Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bolt won't lock back

Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    You must have a little one on the way... If so congrats!
    😉😉

Edit: would be #1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I tend to agree with folks above that recommend changing the buffer. Spike's site says the ST-T2 will vary between 4.0 and 4.2 ounces. Other carbine buffer weights are:

Standard = 3.0
    H = 3.8
    H2 = 4.6

and they go up from there.

Buffers are relatively cheap on the lower weight end of the spectrum. You might try the H buffer, which would at a minimum cut two tenths off, and maximum four tenths. If your system is close, shaving that small an amount might fix it and still not be hard on the parts. Again, "assuming" the buffer is the problem.

Having said that, I had a similar issue when I tried a Wolff XP Carbine spring in combination with an H2 buffer. Put a standard spring back in, kept the H2, and the lock-back problem went away. I am not familiar with Damage Industries Enhanced buffer spring. If it offers increased resistance - it may be the problem.

Change one thing at a time.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Put a Standard carbine buffer in it and be done. The dwell time on the 14.5" middy DD barrel is very short. Mine runs like a champ with a carbine buffer and a white Springco spring in it. Had issues with FTF's with full mags with mine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Bolt won't lock back

Ok this is what I'm seeing.
    1) noticed i put a standard carbine buffer spring in instead of the enhanced. So it does have a standard carbine buffer spring

2) went a little nuts with the frog lube and was everywhere. Making it almost sticky. That is now cleaned.

Now this is what I'm noticing.
    With an empty 30 round pmag, both gen 2 and 3, it will trigger the bolt catch just slightly where the bolt will not catch it but just skim passed it. This then created a groove in the bolt catch.

Now I notice if I rack the 30 rounders really good, it will catch all the time. Same with the 20 rounders.

Tried whatever magazines I found in the house. Did the same thing.

Edit: tried the spikes upper with a seekins lower. Does the same thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Talked to their customer service which I think are great people. Going to send me a bolt catch assembly with all springs. Hopefully that works. They are thinking it is either the bolt catch is a tad to big where the plunger makes contact or the cross pin for the ambi-switch bolt catch release maybe to long. We shall see. Right now trying to figure out how to remove a strip retention screw. Never learned when to quit when things are going bad and just need to step away.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The parts finally came in and I assembled the lower after a good cleaning. At the moment, racking the bolt with an empty mag, the bolt locks back. Which made me happy. The ultimate test is to take it to the range and fire a good amount of rounds.