Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Magpul Dynamics Sling

Just wondering when it the actual release date?

Is it only going to be offer in a hook? I've been moving to a push button platform.

Also has anyone tried putting it to it's paces?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure Stick has or will be putting one through its paces. I don't care for all the metal. It looks like a step backward with all the metal because it has got to have rattle and rattle calls for tape. JMO.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually prefer the MS2's hook concept (which ought to be fairly familiar to anyone who has handled an MP-5), though it would obviously make no sense to render it in anything but metal. The ASAP/MS2 combination won't be for everyone, of course, but I definitely intend to put it through its paces. It has worked well in other applications, so I don't see why it wouldn't be particularly well-suited to the M4.

Fortunately, we've got more sling options these days than we really know what to do with, so the odds of finding just the right solution are definitely in the shooter's favor. That's a good thing, no matter which setup one happens to prefer.

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's nothing wrong with the HK style hooks but the metal seems a little bulky. I would think that a Magpul sling would have polymer attachments which would be much quieter.

I already have my choice of sling in Gear Sector slings.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't think about that, but I agree.. metal is a bit noisy. I use rubberbands to cushion out the rattling of hook connections that I've used in the past for slings for both camera's and rifles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I follow the logic on polymer attachment points (we are, after all, talking about Magpul), but I'm not sure that there is a polymer made that I would trust for weapons retention. I've had metal clips let go on me, and plastics don't exactly instill a lot of confidence in load bearing applications.

The metal to metal thing can be greatly mitigated by rubberized coatings and/or various work arounds (i.e. tape), but if stealth is a primary concern, then I suppose there are more attractive alternatives. Not really an issue for my purposes.

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    MagPul has added them to their site for ordering!

Downloads
    Uploads
    ASAP sling mount plates and the Magpul slings are both up on the website.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I totally forgot about that other part.. now it makes sense on the design.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    ASAP sling mount plates and the Magpul slings are both up on the website.

Thanks for the heads up! Order placed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let's talk for a moment about ASAP/stock compatability. Obviously, the ASAP isn't going to work with a UBR because of the mounting configuration and proprietary receiver extension, but it seems like most conventional collapsible stocks (standard, CTR/MOE, Modstock/EMod, SOPMOD) will work.

What about the new ACS? On the face of it, this wouldn't seem to present any problems, but the forward end of the ACS has a larger/longer "face" than most, and this could potentially interfere with the ASAP if the stock were in a closed or nearly closed position. Has anyone had a chance to see or test this particular configuration?

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post

What about the new ACS? On the face of it, this wouldn't seem to present any problems, but the forward end of the ACS has a larger/longer "face" than most, and this could potentially interfere with the ASAP if the stock were in a closed or nearly closed position. Has anyone had a chance to see or test this particular configuration?

AC

Yes I have, and no, its no problem. Its also worth noting that the ASAP works with a variety of slings, not just the Magpul MS-2.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have to agree with Army Chief. A plastic or polymer attachment does not instill confidence with a weapon hanging from it! I have used HK style hooks on our HK MP5's and our HK UMP's and cannot remember a time when I thought they were too loud. Metal on metal is a tough combo to beat. If Magpul was somehow able to produce some type of polymer over molded metal might be interesting but I'm sure they explored several options before coming up with this particular design platform. I trust that Magpul will give us first rate gear..they always do!
    Adversity introduces us to ourselves

Facebook: Loess Hills Tactical

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gear Sector uses ITW polymer attachments, and I have jumped up and down on them in full tac gear with the sling supporting all my weight. Nothing wrong with the proper polymer in the correct applications.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Gear Sector uses ITW polymer attachments, and I have jumped up and down on them in full tac gear with the sling supporting all my weight. Nothing wrong with the proper polymer in the correct applications.
    You must have had a interesting day to decide to test that.