Downloads
    Uploads

Streamlight TLR-2s on Colt LE6920MP

The LE6920MP came with the Magpul MOE SL (M-LOK) polymer handguard. I want to put a Streamlight TLR-2s (light/strobe/red laser) on it. When I talked to Magpul tech, he mentiond the handguard is not steady enough for a laser. Anybody have any thoughts on that? Also, any thoughts on the two Magpul light mounts; offset or cantilever? Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This fore ends will shift enough to allow a tight pattern flashlight beam to shift off the sight line so a laser would maintain a poor zero. This is one of the best options I've seen if your FSB has a bayonet lug.

http://customdefensiveproducts.com/m...filiate=mobile

Not my rifle just a pic online.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That does look like a good option. I would like to post a photo of what I have but only see a way to hyperlink to an online photo, not attach a photo of my own. That said, here is a link to a photo of what looks like what I have on my 6920 except the Magpul handguard goes right up to the back edge of the bayonet mount. Will this work for the item you describe? Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The mossie tactics mount is what you need.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Battl...400fsb-pic.htm
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks VIPER 237. That looks like a good one except the sight picture is obstructed on the TLR-2. TLR-1 & 3 are OK. Just my luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    The mossie tactics mount is what you need.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Battl...400fsb-pic.htm
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    Thanks VIPER 237. That looks like a good one except the sight picture is obstructed on the TLR-2. TLR-1 & 3 are OK. Just my luck.
    Poop. Just read this.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Pyzik, but the RS products are only for AKs & shotguns.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Pyzik, but the RS products are only for AKs & shotguns.
    It's designed for an AK but you could put it on your AR just the same. It's just a barrel clamp with rails.
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Depends on your barrel diameter but like this.

Not my pic.
    Last edited by Pyzik; 28 October 2015 at 12:45.
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    That does look like a good option. I would like to post a photo of what I have but only see a way to hyperlink to an online photo, not attach a photo of my own. That said, here is a link to a photo of what looks like what I have on my 6920 except the Magpul handguard goes right up to the back edge of the bayonet mount. Will this work for the item you describe? Thanks.

That's a Sig gas block not a AR FSB.

Both my 6920's have bayonet lugs and unless it was cut off for state compliance yours should have one too.

Those barrel clamps suck and anything that mounts the light on the front sight post wether side or front is a distraction and a poor design IMO. I actually helped a friend who was mounting a fairly large light on a similar rifle for varmint control and he tried just about every option we could find. Rails that mounted to the FSB and a barrel clamp. The rail mount was solid but it was very distracting to have the light right up in the sight picture. The barrel clamp never felt solid and would work itself forward from the recoil. He wound up using a mount that attached to the bayonet lug and it worked perfectly. Not sure who even made the one he used.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I do like the Custom Defense Products BLAM product the best as mentioned by SINNER. Unfortunately, it won't work with the new Magpul handguard Colt is installing on the 6920. The old Magpul was the MAG440; the new one is the MAG538. The discontinued 440 allowed use of the bayonet mount; the new 538 covers it. Guess I'll just give up on using the TLR-2 with laser and get a straight flashlight TLR-1 and mount it to the handguard. Guess the TLR-2 can go on a Glock.

BTW, how do I attach my own photos to a post? Thanks for all the responses.

Downloads
    Uploads
    BTW, how do I attach my own photos to a post? Thanks for all the responses.
    Use a free photo host like photobucket.com. Once saved, your photos will have links that can be inserted into to posts.