Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

BCM KMR *ALPHA* (KeyMod™ Free Float Handguard)

Due to the short supply of the alloy used in Bravo Company Manufacturing's KMR construction, BCM will now be offering the KMR Alpha. The KMR Alpha rail will offer many of the same great features and relative lightweight, but constructed in the more available aluminum.

The KMR Alpha will be available in 15", 13", 10", 9", and 7″ lengths. The KMR Alpha line weighs only slightly more than the magnesium alloy version of the KMR but at a significant savings on price. The new KMR Alphas are already listed on the BCM website but they are currently unavailable.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-K...15-556-blk.htm

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-K...13-556-blk.htm

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-K...10-556-blk.htm

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-K...a9-556-blk.htm

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-K...a7-556-blk.htm
    Last edited by GOST; 28 September 2015 at 04:56.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Smart move by BCM. Save $75 on the 15" at the expense of about 2 ounces. I suspect these will be well received. Almost as well received as M-LOK versions would be. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was wondering when these would finally be released. Like it's been mentioned, MLOK...MLOK version!

Hoping for a sub $100 dealer price.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Smart move by BCM. Save $75 on the 15" at the expense of about 2 ounces. I suspect these will be well received. Almost as well received as M-LOK versions would be. :)
    If they were M-LOK then they would be a MLR instead of a KMR. I doubt they would make a M-LOK version since it would probably hurt the sales of their Keymod accessories.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    If they were M-LOK then they would be a MLR instead of a KMR. I doubt they would make a M-LOK version since it would probably hurt the sales of their Keymod accessories.
    That and there is the whole Eric Kincel works for BCM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That and as many KMR's and NSR's floating around out there, and Magpul not making any Keymod products they've got a pretty good grip on the Keymod market.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    They look nice
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    sort of want...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Keymod rails look so much cooler than M-Lok rails............

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    Keymod rails look so much cooler than M-Lok rails............
    I've got 4 KM rails and even I don't agree with that

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now in stock: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-K...uard-s/184.htm

Special Introductory SALE Pricing !

KMR-A15, $199.95

KMR-A13, $189.95

KMR-A10, $179.95

KMR-A9, $176.95

KMR-A8, $171.95

KMR-A7, $171.95

And ALL KMR-A Handguards include a FREE BCM KeyMod Sling Mount! (a $20 retail value!)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the feel of the original KMR but had 2 reservations about it - the softness of the alloy and the design of the anti-rotation insert - and neither has been a real-world problem for me yet. The alpha's unspecified aluminum alloy (probably 6061) should help with both of those concerns.....while still being very price and weight competitive with other options like the new MI Gen 3.

I think BCM will sell a decent number of these if (and only if) accessory manufacturers continue to develop Keymod alongside all the new M-Lok bits they have in the works. But I have to say this is pretty clearly on my radar screen for a Blackout build I'm working up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    I like the feel of the original KMR but had 2 reservations about it - the softness of the alloy and the design of the anti-rotation insert - and neither has been a real-world problem for me yet. The alpha's unspecified aluminum alloy (probably 6061) should help with both of those concerns.....while still being very price and weight competitive with other options like the new MI Gen 3.

I think BCM will sell a decent number of these if (and only if) accessory manufacturers continue to develop Keymod alongside all the new M-Lok bits they have in the works. But I have to say this is pretty clearly on my radar screen for a Blackout build I'm working up.
    You pretty much nailed all the reservations I had with the KMR. I bought one when it first came out, and decided after installing and using it one range session itw as coming off.

I will more than likely buy a 7 and 10" version of this KMR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    BCM said on m4c that the alpha version is just slightly stronger, and of course the finish is more durable since it's hard coat anodized.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    BCM said on m4c that the alpha version is just slightly stronger, and of course the finish is more durable since it's hard coat anodized.
    Which is why I didn't like the original KMR. Hard Coat Anodizing!!