Downloads
    Uploads

Accupower vs Accupoint 3-9x

I'm considering a 3-9x for my 16" 300BLK build. Mostly running super loads. I've found each within $100 (demo TR20-2G) so looking to see if one has significantly better glass or reticle. Don't need to rehash the battery/fiber optic argument. Not a factor I care about for this rifle which will mostly be a range plinker. My suppressed 9" w/TR24 is the go to gun.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the TR20G 3x9 on a precision build. It's a great scope with excellent glass. I might go for the crosshairs next time instead though. The chevron reticle is meant more for moving targets, and easily acquiring the reticle. it's hard to be super precise with it, but I can get 1 MOA if I really take my time and use the right ammo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Moxy. I was fretting that the $600 TR20-2G (mil crosshairs) would get snapped up so I just bought it. It probably makes more sense on one of my SS 5.56 rifles. I'm not going to be blooping 300BLK way out yonder no matter how much magnification is available.

Now to save up for Black Friday sales.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    I only own a couple of Accupoints and no Accupowers. The brief time I played with stick's Accupower, the glass appeared to be the same quality s my Accupoints. Lower price point has me itching to get my own. These were 1-4x24's not the 3-9x, but I would assume the glass quality is comparable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be checking out that 1-4 on Black Friday. Got it marked on my calendar. Wish that 2-5-10 did not have such a huge objective.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I only own a couple of Accupoints and no Accupowers. The brief time I played with stick's Accupower, the glass appeared to be the same quality s my Accupoints. Lower price point has me itching to get my own. These were 1-4x24's not the 3-9x, but I would assume the glass quality is comparable.

Are you using red or green triangle post reticles? Crosshairs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Accupoint is the best bang for the buck there is when you look at comparable glass and features IMHO.

My only complaint with the Accupoint is that for a Noob self-taught shooter like me, with no MIL experience, the MOA turrets with a MIL reticle is confusing...but for the guys that were taught like that, it's perfect. They do have standard crosshairs or the triangle reticle too...but I like the ability to range a target with the reticle.

The Accupower has MOA/MOA and MIL/MIL options...hopefully they will update the Accupoint line soon with that same feature.

I am also one of the odd ducks that prefers SFP over FFP too...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfilmmaker View Post
    Are you using red or green triangle post reticles? Crosshairs?

The TR20 has green crosshairs. My TR24 is the red triangle. I've had both the green and amber too in 1-4 and liked them all, but stuck with the red as I think it is faster for me to pick up close in. Green I feel has the edge at 4x. Amber seemed to wash out a little more under some conditions.*

I mocked up the rifle today in case I can get to the range tomorrow for a function check. Pic show it as is now. Vortex 2-10 is within 1/2" in length, but the TR20 eye end housing looks like it may be a bit longer. Hence I'm thinking an ADM Recon X extended mount might work well. I'm using Bobro BUIS as the low profile black is more subtle on the sand rail. The OD green clashes terribly I think. Will try Coyote brown and black if that looks wrong.

Question on the Advanced Armamenr barrel: It had a hole instead of a locating pin for the upper notch. I just centered hole with a flat punch before torquing down the nut. Am I GTG or do I need a separate pin to pound in that fits the notch? I cycled a half dozen rounds by hand and they ejected fine with no odd marks on the brass.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No index pin on the barrel extension? Must've fallen out. They're just press fit. Still....I'd want it just to be safe.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Googling shows other with pin not installed at factory. Grrr, I hate it when I think I'm done and have to tear it back down and wait days/weeks for a teeny part. At least AAC responded quickly with a service ticket number. Just praying they don't make me send it in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Wish that 2-5-10 did not have such a huge objective.
    I'm with you on that. If it was 42mm or smaller I'd be interested. 56mm is absurd. It's like they think they'll get Dick's Sporting Goods to stock it or perhaps it was at the special request of Cabela's....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    The TR20 has green crosshairs. My TR24 is the red triangle. I've had both the green and amber too in 1-4 and liked them all, but stuck with the red as I think it is faster for me to pick up close in. Green I feel has the edge at 4x. Amber seemed to wash out a little more under some conditions.*

I mocked up the rifle today in case I can get to the range tomorrow for a function check. Pic show it as is now. Vortex 2-10 is within 1/2" in length, but the TR20 eye end housing looks like it may be a bit longer. Hence I'm thinking an ADM Recon X extended mount might work well. I'm using Bobro BUIS as the low profile black is more subtle on the sand rail. The OD green clashes terribly I think. Will try Coyote brown and black if that looks wrong.

Question on the Advanced Armamenr barrel: It had a hole instead of a locating pin for the upper notch. I just centered hole with a flat punch before torquing down the nut. Am I GTG or do I need a separate pin to pound in that fits the notch? I cycled a half dozen rounds by hand and they ejected fine with no odd marks on the brass.

Thanks for the response

Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads

Gonna try and scoop a 1-4 accupower this blackfriday to go on my 12.5... I've been hearing rumors about the 1-6x TR25 coming out soon though, and at the same price point as the tr24. Anyone heard this?