew it after I shot a couple of mags. But, once again... subs vs. supers, not too mention caliber difference... my .223 handloads take lots more powder than my 300BLK loads do, super-wise.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun