Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

AR Stoner Mil Spec Buffer Tube

Looking at getting a replacement buffer tube/receiver extension due to damage taken on my current one. Found a great price on a stoner tube from midway ($16). I realize that its made from 6061 instead of 7075 but I don't think that would matter too much (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) as I am not a specialized operator, just a plinker that LOVES shooting in my spare time. Anyone have any experience with these as far as fitment with stocks (specifically BMS minimalist) and or finish/ thread quality. I'm a big supporter of buy once, cry once; but I just don't see a $45+ tube as completely necessary if a 6061 will suffice. Anyone with first hand experience or know of any similar priced options that show great quality please feel free to chime in. Thanks guys!

PS sorry if I'm in the wrong board.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Accidents happen to all of us. If I bought a part made of milder material, that would surely be the part I break. You're already replacing one due to damage. Why not have some peace of mind it won't happen again?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^This. Probably shouldn't skimp for such a critical component. Damage Industries has a 7075 Milspec tube for 15$

http://damageindustriesllc.com/produ...6-pos-mil-spec

Downloads
    Uploads
    I avoid 6061 tubes.

All my builds get one of these from RA:

http://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-a...code-sale-6697

Yeah it's a little more money, but it does come with an H Buffer, spring, end plate, and castle nut.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all the replies. Being as thought I'm not too experienced with replacement parts, I'll take you guys' word for it and stick with reliable parts.

Duty: that damage industries tube is cheaper than the 6061 tube I was originally looking at, so that solves that's problem!

Anyone have anything to say the damage industries buffer tube before it gets ordered?

Downloads
    Uploads
    For just a tube I have been using the Battle Arms Developement ones. I purchased some end plates, gas blocks and muzzle brakes from Damage Industries in the past and found the products to be of poor quality. They are not the cheapest products around for no reason.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've ordered from them with no issues. Quick shipping, they're gtg! Can't speak on the tube but the parts I got were good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I avoid 6061 tubes.

All my builds get one of these from RA:

http://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-a...code-sale-6697

Yeah it's a little more money, but it does come with an H Buffer, spring, end plate, and castle nut.
    That's a great deal. Good find

Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I've ordered from them with no issues. Quick shipping, they're gtg! Can't speak on the tube but the parts I got were good.
    I've had a similar experience with Damage. Recently ordered two of their M4 stripped uppers and was pleasantly surprised. Are they of the quality of a nice billet upper? Nope. But for 39$ im extremely happy. Granted Ive never used their tube, but it's gotta be better then a 6061.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I probably ordered from them 2-3 times and I found the opposite to be true. 5 days to ship the products and like I said the parts were poor quality. The gas blocks were not deburred very well and came with cheap flat bottomed set screws. The QD end plates seemed OK but after 1 use they bent away from the receiver below the castle nut. And the brakes look OK but flat out do not reduce any recoil. Not that I expected much for $20 but I'd take a A2 for $10 any day. All parts came in individual sealed bags heavily greased like import AK parts. I honestly question the Made in USA claim to the parts I've used.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    That's a great deal. Good find

I've had a similar experience with Damage. Recently ordered two of their M4 stripped uppers and was pleasantly surprised. Are they of the quality of a nice billet upper? Nope. But for 39$ im extremely happy. Granted Ive never used their tube, but it's gotta be better then a 6061.

I did grab 6 of their uppers for $40 a pop and they are fine. Keyhole forge marks on all 6.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I did grab 6 of their uppers for $40 a pop and they are fine. Keyhole forge marks on all 6.
    Can't go wrong picking up half dozen uppers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have one of their (Damage Industries) NiB BCG's and it's flaking off... maybe a couple thousand rounds thru it. And two of their forward grips as well... love the look/feel of them, but there is no cross pin or whatever you call it on them so they tend to slide on the picatinny rail unless you screw them down so tight you scuff the rails. The shaft of the bolt is above the rails so it does not engage and hold the spot on the rail. They live in my parts bin now.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any body have experience with Palmetto State 7075 buffer tube??

Downloads
    Uploads
    also just came across this one from Delta Team. Never heard of them, but they seem to get good reviews...

http://www.deltateamtactical.com/Mil...ty_p_3582.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NATOgaspiston View Post
    also just came across this one from Delta Team. Never heard of them, but they seem to get good reviews...

http://www.deltateamtactical.com/Mil...ty_p_3582.html
    The product description on that page is pretty funny.

THE MIL-SPEC TUBE IS FULLY FINISHED INSIDE AND OUT THE INSIDE IS HIGHLY POLISHED AND HIGHLY ANODIZED FOR A SMOOTHER SHOOTING EXPERIENCE.

Haha... highly anodized...

Definitely do not want.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com