Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: glock talk..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea I love it. I actually shoot it a little better then the 26 but I got medium to small hands.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshAston View Post
    To be fair, the Zev was a little lighter feeling. But it wouldn't reset without an 8lb trigger spring. It also fired on release, so it wasn't exactly safe. The SSVI is smooth, light, as crisp as I've seen a Glock, reset is short. I'm running Zev internals on the slide, a Glock - connector, and standard trigger spring.
    Placed my order for the tyr trigger today. So now just gotta wait for the backorder to be fulfilled

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks fellas.

Got a Glock - connector and put that in with a Zev extra power trigger spring.Also a quick "flitz" polish and back together. Feels a little better in the pre travel, the break is cleaner and a little lighter..maybe a hair..It still bugs me..lol...Miss my old apex'd m&p's...

The Apex setup is on the list IF i keep this thing..I'll shoot it some and go from there, looking for a good kydex holster still....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got my ssvi trigger I'll be shooting it this weekend. And compare it to my factory trigger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by steveptr View Post
    Just got my ssvi trigger I'll be shooting it this weekend. And compare it to my factory trigger

Look forward to hearing what you think of it.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    So far I'm really excited about this trigger. It's clean crisp shorter feeling reset still very tactile feeling. Can't wait to get 500 to 1000 rounds through with it on and make some more observations. So far I'm impressed. I'll have to meet up with others and try some other after market triggers to get a really

Downloads
    Uploads

glock talk..

Downloads
    Uploads
    All my Glocks (Gen 2 and Gen 3) have bone stock factory triggers (standard 5# connector and trigger spring) with two exceptions: 1.) My Glock 19s have had the serrated triggers replaced with the smooth faced Glock factory triggers from the G17 (which doesn't change the pull or break, just gets rid of the annoying-to-me serrated trigger face) and 2.) My G42 (which out of the box had the worst trigger pull of any Glock i've ever fired) has a Ghost 3.5# connector. Call me crazy, but i actually like the Gen 2 and Gen 3 Glock triggers. Once you put some rounds through them, they break in and smooth out really nice i've found.

I played around with the minus connector and various trigger spring combinations for a while, and found the minus connector felt best to me with an NY1 trigger spring. I don't have a trigger pull gauge, but my calibrated Mk 1 Trigger Finger thought that combination felt ever so slightly heavier than the well broken-in stock trigger parts they replaced, but had a very smooth, linear take-up with a rolling break. I actually liked it quite a bit, but factory minus connectors were vaporware at the time so i put it back to stock to keep all my Glock triggers the same.

As for the Gen 4 guns, i've read that Glock revised the trigger bar geometry compared to the Gen 3 guns, and also include a "dot" connector with them (supposedly something between the standard and minus connectors). I've only dry fired a Gen 4 gun, and didn't care for the trigger. By all accounts, replacing the trigger bar in a Gen 4 gun with the Gen 3 trigger bar, and the dot connector with the standard connector will bring the trigger back to the familiar feel of the earlier generation guns. I've been considering a Gen 4 G19 as a suppressor host, and i've got spare trigger parts ready to install.

My only real complaint with factory Glock triggers is the little trigger safety nub can irritate my trigger finger when i'm not shooting with gloves. The Apex trigger looks like a nice fix, and i may try one out. Only problem would be if i liked it, i'd have to buy four more. Which sucks, because at almost $100 a piece, that's one fifth the price of the gun. Add in the cost of decent sights, and the budget Glock is now in Sig and HK territory, price wise. Which is crazy to me, because it's a Glock lol.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    As for the Gen 4 guns, i've read that Glock revised the trigger bar geometry compared to the Gen 3 guns, and also include a "dot" connector with them (supposedly something between the standard and minus connectors). I've only dry fired a Gen 4 gun, and didn't care for the trigger. By all accounts, replacing the trigger bar in a Gen 4 gun with the Gen 3 trigger bar, and the dot connector with the standard connector will bring the trigger back to the familiar feel of the earlier generation guns. I've been considering a Gen 4 G19 as a suppressor host, and i've got spare trigger parts ready to install.
    Admittedly with only two data points, I've found not all the Gen 4 triggers are the same. My G17 has obviously broken in some with just under 3,000 rounds through it, but even new, I found the trigger to be more smooth than my G19G4. Now with 617 rounds through the G19, its trigger is still "more stiffer" than my G17. Hopefully it will continue to wear some, but I have a feeling that gun will just need a little more trigger pull.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't like my stock trigger in my gen 4 17...tried some zev springs and a polish job..little better....ordered a gem 3 trigger and minus connector to try next..

Would like to try an apex or something

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glock armorers are fanatical about not modifying Glocks. For years, I ignored them, and having tried everything in the book, I've had enough failures to (almost) agree with them. Hard core mods should be for comp/fun guns only, not SD. There's always a but, though, and this is what I've found that greatly improves the stock trigger without making it failure prone.

1. Get the dremel and felt out and do the polish job. YouTube must have 500 video's on how to do this. I use a little Flitz and a small felt wheel.

2. Get a quality 3.5 connector. Unless you are really good with a small diamond file, stay away from the Ghost and others that you have to set the angle yourself with. Also, polish the connector, I do this even if it looks "mirror" smooth.

3. 3 and 4lb. striker springs are too light for SD, you risk light primer strikes, and I've experienced this myself. 6lb. is stock and too much. You have to google this, because it doesn't show up on their websites, but get your hand on a few 5lb. springs. Believe it or not, the extra 1lb. makes a big difference in feel. Buy extra's, they are cheap but hard to come by sometimes.

4. Change the stock 3lb. trigger spring for a 4lb. trigger spring. Trust me, it works.

5. Do not use the Titanium trigger safety on a Carry gun. I've seen several of these fail, at least 3. They make little or no difference unless you're installing a total comp trigger kit. Polish the stock one that came with your gun.

I do not use any of the commercially available trigger stops. I've had two or three break over the years. Or the set (adjustment) screw back out, or the whole unit crack. I would never, ever trust my life to one, although they do make a nice trigger, I feel these should ONLY be competition additions.

All of this gives you a much nicer, smoother and lighter trigger with a crisper break, not a highly modified comp trigger with a very short pull, light and crisp with a instant stop with minimal overtravel, but it will give you a much improved trigger that, if you do this and as you get into the project, will instill confidence that the gun goes bang when the bad guy makes it mandatory.

I'm sure many, many others have their own ideas. My combo comes from several years of trying about everything to achieve a "1911" and reliable trigger, and failing often, or witnessing others guns failing. Coincidently, I have a new in box gen3 G19, and the parts listed above sitting on my work bench, waiting to get my act together and get this project done. It takes 1 to 2 hours, depending on your skill level. If you have 10 thumbs, get a buddy to help you. You'll learn how easy Glocks are to work on. Good luck.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 27 December 2015 at 16:28.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    My Glocks get night sights, extra mags and a cheap holster. I'm perfectly happy with the stock trigger. To me a Glock is a tool and should be treated as such. To each his own ...

PS Get off my lawn!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Thanks fellas.

Got a Glock - connector and put that in with a Zev extra power trigger spring.Also a quick "flitz" polish and back together. Feels a little better in the pre travel, the break is cleaner and a little lighter..maybe a hair..It still bugs me..lol...Miss my old apex'd m&p's...

The Apex setup is on the list IF i keep this thing..I'll shoot it some and go from there, looking for a good kydex holster still....
    I have an Apex FSS in my .45 and .40. Just got a new 9mm FS, and while the trigger really isn't that bad, as compared to what the triggers were like in my FS .45 and 40's. Still going to order a kit for the 9mm though. I don't think anyone can match the feel and performance of these (FSS) triggers in any "plastic" gun, and still be reliable enough for SD carry. Absolutely love them.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Admittedly with only two data points, I've found not all the Gen 4 triggers are the same. My G17 has obviously broken in some with just under 3,000 rounds through it, but even new, I found the trigger to be more smooth than my G19G4. Now with 617 rounds through the G19, its trigger is still "more stiffer" than my G17. Hopefully it will continue to wear some, but I have a feeling that gun will just need a little more trigger pull.
    I don't necessarily think the factory Gen 4 trigger is a bad trigger. It's just different enough that i prefer the feel of the Gen 2/3 triggers. I love the factory beavertail backstrap on the Gen 4 guns (i hate slide bite), so i want to get one. And when i do, it'll get Gen 3 trigger parts. My experience with Glock triggers is much the same as yours: a few thousand rounds of break in does wonders to smooth things out and get everything broken in.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    I don't like my stock trigger in my gen 4 17...tried some zev springs and a polish job..little better....ordered a gem 3 trigger and minus connector to try next..

Would like to try an apex or something
    I don't mess with springs in Glocks, especially striker springs, unless it's a Glock spring (such as the NY1 trigger spring). Since you've got a Gen 3 trigger bar coming, i'd get a standard connector to try with it in conjunction with the standard trigger spring. I'd also suggest getting a NY1 trigger spring to try with the minus connector and Gen 3 trigger bar. The NY1 spring and standard connector is stupid heavy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ