Downloads
    Uploads

FrogLube Extreme CLP

FrogLube Extreme was designed to compete for the government’s environmental spec. Among the many tests, one in particular was cold temperature pourable performance. Testing produced a -44˚F result. The FrogLube Extreme™ name was coined during the testing when it was discovered that it performs in extremely cold -40˚s and all the way up above +125˚F, extremely hot. Extreme temperatures do not phase this lube.

In the M4 Tech Manual, TM 9-1005-319-23&P, it says you must remove your lube if you expect to encounter freezing temps; and replace it with an arctic lube*. What’s an arctic lube? They are rare and hard to find. What happens when your conditions transition between freezing and temperate? In their testing area, the temperature can change 50-60˚ in a 24 hr cycle. It was found that FrogLube Extreme easily transitions between freezing and hot. YOU NOW DON’T HAVE TO REMOVE YOUR LUBE IN A HOT TO COLD TRANSITION AND VICE VERSA. This is a “game changer” result.

FrogLube Extreme is the same formula we’ve all come to know and love but with additives which proved to make it much more forgiving in cold temperatures. FrogLube Extrememeets all the common standards for FrogLube products;

– Food Grade ingredients
    – Non-toxic
    – Non-petroleum base
    – Non-flammable
    – No HAZMAT disposal

Plus, here’s some additional benefits they discovered;

– works better in ‘tight action’ type firearms such as AR, M-1911, etc.
    – micronizes fouling and minimizes size of fouling particles
    – pourable to -44˚F
    – leaves no residue

It works the same as current FrogLube CLP products. It ‘absorbs’ into the firearm and the excess can be wiped off to run in a dry/slick manner. It responds to heat build-up by seeping up to the metal surface to perform lubrication where it is needed. To install it, use the exact same procedures as the current instructions call for. Simply treat it as the ‘liquid’ CLP version and all is THE SAME.

Because of the additive measures, FrogLube Extreme will be slightly more expensive than FrogLube’s current liquid CLP, but will remain within 10-20% of that pricing, AND WELL WORTH IT if where you live ever gets to freezing or below.

FrogLube Extreme will be available for purchase very soon from the usual retailers such as www.RainierArms.com as well as on www.FrogLube.com.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder if it has the same issue with getting sticky/tacky when it sits for a time. The regular stuff did that on my when sitting on a spare BCG for storage... 9 months or so?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    I wonder if it has the same issue with getting sticky/tacky when it sits for a time. The regular stuff did that on my when sitting on a spare BCG for storage... 9 months or so?
    I think pretty much anything will get sticky after a long enough time sitting idle. The lighter elements evaporate off and there can be a natural breakdown over time. If you pour a bottle of motor oil into a thin layer in a pan and let it sit in the open air for 9 months I am pretty sure on a certain level it's just gonna happen.

That said I don't use froglube but I have tried several (more traditional) things and none of them are flawless in this regard.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it more delicious than FireCrisco?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess this means Froglube is finally admitting their standard lube is garbage in cold weather. Funny how they denied any issues with cold weather performance when I contacted them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I guess this means Froglube is finally admitting their standard lube is garbage in cold weather. Funny how they denied any issues with cold weather performance when I contacted them.
    I put a tube of standard Froglube and the new Extreme Froglube into the freezer. The standard tube is frozen solid, the extreme is still in liquid form. At least they made an effort to correct the issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to know. I actually liked the FL until it froze a shotgun up on me. I am not against giving this a try. More disappointed by how they reacted to my concern than anything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Good to know. I actually liked the FL until it froze a shotgun up on me. I am not against giving this a try. More disappointed by how they reacted to my concern than anything.
    I hear you. Chris Tran and I were talking about this same thing. It doesn't get super cold in the PNW, but this could be an issue, especially for guys who aren't cleaning all of their weapons on a regular schedule.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I think pretty much anything will get sticky after a long enough time sitting idle. The lighter elements evaporate off and there can be a natural breakdown over time. If you pour a bottle of motor oil into a thin layer in a pan and let it sit in the open air for 9 months I am pretty sure on a certain level it's just gonna happen.

That said I don't use froglube but I have tried several (more traditional) things and none of them are flawless in this regard.
    Maybe so, but I vacuum sealed it with a commercial sealer that gets 99.9% of the air out... no way to evaporate out. That, and I did it with Fireclean the same way after I noticed it and it has not done the same, and we're going on 6 months. Between this issue and the winter gumminess is why I switched to Fireclean. I may have to try the Extreme tho as I did like the original.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun