Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Yeah ill do that.

I also just remembered I mounted another optic (accupowet) in a bobro and I dont remember if I used loctite or not, haha, if thats it i owe you guys beers.
    I like IPA...

And Lord, don't get me started. I was testing some new reloads in my Glock34, trying to find a cheaper alternative subsonic bullet. My groups were all WAY low and all over side to side. I was about to hang up the test an djust buy the more expensive bullets when I checked - my front sight had worked loose and was all over the place. Duh! Tightened it, locktited it, and I'm good to go now with cheaper loads.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still have the gas in face issue....need to fix that

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe I'm weird but I never loctite scope rings/one piece mounts. Loctite acts like a lube on the threads and changes the actual tension generated for a specific torque value.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still have the gas in face issue....need to fix that
    I assume that means the accuracy problem was due to the scope mount?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I assume that means the accuracy problem was due to the scope mount?
    I gata get back out to the range.

Imma stick the MRO I got on it and see if it shoots more accurately.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Am I missing something? If the block is touching the hand guard it could affect accuracy. If it the clearance is tight enough that barrel whip causes the GB and hand guard to collide it could also degrade accuracy. How much trouble would it be to remove the HG , rest off of the magazine and see what happens??

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Am I missing something? If the block is touching the hand guard it could affect accuracy. If it the clearance is tight enough that barrel whip causes the GB and hand guard to collide it could also degrade accuracy. How much trouble would it be to remove the HG , rest off of the magazine and see what happens??
    Wouldn't be too much trouble.

Im just concerned this is an issue in the first place

Downloads
    Uploads
    Having the gas block touch the inside of the rail is no different than using non-free floated plastic handguards. As long as you're not slinging up you can still expect pretty darn good accuracy out to several hundred meters. I used to shoot high power as a teenager without a freefloated barrel, and as long as I dialed windage for the prone stages to account for the sling tension, I didn't have too many problems.

There's no way a 3" group at 25 yards is caused by the lack of a free floated barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Having the gas block touch the inside of the rail is no different than using non-free floated plastic handguards. As long as you're not slinging up you can still expect pretty darn good accuracy out to several hundred meters. I used to shoot high power as a teenager without a freefloated barrel, and as long as I dialed windage for the prone stages to account for the sling tension, I didn't have too many problems.

There's no way a 3" group at 25 yards is caused by the lack of a free floated barrel.
    This gun was slung at the time, used the sling for tension.

I'm still going to check the optic when I get a chance, havn't been able to do anything due to work being hectic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This gun was slung at the time, used the sling for tension.

I'm still going to check the optic when I get a chance, havn't been able to do anything due to work being hectic.
    In that case, if you weren't consistent in your sling tension from shot to shot, you could certainly have caused the spread. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    In that case, if you weren't consistent in your sling tension from shot to shot, you could certainly have caused the spread. :)
    You pissin on my tactical-ness ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Soooo....swapped to the MRO with a samson 3.5x Shot touching 10round shots (smaller than a dime) at 25y with the can on.

Also messed with the settings, no gas in my face.

woot woot

Trijicon accupower goes on my pws mk107 after I re-locltite it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sooooo

Update, I removed the rail and gas block to install an mk8 and geissele spg. You can totally see the strike marks on the rail and the gas block, I took photos which ill post later.

Emailed slr rifleworks, Todd responded saying if I am unhappy I can send it back, but no other information. Also said my site was confusing and that unless the barrel is perfectly straighy this may occur...?

Anyway, going to see what they are going to offer in terms of getting this issue worked out.

Ill keep yall updated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sooooo

Update, I removed the rail and gas block to install an mk8 and geissele spg. You can totally see the strike marks on the rail and the gas block, I took photos which ill post later.

Emailed slr rifleworks, Todd responded saying if I am unhappy I can send it back, but no other information. Also said my site was confusing and that unless the barrel is perfectly straighy this may occur...?

Anyway, going to see what they are going to offer in terms of getting this issue worked out.

Ill keep yall updated.
    Glad you got the accuracy issue worked out. But I'm sort of surprised that a gas block won't clear a rail from the same manufacturer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can totally see the strike marks on the rail and the gas block, I took photos which ill post later.
    I would be interested to see the pics.

What did you have attached to the rail? What was striking?