Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    Glad you got the accuracy issue worked out. But I'm sort of surprised that a gas block won't clear a rail from the same manufacturer.
    I had a DD low pro gas block and it didn't even remotely clear it so I decided to purchase a gas block directly from to make sure it had no such issues, unfortunately that wasnt the case.

Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I would be interested to see the pics.

What did you have attached to the rail? What was striking?
    I have photos that I may post later. I will do a whole review of the gas block and rail together before I ship them out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I had a DD low pro gas block and it didn't even remotely clear it so I decided to purchase a gas block directly from to make sure it had no such issues, unfortunately that wasnt the case.

I have photos that I may post later. I will do a whole review of the gas block and rail together before I ship them out.
    Yeah, the DD blocks are on the large side. Still surprises me that the Sentry won't clear an SLR rail. I wonder if any block clears without touching? I built up an 18" Noveske for a friend last year with a pinned Noveske block and an SLR Rifleworks rail. I don't recall that one having any issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, the DD blocks are on the large side. Still surprises me that the Sentry won't clear an SLR rail. I wonder if any block clears without touching? I built up an 18" Noveske for a friend last year with a pinned Noveske block and an SLR Rifleworks rail. I don't recall that one having any issues.
    The Geissele SGB doesnt clear either...

Downloads
    Uploads
    What receiver? Could thr barrel nut threads not be perpendicular with the face of it? Could it have been previously damaged? Sounds like an issue with the mounting point...
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    The Geissele SGB doesnt clear either...
    That one actually doesn't surprise me. It's a beefy GB.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That one actually doesn't surprise me.e. It's a beefy GB.
    But he said it's under a Geissele rail, so it should fit just fine. I use a SGB under a Mk 4 and if has plenty of clearance.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    But he said it's under a Geissele rail, so it should fit just fine. I use a SGB under a Mk 4 and if has plenty of clearance.
    It is now. I assumed he meant that it didn't clear the SLR rail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cmt upper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    What receiver? Could thr barrel nut threads not be perpendicular with the face of it? Could it have been previously damaged? Sounds like an issue with the mounting point...
    I've seen that before with URX rails. You can see the rail misalignment, if it exists, by eyeballing it from the muzzle. But it honestly just sounds like the internal diameter of the rail is small. I've run into the same issue with a Centurion CMR before. Skinny rail, skinny internal dims, needs a really slim GB to free float.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, the ID on the SLR rails is very small, just like an original CMR. Newer CMRs are opened up a bit. You almost have to use a gas block for a .625 journal (that isn't the same OD as a .750 gas block), or a shaved FSB. Badger also makes a very, very low profile gas block, smaller on the bottom than anything else I've seen.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Yes, the ID on the SLR rails is very small, just like an original CMR. Newer CMRs are opened up a bit. You almost have to use a gas block for a .625 journal (that isn't the same OD as a .750 gas block), or a shaved FSB. Badger also makes a very, very low profile gas block, smaller on the bottom than anything else I've seen.
    I had one of the original CMRs. Thanks for the info on the newer ones. Glad to know they opened it up a bit. I've always liked the CMR rails and the new mlok & keymod versions should be a big hit for them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a FYI, the CMMG micro's are the smallest gas blocks I have ever found. PRI makes a very compact one also but they are often very hard to find.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ballistic advantage makes a real low profile gas block as well. http://ballisticadvantage.com/750-lo-pro-gas-block.html
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not going to be putting it back together, and I'll be selling the slr rail and the gas block with a disclaimer attached. I'll actually be doing a write-up on the whole thing on my site before I do so - Now that I know of an issue I would consider myself at fault if others experience it when they could have been educated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How much you asking for the gas block?