Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

What's your AR15 collection like and should I slim down mine?

Going to probably engage in blasphemy with this topic/discussion.

I got the addiction bad the last two years. Both long guns and hand guns.

I went from a single DDM4V5 to the following:

Glock19
    Springfield 1911 TRP
    Wilson Combat CQB Elite
    Sphinx SDP Compact
    Sig P226 MK25

Noveske Gen3 Recon
    KAC SR15 Mod2
    LaRue PredatOBR 762
    BCM BFH ELW KMR 14.5
    BCM 11.5 Pistol
    Strongside Tactical 16"

So the thing is, I don't even have time to bring most of them to shoot regularly. Normally, I just bring a rifle and 2 handguns to the range. I was thinking of trimming my handgun collection to 3, but I'm in CA. Outside of the TRP, I wouldn't be able to buy any of the other 4 due to some BS Commiefornia legislation that passed.

I did go overboard with all the AR builds with different profiles/barrel steels ect ect. I was thinking about possibly going down to just the KAC, LaRue, BCM Pistol and possibly an SPR Build. The only thing that's primarily holding me back is how bad the current market is for sellers.

What about everyone else? How do your collections look? I'm I just being stupid Should I just keep everything and find time to give them love at the range?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a minimalist and would not have a firearm that doesn't serve a purpose.

I am also not behind enemy lines with bullshit laws.

Keep everything and just really consider other firearms before you decide to purchase anything else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That glock is junk send it to me for proper disposal
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep everything, and cycle them through range visits.

Sadly, in uncertain times, acquisition may become an increasing problem. "Things" don't look all that bad now, but they can change very quickly, and without a lot of notice. Not to be all "doom and gloom" but unless you are really fat in an item (or motivated by financial issues), I think you would be ill-advised to start dumping firearms.

Swapping or trading for newer or different, is one thing. Completely losing items (by choice or not) isn't a situation I ever want to be in.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Selling guns is like a yoyo diet...you end up getting them all back and they bring friends. I would just buy the larger safe at this point and get ahead of the game.

Also...keep an eye on that barrel pin on that LaRue...they are having an issue with the barrel nut loosening during use and this causes stress on the barrel pin and it gets loose.

Downloads
    Uploads
    1 factory DD SBR'ed lower. w/SF 212-556 Still deciding on what upper to buy for it. Likely a 12.5". It started out as a 10.3" 300BLK, and I dumped the caliber because it bored me.
    1 16.1" DDM4 w/SF 212-556/Comp M4S
    1 Hodge Defense MOD 2 (pending) w/SF 556 SOCOM MINI/Nightforce 1-4 FC-2 w/PTL in a Mil-spec NF Unimount (pending)

M&P Shield 9mm
    M&P 22 w/Spectre II
    M&P 9FS w/ Trijicon HD's, X300U, bobbed and stippled
    P226 Elite ST 357 SIG with Trijicons, QPQ finish, and Bruce Gray's personal touches.

(pending)---things that are in the bag that I am just waiting on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally have 7 or 8 pistols not including the preexisting ones that I am the only one that shoots...

I have an AK and a custom built AR that I build less than a year ago. Hunting rifles and shotguns I have a bunch. Not all are technically mine but I can use them any time.

As far as AR's go I would like to have several more in various configurations.

My want list is pretty long to be honest and I don't think I will ever be done getting stuff. If I had more money a good chunk would be dedicated to firearms and ammo.

Can I shoot them all? No, probably not, not all at once for sure. The good thing is I have never had a gun spoil on me or go bad on me yet.

For me it's a fun and engaging hobby.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just don't get into wildcats! Think ya got problems now, that bug is a mutha!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't sell anything, move out of California.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Why do you need all those?"

My answer is I like them, I want them, and it's my right to own as many as I want.

As long as my interest and means allow me to have what I want, I will. The price of constitutional rights was the blood of our ancestors. That same price is paid today to maintain its intent, and I will not dishonor that sacrifice by discounting any part of the Constition, or Bill of Rights.

Get friends involved and sell to them at the discount you'd eat selling to a stranger in today's soft market. This arms those who are near and dear and also makes room for that next build without giving your guns away at stupid discounts. It also has the benefit of making you go shooting and take more guns with you more often.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    That too!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    Simply put and right on the money.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another argument for holding onto them... Quality firearms have a way of appreciating in value over time. A NIB Colt green label could be had in the early 90's for $850-$950. They're now selling for $2,000+. Just keep good care of 'em and they'll be a worthwhile investment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviantLogic View Post
    Another argument for holding onto them... Quality firearms have a way of appreciating in value over time. A NIB Colt green label could be had in the early 90's for $850-$950. They're now selling for $2,000+. Just keep good care of 'em and they'll be a worthwhile investment.
    In the last decade, Colt 6920's have gone DOWN in price, even though the dollar is worth less.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Really top shelf bunch of guns. The only way I would sell one is to a friend to get them into shooting with you. But where are the .22s? My little AR, and 10-22 are so fun to shoot and cheap. Don't much care for rimfire semis, but the 9 shot top break revolver is a joy. And from a prepping viewpoint the ammo is prime currency.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode