Downloads
    Uploads

Training classes

I'm looking around at finally getting some formal training on my rifle. I've been wanting to take some classes for a long time now just haven't gotten the chance to do it. To my knowledge there aren't a lot of options here in Oklahoma. Badlands tactical is one of the most recommended but they have nothing on the books this year for carbine training. I was wondering if anyone out there had some recommendations of any particular instructor for me to keep and eye out for coming to my "area". That being said I know most traveling instructors don't often stop in Oklahoma so I am willing to travel a bit. I know a lot of places seem to stop in Texas and I'm more than willing to drive to Texas. I know people like Travis Haley, frank proctor, Kyle defore and tactical response are making stops in Texas. I was also wondering if anyone had taken any classes with any of these people. Also let me just say, despite your personal thoughts or feelings about a particular instructor are *cough* Voodoo, I'd still like to hear it all. I don't have any thoughts about any one instructor that would prevent me from going to them for training because to me they all have something to offer me. Thanks in advance!
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Generally, instructors don't just stop in any particular location, they're invited, Usually by a gun club or local law enforcemement agencies. If you have a local shooting community and a good range you can rent, it would be worth investigating. Otherwise, I'd strongly recommend asking at any of your local guns shops, or joining one of the Oklahoma firearms forums such as
    • Oklahoma Shooters Association
    • Boomer Shooter
    • Oklahome Gun Forum (Firearms Talk)
    • Oklahoma Sport Shooting

That going to be a much more likely spot to get info on local firearms training.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good on you for wanting to get some training! Sorry I'm not in your area so I have no information to give. Hope you find something.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Good on you for wanting to get some training! Sorry I'm not in your area so I have no information to give. Hope you find something.
    Thank you sir! Like I said I'm willing to travel to some neighboring states if need be, just don't want to drive/fly to say California for training although it would be awesome if I could!

Downloads
    Uploads
    My friend got firearms safety training from Boston. He told me to get myself registered there. But since I was living in California with my parents at that time, I postponed my visit for another year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Boomer Shooter seems largely competition based, and is inflated with massive egos.

Take away the red dots and tank brakes on their open pistols and you'd think you'd just crippled them. I've shot against several of those personalities to know.

Seriously though, if we got some sort of training set up to take place at the Oklahoma City Gun Club, I'd so be on that.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler