Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Vortex HS-LR 2.5-10x32 FFP on sale

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/s...#gridContainer

Sportsman's Warehouse has the HS-LR 2.5-10x32 FFP (basically the PST without the magnified reticle or exposed turrets). The turrets are still adjustable in every way, just capped.

Price? $399.

I couldn't resist it. Should arrive in a few days and will be replacing the bulky 4-16x44 on my SPR rifle. Between swapping the scope and putting the 5.56 direct thread (vs 7.62 QD), I'm shaving an entire pound off the rifle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I picked up two from Cabela's when they had the same sale price a few months ago. I really like that optic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ooooh I can't wait. I've always like the x32 objective

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I've already said this in another thread, but I know eventually I will regret not taking advantage of the fantastic price on these scopes, but I just don't have the spare coin right now. I can only presume that Vortex built way too many of them and/or is about to release something that obsoletes this. I think I saw even 10% lower than this a few months ago and I almost bought one then. These are a little on the heavy side (as are most of Vortex's optics), but looks to be an overall great package.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love Vortex' quality and even own a couple of pieces. They and some other companies are proof that Asian companies can do great things as opposed to what we've seen typically forever. I only wish it was a U.S. company, or anyplace but China. They've shown they can do decent quality, but they need to work on treating their people a lot better.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I think I've already said this in another thread, but I know eventually I will regret not taking advantage of the fantastic price on these scopes, but I just don't have the spare coin right now. I can only presume that Vortex built way too many of them and/or is about to release something that obsoletes this. I think I saw even 10% lower than this a few months ago and I almost bought one then. These are a little on the heavy side (as are most of Vortex's optics), but looks to be an overall great package.
    Not saying it isn't heavy (although lighter than my 4-16x44), the same size NF optic is 19oz compared to the 16.8oz of the HS-LR 2.5-10x32

Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I love Vortex' quality and even own a couple of pieces. They and some other companies are proof that Asian companies can do great things as opposed to what we've seen typically forever. I only wish it was a U.S. company, or anyplace but China. They've shown they can do decent quality, but they need to work on treating their people a lot better.
    I was under the impression that the Razors/Vipers were made in Japan, and Diamondback/Crossfires in the Philippines. But you're right, I wish they were made in the USA

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a fantastic price. I put one on layaway at the local store.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Currently they offer additional $50 promo code for Halloween so the price is $349.99

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan74 View Post
    Currently they offer additional $50 promo code for Halloween so the price is $349.99
    Excludes Vortex (and most other optics brands). Just as well, because I really can't afford even $350 for that scope right now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It works for me. Just add the scope to the cart and check out, and a $50 discount will be automatically calculated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan74 View Post
    It works for me. Just add the scope to the cart and check out, and a $50 discount will be automatically calculated.
    Ah, you're right. Interesting. The banner says Vortex is excluded. Sweet deal!

Edit: Dang it. Local pickup, so no shipping but WA's high sales tax: $383 out the door. I couldn't pass it up any more. That is too much scope for the money. Of course, now I'll need a new rifle to put it on.
    Last edited by BoilerUp; 29 October 2015 at 06:46.

Downloads
    Uploads

It's awesome. I might get a throw lever for the magnification ring because that sucker is snug. Just needs use. The turret clicks are really sharp and crisp. More so than another Vortex Viper 6-20x scope I have. It is very nice

That 18" rifle looks like a pig but it's surprisingly light. Changing out the scope and putting a direct thread 5.56 can on in place of a 7.62 QD saved me over a pound of weight. The Parallax Tactical rail is also extremely light as well. Need to weigh it as is

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got the PST version of this optic. For $350 that's a steal.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I jumped on this too. $377 shipped to my door

Downloads
    Uploads

And there's something about this optic like other quality optics for people who actually SHOOT. Some folks may never notice based on the type of plinking or "it looks cool", etc. A reticle that matches the turrets. Can't tell you how many , for example, mildot reticles Ive seen that have MOA adjustments. Having MOA/MOA or MIL/MIL is sorta handy. I've seen so many people that just have no clue about why it even matters....just buying gear