Thread: BB Code Tables?

Downloads
    Uploads

BB Code Tables?

Is the option to post tables enabled for BB Code? I was hoping to post up a list of rail spec's I'd been compiling in Excel (Manufacturer/Model/Length/Weight)...figured it could be used as a reference list for anybody on the board.

Doing a quick search online, this appears to be available in vBulletin, however the tags don't appear to be working when I preview posts. The below is what I was thinking would be available...

Code:
    ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a good question, which I don't know the answer. This might be for newer versions of vBulletin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have a good answer, but was trying to think of a workaround. Excel won't let you save in a .jpeg but you can save as a .pdf, which could in turn be opened in PS and converted to a .jpeg. Then, the image file could be uploaded to a photo host and inserted here. Yes, a PITA.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys. Appreciate the help...I'll figure something out.

It appears the table functionality was added as a default in vBulletin 4.1.4. Running earlier versions require custom tags, or some form of add-on not provided by the vendor...the two I looked at I wouldn't recommend due to security concerns and compatibility issues if we move to a newer release.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I don't have a good answer, but was trying to think of a workaround. Excel won't let you save in a .jpeg but you can save as a .pdf, which could in turn be opened in PS and converted to a .jpeg. Then, the image file could be uploaded to a photo host and inserted here. Yes, a PITA.
    If we're going the .jpeg route, wouldn't it be easier to screenshot it? I know Mac's have a hotkey for it, and Windows has the Snipping Tool.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wound up exporting to a fixed width format text file(prn). For the post, I used the code tag to wrap up the list in order to preserve the spacing. Not really ideal, but I wanted the list to be something that members could copy and modify as needed.

Handguards 10-12in

Again, thanks for everyone's help. Trying to give back to the community that's helped me out so much!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I checked out your thread and I like. Thanks for posting and welcome aboard.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa