Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Warwick Arms Rails (Good to Go)

I was in my local gun store the other day and they had some new products in stock including some handguards from Warwick Arms. Turns out this is a local company in my county (Lancaster Co, Pennsylvania) that machines their own parts. They apparently make a lot of factory parts for Sig Sauer. The rails looked really nice and the price was really attractive as well. I ended up getting a 13" length keymod rail for $140.

The design is unique and it is competitive in the weight department. It may weigh a 2-3 ounces more than some other similar handguards, however, it more than makes up for it with how rigid it is. I just mounted it my new rifle and all I can say is that it is rock solid with no flex. This seems to be due to the fact that the rail is thicker than some competitors. The barrel nut goes on with a standard wrench (forget the wrench size) and does not need to be timed. Anodizing is excellent all the way around.

I liked the handguard so much that after I finished my build today I got another one for a future build. I picked up a 15" M-lok rail. It is pretty much exactly the same as the keymod, however, the M-lock runs about $10-20 cheaper than the keymod length per length. The only reason I got the M-lok is because I have yet to try out the M-lok so this is my experiment with it.

All I can say is that you really need to give these a look if you are in the market for a free float handguard. I am seriously impressed with the quality of the product. I am not even going to add, "for the price." It is an excellent rail, no matter the cost. It would be a good option at double the price. The only improvement that I would recommend for these rails is to have a built in QD socket as this is my preferred sling attachment. The problem is easily solved, however, with a keymod or MLOK QD attachment.

Prices on their website are slightly higher than I found in the store so if you look around you might find a deal.

Warwick Arms

Here are some pics comparing the keymod to the M-lok...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Besides for a few machining differences it looks strikingly like an SLR

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't take offense to this, because of my lack of better terms...

But, have you actually used these handguards other than finger fucking them?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmmmm

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Don't take offense to this, because of my lack of better terms...

But, have you actually used these handguards other than finger fucking them?
    Like actually shooting it. Nope.

No seriously. I just put this stuff together and don't use it. Of course I have taken it out to the range and I can say that this rail is rock solid. I have used some rails in the past that have had some serious flex (MI SS series and Diamondhead) but this is just solid.

But yeah, for your lack of a better term, they are very ergonomic as well. There are no sharp edges and it easy to get a comfortable grip no matter how you prefer to grip them.

Am I a tier 1 operator? Nope. More like couch commando. But I know what I like and I know what works for me. I have always tried to use different rails in the past to find something I like. I like the Seekins MCSR keymod. I like the Fortis rails. I don't like MI and I don't like diamondhead.

For me, however, this will be a go to for me in the future. The combination of price, function, comfort, looks, and availability work for me.

I am not going to be hunting terrorist in Syria anytime soon, but if I were, I wouldn't hesitate to take one of these with me on my rifle.
    Last edited by rxer311; 30 September 2015 at 16:54.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    I have used some rails in the past that have had some serious flex (MI SS series and Diamondhead) but this is just solid.
    Am I a tier 1 operator? Nope. More like couch commando. I don't like MI and I don't like diamondhead.
    Are you sure your last name isn't Warwick?
    I can't speak for Diamondhead since I've never used their products, but I have never experienced this serious flex you speak of on the MI SS series.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't realize this place was getting to be like AR15.com

Seriously calling me out as a shill?

Just a guy who found something he likes and wanted to share it with the community. I'll just keep it to myself next time. Most of the time you all have been helpful, but this is seriously just WTF?

Since you are a Mod, just please close the thread instead of bashing me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just a guy who found something he likes and wanted to share it with the community. I'll just keep it to myself next time. Most of the time you all have been helpful, but this is seriously just WTF?

No one is shilling you. There are a lot of great rails on the market, MI being one of them. I've never heard of the issue you had either, not saying you didn't but it's not the norm. It's a nice rail and being a local company I'm sure it means a lot more to you than some of us.

Having said that you gotta bring something innovative to the table to stand out in today's market, that just isn't it....

Downloads
    Uploads

No one is bashing you. You said you didn't like MI, and concluded this was a better product. People responded. Even mods can have an opinion

Downloads
    Uploads
    No one is bashing you. I actually wanted to know if you had shot it vs. just fondling it. I know voodoo man hates when Travis Haley makes those hand videos...

My inquiry was of genuine curiosity. Carry on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know that weapon evolution backward spell AR15.COM.
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    No one is bashing you. I actually wanted to know if you had shot it vs. just fondling it. I know voodoo man hates when Travis Haley makes those hand videos...

My inquiry was of genuine curiosity. Carry on.
    Sorry my frustration was not directed at you. I only wanted to respond sarcastically to be funny. I am sure that got lost in the translation of the internet. Just kinda ticked me off that Gost accused me of being a shill (my post count may not be high but I have been a member here for over 2 years). Thats not cool.

There are many rails out there today. You could probably choose from 100. I have used and tried quite a few. I simply wanted to get this out there because I found this particular rail to be a great combination of cost and functionality. I think everybody has an opinion on what they like and that is totally okay. With these guys being local to me, I thought I would give them a favorable but honest review. Like I said, I think they could improve the design with something like an integrated QD socket mount but I think it is an overall solid product. I don't think you are going to do better for a sub $150 rail unless you are getting something at a super closeout sale. You could definitely do much worse. I could easily spend more than $200 on one of these and still be happy.

I did say that my MI rail had flex. I didn't say that it was overly flexing to the point of being unusable, but was comparing the 2 products and saying that the Warwick rail feels more solid

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's GOST being funny. It was all lost in translation. I read it as he did and that you deemed it unusable bc of the flex. Apparently not the case

Downloads
    Uploads
    Two man enter one Gost live. J/k. J/k
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Liking that MLOK a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk