Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

New UBR talk (aka the Drake and Larry show)

In talking with Drake from Magpul, the UBR almost always seems to get brought up in some manner or another. The production models are slightly different than the earlier model I've been playing around with, but only in some minor things that aren't' going to affect its overall appearance or abilities.

Here are a few picture of Drake shooting the UBR on his blaster while working with Larry Vickers at a recent class. I'll point out that these are not my pictures, these are Drakes, and the only reason they are tagged with the WEVO logo is because we are hosting them for him.

Anyway, I figured a few new pictures of the UBR couldn't hurt, and it gives us a chance to talk back and forth about it over here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The usual question seems to pup up. When will the UBR be released?

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are completing a few of the last steps to the best of my knowledge, but after the complaints they have gotten when they have given good faith estimates, I don't blame they for not given specific dates.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the update Stick. Nice pics as always.

Downloads
    Uploads
    HOw long is that barrel.?..With the long handguard,,,makes it look real long.

The UBR actually looks better with the battery compartment covered.

Stick ..can you post some nice pics on a SPR with the battery compartments closed?

Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=cst;432]HOw long is that barrel.?..With the long handguard,,,makes it look real long.QUOTE]

The upper is a 13.7 inch CMMG with a perm. mount KX3 for a total of 16". The rails are a 13.0 DD. I'm a big fella and was looking for a little more space on the rail for the scout light, pressure pad, VFG and still be able to hold with the offhand.

Oh, first post. Great job over here Stick. Thnaks for hosting pics for me.

Pullo Guest
    Does the UBR have any kind of shock absorber in it?
    Do you like your CMMG, would you recommend their uppers?
    Thanks,for the pics!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shock absorber or pad? I'm thinking you mean pad. I'm hoping that the buttpad is a little better than the CTR. It's nice and non-slip but it could have a little more cushion but really doesn't need it I guess...

m1371 Guest
    So what's up with the Ranger plate on the PMag in the pics? Any scoop on that?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good eye m1371, good to see you here.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ranger plate

Quote Originally Posted by 03humpalot View Post
    Good eye m1371, good to see you here.
    Me too. Magpul is such a tease .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike91A View Post
    Me too. Magpul is such a tease .
    I just want the damn UBR's to come out I need one in Black and one in Dark Earth. Ranger plates for PMAGS would be uber cool too.

latino83 Guest
    Any updates on the UBR? I want one

m1371 Guest
    Patience gents.

I for one would rather wait for MagPul to get it right, straight from the get-go. Rather than deal with a Microsoft mentality of releasing a product with known "issues" and then plugging the holes later as they get around to it.

latino83 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by m1371 View Post
    Patience gents.

I for one would rather wait for MagPul to get it right, straight from the get-go. Rather than deal with a Microsoft mentality of releasing a product with known "issues" and then plugging the holes later as they get around to it.

No rush. I can wait.