Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Polymer 80 Spectre Glock Compatible Frame

I recently discovered a new "0% Glock" Glock frame that will be hitting the market soon.

It is an "80%" receiver being manufactured by Polymer 80, who has recently announced a partnership with Rainier Arms and the product is currently offered for pre-sale on both sites.
    The frame will require milling by the end user to complete and is not considered a "firearm"
    It comes with the frame, bits, jig, and locking block. It is compatible with Glock17 Gen3 3-pin parts kit and upper receiver.

MSRP: $179.99
    Pre-release price: $135.99

Rainier Apex members will naturally want to purchase through rainier for their discounts.
    I dont usually like pre-order deals, but I'm relatively sure I'd be buying this one way or another, so I went ahead and ordered one in advance of the release.
    I didn't buy it because it will have no serial number or be "untraceable", I got it because I am passionate about custom polymer pistols and I want to see what I can produce with it.
    I like the grip angle and the beavertail features of this frame and I plan to build it as a 9mm.
    This isn't the stupid expensive Glock build I mentioned on another thread, but if this project creates a reliable firearm, I will probably turn it into a showpiece/personalized target pistol.

I do plan to post a review of the product and the work required to complete it once I receive it and complete the milling process.

http://www.polymer80.com/80-Pistol-Frame_ep_60.html
    https://www.rainierarms.com/polymer8...rame-pre-order

Photos and press release below:

PRESS RELEASE

Downloads
    Uploads
    I seen these the other day on Facebook or something..interesting looking ....ill be following to see how these are/turn out

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sort of want

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a little tempted to turn this into a .357 Sig build. I mean, if I'm going for a fully custom target pistol, I don't see why I shouldn't have fun with it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see some crazy stippling projects for BC on this frame.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I see some crazy stippling projects for BC on this frame.
    That's ALL I saw when I found this thing. Nothing says custom like starting from a paperweight and building up from there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I do plan to finish all the milling, assembly and function testing before modifying the frame.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For anyone interested, the release date has been pushed back. Which is no surprise, as the pre orders are essentially funding development.

Name:  Poly2.jpg
Views: 4593
Size:  137.8 KBName:  Poly3.jpg
Views: 4404
Size:  161.9 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmm. Neat.

... although I still think it's pretty fugly ...

I wonder if 80% receivers/lowers are going to be the new thing. I could definitely see a lot of potential surrounding it.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Hmmm. Neat.

... although I still think it's pretty fugly ...

I wonder if 80% receivers/lowers are going to be the new thing. I could definitely see a lot of potential surrounding it.
    The update seems to indicate that the aesthetics will change a little bit before release, but I dont think that will necessarily make it more attractive. But, when i get my hands on it, the aesthetics and ergonomics will get a heck of a lot better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    But, when i get my hands on it, the aesthetics and ergonomics will get a heck of a lot better.
    Now that, I will 100% agree. That might be the only reason (aesthetically) that would make me want to buy one
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks kinda neat, but that squarish grip has me thinking it'll be just another blocky feeling Glock wannabe. Please post your learnin's with this project; I too would be interested in a moderately twerked Cock Glock! And I mean that in the most brotherly, hetero way possible! :D
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know the more I think about this... an 80% frame idea is cool, but then you need a slide. Glock doesn't sell just the slide, and aftermarket slides are expensive. In fact usually as expensive as a whole new complete Glock. Guys that don't qualify for blue label Glocks could go buy an LE trade in for less.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll certainly be posting updates on the build process and subsequent customization. The last update has shipping dates mid-late this month.
    I figure I'll mill it before I try any other frame mods to ensure that the jig fits snugly. Plus, if I eff it up there wouldn't be much point in putting in ~30 hours of customization anyway.

Honestly, I haven't factored any cost into my decision to buy and build this frame. That decision was born out of a desire to build a custom Glock from the ground up. Though I don't expect to dump $3k into another handgun quite yet.

Downloads
    Uploads

Polymer 80 Spectre Glock Compatible Frame

The frame just landed!
    Here's unboxing and first impressions

A couple things I noticed immediately are that the jig is super snug. You can pop the frame into just one side of the jig and it will stay together.

The frame is also pretty clean. There is minimal mold scarring. And the polymer is a higher composite than Glock, but somewhere lower than Sig.

I've already noticed several changes that I will be making once the frame is completed. As you can see in the above pictures the backstrap and trigger guard are pretty angular and a little sharp. Those will be contoured for sure.

The walls are nice and thick so there is plenty of room for grip mods, and once I remove the backstrap ridges and front grooves it should reduce the profile by almost 1/4". Which will be more to my liking.

Not quite sure how I feel about the magwell. That may or may not get modified, reduced, or removed.
    As is, a Magpul GL9 mag sits just a hair longer than flush.

I'm not sure when I will have time to get this project done, but I'll post updates as it progresses.