Downloads
    Uploads

Surefire X300 Ultra Question

Just picked up my first X300 Ultra. My plan is to use this as my semi dedicated AR-15 light mounted at the 12 o'clock position. I say semi dedicated because once in a while I will pull it off to mount on my handgun to teach night classes.

My question is, is there any problem in using the "Universal" plate on a standard 1913 Picatinny rail instead of using the Picatinny plate.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Speaking from my own experience doing the same thing... The fit will not be solid. There will be some slop but it should be okay as long as you aren't planning hard use.

If you think you will need a tighter fit you can always change to the Picatinny mount. Not that hard to do. Then save up for a dedicated light

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodman24 View Post
    Speaking from my own experience doing the same thing... The fit will not be solid. There will be some slop but it should be okay as long as you aren't planning hard use.

If you think you will need a tighter fit you can always change to the Picatinny mount. Not that hard to do. Then save up for a dedicated light
    This.

It won't be solid.

I'd just got with a dedicated light for your long gun and one for the pistol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is the plan eventually.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MOLON LABE View Post
    That is the plan eventually.
    You could always consider INFORCE lights as well. Polymer, but 1/2 the price, and I've had nothing but good experiences.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^this. I've had good results with my wmlx and iwc thorntail mount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I literally just sold my Inforce HSP WML due to issues with the mounting system, and lower light output. I love the on/off switch and the light weight, just wish they would change the mounting system and the body to aluminum over their current polymer construction.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I say get a scout clone with offset mount for your rifle and then get a dedicated light like the TLR-1 for your pistol.

If you get an Arisaka scout clone and mount you'd still have some money left over to put towards a TLR-1.

Note- after using all the above setups I still like the scout style the best out of all of the above mentioned.