Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Linnear Guest
    Thanks for ur suggestion, ive used 4 of them for a week and theyre dropping fine now. did you notice any difference with ur M PMAGS? i saw a FDE one in ur pic.
    Magpul had assured me they would RMA if they didnt wear in. knowing them they'd prolly just send me new ones. thsy have great customer service.

i've always thought ur pics were catalog quality, in fact i'd rather look at ur pics than most of the catalogs i get. i'm sure you know as soon as you accept money for ur work ur considered a "pro" LOL seriously tho.. very nice work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnear View Post
    Thanks for ur suggestion, ive used 4 of them for a week and theyre dropping fine now. did you notice any difference with ur M PMAGS? i saw a FDE one in ur pic.
    Magpul had assured me they would RMA if they didnt wear in. knowing them they'd prolly just send me new ones. thsy have great customer service.

i've always thought ur pics were catalog quality, in fact i'd rather look at ur pics than most of the catalogs i get. i'm sure you know as soon as you accept money for ur work ur considered a "pro" LOL seriously tho.. very nice work.

I just checked a few of my new ones, and they drop free without any problems out of 8 lowers, one needed a wiggle to drop free, and one needed a little pull, then slid right out.

I hope those aren't my catalog pictures that you aren't liking.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had 20 of the 30 round black Pmags on back order since the election. In checking with the vendor there are about 100 orders still ahead of me waiting to be filled. Do you think mine will be the new M style when I finally receive them? I sure hope so... it would make the waiting worth while.

Jedimac Guest
    with all the changes on the new m-pmag is the body of the mag still just as durable as the original or has it as well been strenghtened in some way? I've read the some ppl were having trouble with the older pmags and some newer date codes splitting when they have been dropped through tac exercises, myself have not experienced these problems with the older ones, and I don't own any of the new m-pmags yet. Just wondering.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've seen PMAGs crack, but these were issues which would have dented the feedlips on USGI mags as well. Typically I've seen it when guys are doing speed reloads on concrete, and ripping out partially full mags.

The new PMAGs are supposed to be a little stronger, and address the above, but lets not think that they are a creation that cant' be destroyed. They are highly durable, but mags are still a disposable item, or at least thats what they were intended to be.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just an FYI everyone. I received four Foliage green PMAGs I had on backorder at Brownell's today. I just ordered a few more too! They have the Foliage green ones listed as "In Stock" right now. These are the old version, not the new ones that are supposed to be out this year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    ... mags are still a disposable item, or at least thats what they were intended to be.
    A valid point, and perhaps the single most relevant reason why having a half-dozen mags in your kit bag isn't really insurance over the long haul. I'm more of the mind that 20(+) magazines -- USGI or otherwise -- per rifle is a pretty reasonable baseline.

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    A valid point, and perhaps the single most relevant reason why having a half-dozen mags in your kit bag isn't really insurance over the long haul. I'm more of the mind that 20(+) magazines -- USGI or otherwise -- per rifle is a pretty reasonable baseline.

AC
    I 100% agree.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope the new design is more durable in the extreme cold (-40). That is the only time I know of P Mags failing.
    Pat
    Colt M16/AR15/ 1911 & Glock Armorer.
    Certified Firearms Instructor & Urban Rifle Instructor.
    Completed SWAT Entry Team and SWAT Sniper courses.
    NRA Endowment Member
    IDPA Expert level shooter in CDP, ESP and SSP. USPSA B class

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I hope the new design is more durable in the extreme cold (-40). That is the only time I know of P Mags failing.
    Pat
    Buuuurrrrrr the only time im happy for the Phoenix summers is when i hear stuff like that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    don't know if this is the right place to put it or if a seperate thread would be better but OberlandArms has released the info that they're going to produce the GMAG.
    a GMAG will be a windowed PMAG, 30 and 20 rounds, colors blk,fde and OD and made in Germany. Pricing will be around 20€.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats very interesting, and opens a couple doors. When did this info go public?

Downloads
    Uploads
    went public saturday during IWA.
    over at ar15.com "magpul" wrote :

The GMag was reversed engineered from the PMag by Oberland. Due to ITAR we could not help them in development in anyway so we cannot vouch for materials or build quaility.

The GMag will not be imported into the US but will be an option for those in Europe through Oberland.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had some previous contact with Frank Satzinger (Oberland's owner) here in Germany, and will be watching for these.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was aware of some info, but was unaware of this being public, or of the complete story. Very interesting, and thankyou for sharing this.