Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    I'm hopeful but I doubt it will pass. Gotta keep in mind it's being voted on by people who are completely uneducated....
    Hell, it worked for Obamacare, so maybe we have a chance. We need to pass it to see what's in it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Hell, it worked for Obamacare, so maybe we have a chance. We need to pass it to see what's in it.
    Agreed!
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    Gotta keep in mind it's being voted on by people who are completely uneducated to what a suppressor actually is.
    Agreed. Education is key - both for those in congress and the public in general. The anti-gunners will vote no and the others will vote for whatever gets them elected again. A suppressor is a safety device that is essentially a metal tube, and about as dangerous as a flying dildo. If the public had a better understanding of this the chances of the legislation passing would definitely be in our favor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be too idealistic to think that this would pass Obama's desk. But that's just me.

Tim Harmsen actually said that putting this out now is a bad idea. Since it's unlikely to pass, it will be years until this is brought up again by Congress in a future bill - according to him.

Food for thought.
    Last edited by Thompson; 28 October 2015 at 10:02.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopeful and doubtful.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I called my congressman today. Now that Paul Ryan is the House leader (as of today) Kevin Brady (my representative) is most likely soon to be tapped as the head of the ways and means committee. As of right now I think he's second in charge. They are the committee that will hear and examine this piece of legislation before it goes anywhere. We will see how it goes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Naturally, it can't be tucked into another 18.000 page bill like the speckle-bellied lizard protection act of 2011. We need underhanded, crooked lobbyists like the BLM and Sierra Club to hook us up!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'd love to believe this will pass... even in this climate, but realistically, I'd be shocked if this gained any traction.

However, can you imagine suppressor sales if it did?
    I'd have one for every caliber I own in less than 6 months.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    lobbyists like the BLM
    I LOLed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    I LOLed.
    Me too
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads

Hearing Protection Act

The Senate version S. 2236, sponsored by Idaho Senator Michael Crapo, was sent to committee earlier this month.

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/114/s2236

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got this from my Senator:

Thank you for contacting me about S. 2236, the Hearing Protection Act of 2015. I appreciate hearing from you and having the opportunity to respond.

S. 2236 was introduced by Senator Mike Crapo on November 4, 2015, and was referred to the Senate Committee on Finance. If enacted, this legislation would amend the tax code to eliminate the transfer tax on firearm silencers and remove the National Firearms Act application process. Registration and licensing requirements for firearm silencers would be the same as those required for purchasing a firearm. This legislation has not been considered by the Committee at this time.

Should the Senate consider S. 2236 or similar legislation, I will keep your comments in mind. Again, thank you for contacting me.
    It's a form letter, like the form letter I sent via SilencerCo. Perhaps next year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    I LOLed.
    I actually meant the Bureau of Land Management, but yeah...
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I called my congressman today. Now that Paul Ryan is the House leader (as of today) Kevin Brady (my representative) is most likely soon to be tapped as the head of the ways and means committee. As of right now I think he's second in charge. They are the committee that will hear and examine this piece of legislation before it goes anywhere. We will see how it goes.
    Ideally they'll stall it until after the election. If it were to pass and be one of the the first new pieces of legislation on the Oval Office desk then it probably gets signed and not vetoed.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It would honestly be dumb to have this up and being debated during an election year... especially after the recent shootings.