Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I highly recommend a set of surefire ep3 plugs with the ports left open for suppressed use. You can hear everyone talk, they don't take batteries, and don't squash your ears. Plus, they're cheap. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Got a link? I might pick a pair up.
    http://www.amazon.com/Surefire-EP3-S.../dp/B003CGKDHE
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got a link? I might pick a pair up.

I just use hunter orange foam plugs. If it gets really bad aka like at the monster truck rally I throw a pair of bionic muffs on top of that.

My big bionic muffs are actually a little too big. Sometimes when I get down in prone position my muffs were too wide.
    http://www.surefire.com/ep3-sonic-defenders.html

They have enough reduction for outdoor use for sporting clays, skeet, or hunting. Not enough for unsuppressed centerfire rifle though.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't worry... I got the joke LOL!
    Lol list u got it
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    Lol list u got it
    Yeah I fail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What gas block are you using?
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Yeah I fail.
    Just send meva few hand stops and will forgive u
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    What gas block are you using?
    SLR Adjustable set screw type. One extra click and it seems to be in the zone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    SLR Adjustable set screw type. One extra click and it seems to be in the zone.
    Very nice. I was thinking of trying one of those out
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    The next time I shoot I will try my other charging handle. I've shot a few times already, a mag here and a mag there and so far I've gotten exactly zero gas in my face. I don't know if the gas in the face thing is supposed to happen when you do heavy fire or what.

I'm not sure the dynamics of it. I'm shooting on a 16" barrel. I don't really do heavy fire with this set up. I'm not sure if the snach handle is working or not, or if the silencer is just that awesome to start with. Other than just the noise difference there isn't much different in regards to having anything blow back in my face.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    Very nice. I was thinking of trying one of those out
    I really like mine. I have an extra long tool so I can adjust mine on the go even with the can on. The only downside is that long tool doesn't fit in any of the pouches on my rifle bag. It's too long. Other than that I have no complaints.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Minimalist Brake that we are now shipping with Recce 5 mod3's is a great muzzle device. Its short, controls muzzle rise, reduces recoil, and offers a sacrificial baffle to the suppressor for increased durable service life.

Its also only 1.8 ounces meaning that the Recce 5 and brake as a system is only 16.3 ounces. Ridiculously light given the flagship cans this competes with in sound performance. Its also fully constructed of billet 17-4 so it's tough as nails as well.

http://www.griffinarmament.com/Griff...rake-p/tmm.htm

Im glad you are liking the Recce5 have fun with it. Its unbeatable in the current market.

As for cross threading concerns. I've used taper mounts more than anyone. Between trade shows, dealer demos, testing, and having fun on my own ive probably attached and detached the taper mount a couple thousand times and have never cross threaded it. Its classified as a fine thread but its very large and is pretty durable. We have yet to damage one in house.
    Combat vet owned/operated company specializing in the design and manufacturing of industry leading silencers and firearms components. www.GriffinArmament.com PM for WEVO discount code.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GRIFFIN ARMAMENT View Post
    The Minimalist Brake that we are now shipping with Recce 5 mod3's is a great muzzle device. Its short, controls muzzle rise, reduces recoil, and offers a sacrificial baffle to the suppressor for increased durable service life.

Its also only 1.8 ounces meaning that the Recce 5 and brake as a system is only 16.3 ounces. Ridiculously light given the flagship cans this competes with in sound performance. Its also fully constructed of billet 17-4 so it's tough as nails as well.

http://www.griffinarmament.com/Griff...rake-p/tmm.htm

Im glad you are liking the Recce5 have fun with it. Its unbeatable in the current market.

As for cross threading concerns. I've used taper mounts more than anyone. Between trade shows, dealer demos, testing, and having fun on my own ive probably attached and detached the taper mount a couple thousand times and have never cross threaded it. Its classified as a fine thread but its very large and is pretty durable. We have yet to damage one in house.
    Without question I honestly think I made the right choice. I bought it sight unseen based on the internet and some excellent advice from here at WEVO. For people on a budget sometimes that can be pretty daunting to drop nearly a grand on an unfamiliar six month process and on a product you've never seen...

As for the brake it definitely does its job. It's built great. At first having never owned and very minimally used any silencer though it was something I paid a lot of attention to. How the thing attaches to the gun was more than half of the reason for my choice and overall I am very pleased with everything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All that said though I've never tried shooting with just the brake and no suppressor, at least not the Griffin one. If I personally was going to shoot unsupressed more I might invest in the flash comp. Whether or not I'm going to be doing that is still up in the air. I will probably shoot suppressed most of the time from now on so I guess it's a moot point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's mine. The mount is curing on the rifle (blue loctite with shims. It comes with 5 .002" shims and 4 .010" shims for timing FYI)

I tried taking some pictures comparing it to my 5.56 Innovative Arms Grunt but they were all over exposed. This is the best one and it still sucks

The Recce is a little more slim than the 1.5" diameter IA can and a few ounces lighter. Can't wait to compare them side by side as far as sound and performance goes.

As far as concerns about it backing off the taper mount...if anything you should be concerned about it locking up lol. I have another taper mount can that's gotten stuck. I'm going to put a tiny bit of anti sieze or similar JUST on the taper itself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blue loctite eh?

Can looks very nice.