Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: glock talk..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tried a minus connector and gen 3 bar with a polish.. Feels better then the stock setup, just changed the stock gem 4 trigger spring for the zev spring little better but still bugs me.

No one here playing with the apex glock trigger? Got a little x-mas money burning a whole in my pocket.. lol... And really liked my my apex m&p triggers..

I'm on the fence about one and picking up a trigger guage and playing around and getting some info.. On what is doing what with different springs, connectors and stock and Apex trigger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought about an Apex for a minute, but for the $20 and some polish time, the Ghost ultimate will be fine for me in the short term. I need to reserve funds to finish my AR pistol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really want to try an Apex trigger. But damn, $100 for Glock trigger? I mean, it's a Glock! It chaps my ass having to lay out cash for sights that don't suck when I buy a Glock lol. If I break down and order an Apex trigger, I'll be sure and post my thoughts on it here.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^^I've had the very same thoughts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    I really want to try an Apex trigger. But damn, $100 for Glock trigger? I mean, it's a Glock! It chaps my ass having to lay out cash for sights that don't suck when I buy a Glock lol. If I break down and order an Apex trigger, I'll be sure and post my thoughts on it here.
    I'm building a stupid expensive Glock project gun (I'm already $600+ in on aftermarket parts before paying for custom milling or a trigger) and I've waffled on which trigger to go with for it. The recent C&D debacle with S&W pretty much sealed the deal on the Apex trigger for the build.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    I'm building a stupid expensive Glock project gun (I'm already $600+ in on aftermarket parts before paying for custom milling or a trigger) and I've waffled on which trigger to go with for it. The recent C&D debacle with S&W pretty much sealed the deal on the Apex trigger for the build.
    Be sure to share that beast when complete. I'm certainly interested.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    Yowza!!! That's gonna be one hell of a Glock! Apex makes some quality stuff. I'm sure their Glock trigger will be no exception. As for S&W, it sounds like they got a bad case of butthurt because the stock triggers in their semi-auto guns suck and no one can stand them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Impulse buy today.......bought a Vickers Tactical G17. I just couldn't walk away from it....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol...

I was the other way , had the Apex trigger in my cart..but chickened out... Lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone else playing around with the apex trigger yet?

Thoughts?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oooook.

Yesterday I received a Glock Kraft D.A.T. V2 trigger. Now, according to reviews and other internet here say it's supposed to be better than the Agency trigger, the Apex, and the Tyr.

Today I emailed them about returning it.

Yes, it had less pretravel, and an almost indiscernible amount less of over travel. It didn't seem to break a whole hell of a lot cleaner. Overall it just didn't seem that radically different from OEM other than having a wide flat face, and it was REALLY wide. Here's the thing, pretravel doesn't bother me. Over travel bugs the $h!t out of me. I've got a Ghost 3.5 Rocket coming which should take care of that.

Am I missing something here? Little to nothing about the trigger made me think I should be able to shoot it much better than an OEM.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok...

Been swapping parts in my gen 4 17 , and still am not happy seems worse this go around..

Full polish job...didn't notice much
    ..then...swapped in lone wolf connector and zev 6lb trigger spring...ehhh Allright
    Then " - " connector , polish job and same spring .. Better then before

Last run and feels worse and um even shooting worse

Repolish, "-" connector , zev 6lb spring and swapped out the gen 4 trigger bar for a gen 3 bar..seems more mushy then ever with this

Ideas?
    Apex trigger in the flick is an idea but have heard mixed reviews.
    Throw the stock trigger spring in is one ..but damnit..need to do something before I trade it for a M&P with a apex..loved that setup

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Ok...

Been swapping parts in my gen 4 17 , and still am not happy seems worse this go around..

Full polish job...didn't notice much
    ..then...swapped in lone wolf connector and zev 6lb trigger spring...ehhh Allright
    Then " - " connector , polish job and same spring .. Better then before

Last run and feels worse and um even shooting worse

Repolish, "-" connector , zev 6lb spring and swapped out the gen 4 trigger bar for a gen 3 bar..seems more mushy then ever with this

Ideas?
    Apex trigger in the flick is an idea but have heard mixed reviews.
    Throw the stock trigger spring in is one ..but damnit..need to do something before I trade it for a M&P with a apex..loved that setup
    I liked the Glock NY1 trigger spring (8# i think) best with the "-" connector.

Ultimately, all my Glocks wound up with completely box stock triggers: standard trigger spring, the standard 5# (unmarked) connector, and gen 3 trigger bars (with the exception of my lone gen 2).

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info , don't have any Ny springs around, thru back in the stock trigger spring, with the zev it felt more mushy..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Thanks for the info , don't have any Ny springs around, thru back in the stock trigger spring, with the zev it felt more mushy..
    I might have a spare. Let me dig around in my parts bin this weekend and see what i can find.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ