Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mk-11 vs. SR25 DMR style rifle

To add to the 1k yard talk. A couple years ago I built a Remington 700 on a 20" rock creek barrel. I was shooting 155g scenars running around 3k fps. I loaded them as hot as my rifle would take. That bad boy had no issue tagging the plate at 1k.

It would be interesting to see what would happen with a gas gun running those bullets. Magazine length may be an issue though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is my M110 SASS Carbine clone. It's actually a KAC EMC 16" rifle. I have since swapped out the optic for a Leupold MK4 that is the optic issued on the M110. Leupold also hooked me up with some turrets that are calibrated for the LR118 round. I have also pulled the brake and replaced with an AAC Blackout for my suppressors. The Mk 11 you were referring to is likely the Mk 11 Mod 0...the first issue service rifle for KAC. You can buy a KAC ER rifle if you can still find one, they were discontinued last year. The only difference is the rail, and it's a slight difference at best.

I also have a KAC SR-15 LPR as my DMR rifle. Awesome value right out of the box....again...if you can find one.

Rainier Arms just released a M110 clone barrel with the specific twist for the LR118 round. That mated with one of their upper/lower sets would be a sweet build.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco75 View Post

Rainier Arms just released a M110 clone barrel with the specific twist for the LR118 round. That mated with one of their upper/lower sets would be a sweet build.

I've been eyeing that barrel for my Mod 3 308 Receivers.

Or 6.5 Creedmore? Eh...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd love to get a 6.5 gas gun but no one stocks ammo in my area

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    I'd love to get a 6.5 gas gun but no one stocks ammo in my area
    I have a hard time talking about precision rifle and store-bought ammo. Availability, cost, and quality output are just unbeatable with handloads. Then that 6.5 would be totally feasible!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I've been eyeing that barrel for my Mod 3 308 Receivers.

Or 6.5 Creedmore? Eh...
    Someone say Creedmoor