Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

BA .625 Hanson Barrels

We've been teasing this for a couple of weeks and we're happy to finally announce them! Our BA Hanson .625 Pencil Barrels are now available. Intro pricing available for a limited time!

http://ballisticadvantage.com/shop/hanson-series.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw that ON IG
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea I think I want one! Just because lol. I love my 17.7 Hanson!

Downloads
    Uploads
    On top of Ballastic Advantage being incredible barrels for the price, Kyle is a true class act. Ballastic Advantage may be the best bang for the buck when it comes to barrels.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    At 17 oz. I bet the 10.3" feels like your flipping around a toy.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    This might be a daft question, but how well do these light barrels maintain POA/POI during heavy fire? I'd like to pick up a 14.5" and get the MD pinned, just trying to decide on a profile.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    This might be a daft question, but how well do these light barrels maintain POA/POI during heavy fire? I'd like to pick up a 14.5" and get the MD pinned, just trying to decide on a profile.
    I have wondered similar things. I have also wondered if there is more barrel whip with these thin barrels and/or how heat (due to firing) effects them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got two LW 14.5 barrels. Both are CHF barrels and neither has shown any noticeable shifts that I could tell that were more then variances in ammo or shooter. Unless you own a full auto or bump fire you'll be fine

Downloads
    Uploads
    There have been reports of modest POI shifts under heavy fire. One of the more credible reports came from a Voodoo rep who described a 0.75 MOA downward deflection when firing a controlled group after dumping 3 mags. Letting the barrel cool (which happens more quickly than with heavier profiles, simply because of lower mass), caused the POI to return to the previous state. Presumably, 14.5 pencils would drift/droop less than 16s because they have a shorter moment arm (less deflection at the muzzle.)

Shooting a la Harry Pope ("Stand on your hind legs and shoot like a man!"), you would be hard pressed to notice any difference, especially with ammo which you would burn through quickly enough to heat the barrel.

From my personal viewpoint, the way light uppers handle make up for any temperature-related loss of reproduciblity - but I'm decidedly not a benchrest kind of guy.

Note: There are no data for these new BA barrels, and if you're mag-dumping stainless barrels routinely you might wish to reconsider how you spec components.
    Last edited by RiverRat; 1 October 2015 at 07:12.

Downloads
    Uploads
    would it be valid/acceptable to use the feedback of the g36 rifle which uses a pencil profile barrel? it's said that after a few hundred rounds the gun/barrel cant shoot straight for anything...
    IG: Sexual_Meatball

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberal_Strong View Post
    would it be valid/acceptable to use the feedback of the g36 rifle which uses a pencil profile barrel? it's said that after a few hundred rounds the gun/barrel cant shoot straight for anything...
    This is just one man's opinion, but I believe if your shooting schedule at the range involves quickly heating up the barrel and keeping it smoking hot for an extended period of time then you probably shouldn't even be considering pencil / LW barrels, and as RiverRat implies, you probably shouldn't be looking at stainless barrels, either (because barrel life : accuracy trade-off may not be worth it).

There is some debate on whether or not lightweight rifles really even have a purpose. I built one (using a VI barrel) partly out of curiosity (I wanted to experience the trade offs and form my own opinion) and partly to have a more manageable rifle for lady and kids of the household to shoot. I don't have enough rounds through it yet to have fully formed my opinion.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damnit what a cool video from Ballistic. I'm running one of your 10.5 modern series barrels but now I'm excited to try a handson

Keep up the good work guys!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic Advantage View Post
    Darnit. Just came to post that lol
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    A few comparison pictures of the .625 Hanson and the .750 Hanson(.625 on the left .750 on the right).