Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

BCM® MK15 Time Piece

BCM® Mk15 Tritium Time Piece

Every Day Cary

When the engineers at BCM® began development of the EDC line, a time piece that was both precision crafted and as rugged as our fleet of carbines. Meet the BCM MK15 Tritium Time Piece.

Housed in a case made from a 316L Stainless Steel and finished in a PVD Brushed Black, the MK15 is water resistant to 200 meters/20 atmospheres with a 13 Jewel, Gold Plated Swiss Made Chronograph Movement. A ratcheted unidirectional bezel frames the face of the time piece, punctuated by an anodized red screw-in crown.

Offered as a limited edition of 2500 time pieces, each MK15 is laser engraved with a unique serial number and deploys in a custom injection molded glass fiber reinforced case.

Material

A T25 Tritium Illuminated minute, hour and second hand track over the Tritium illuminated hour markers on an enamel coated, real carbon fiber dial. Protected by Sapphire Scratch Resistant Crystal with two layers of anti-reflective coating applied to the inside of the crystal, the MK15 weighs in at 232 grams when equipped with PVD Brushed Black Stainless Steel band. Using the rubber diver's band, the Mk15 weighs in 128 grams.

MSRP $595.00

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-M...mk15-watch.htm
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    No
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    voodoo man what do you think?

Looks like a nice mid-priced watch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is this an indication that the rifle market is saturated? Spending development cycles making a watch?
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Is this an indication that the rifle market is saturated? Spending development cycles making a watch?
    Should have made the band with keymod slots so I can get an Arisaka fingerstop on it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    voodoo man what do you think?

Looks like a nice mid-priced watch.
    Not just no, but hell no.

Questionable origin to begin with - almost 100% China or Japan movement, and case parts.

For a "Made in USA" company this is a real shot in the nuts.

Also, Carbon Fiber dial - whoever thought of that should be fired - especially as a FIRST edition of the watch.

Questionable tritium origin "tubes" like Marathon or Luminox watches, that probably suck or will suck in a year or two.

Ohh, see the white date wheel? White? On a black dial? Couldn't spend the extra .03 cents for a c/f or black date wheel?

Same price range you can get so many other/better watches with a proven pedigree.

Lumtec, obviously my personal "go to" for watches that are awesome (and more than 80% sources in the US and assembled in the US)
    Oris, Tissot, Hamilton (US), Seiko (half the price, 10000000x the pedigree), hell even Bulova is re-releasing their "Moon Watch" early 2016....same price, I'll be buying that instead.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/th...d-550-pricetag

To be totally blunt, I expected more when I first heard of it. I imagined it would be a really simple watch, US-made all the way around including an automatic self-winding movement, or at least an ETA movement. If they are going to use a Japanese battery powered movement it had better be the tippy top of the line.

Something similar to the Hamilton Officer model, slightly larger (maybe 43-45mm) with a NATO military watch cover/velcro as a standard strap with a leather or rubber in the mix.

I'd pay $550 for that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol...miss it around here..and voodoo's posts..

I was gonna say it looks nice and I'd own one...but i know nothing about watches..lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Should have made the band with keymod slots so I can get an Arisaka fingerstop on it.
    Lol I like that idea
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Next time I'm in the market for a watch I'm going to solicit voodoo's advice.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post

I was gonna say it looks nice and I'd own one...but i know nothing about watches..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Next time I'm in the market for a watch I'm going to solicit voodoo's advice.
    Unfortunately for my wallet I know too much about watches, I've owned over 200 in the last 15 years, currently settled down to about 7, though that'll change.

Fortunately for you guys, I don't hesitate to give my opinion on the matter and extremely unfortunately for BCM to have hired someone to create monstrosity and stamp their logo on it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post

Same here. Must be knuckledragger blood. I'm a big hand/little hand kind of guy. :D

I'd have probably bought it hook, line and sinker until Voodoo chimed in, but I appreciate the savings! Unlike the rest of the gun market (apparently), I have too much stuff left to buy!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gotta agree with so much that's said above - especially the points implying that perhaps it's best to focus on innovation inside the company's core business. It's a shame to see BCM marching down the path of "because marketing" having seen other well-respected companies pretty much go into the crapper when brand management took precedence over core business.

I don't know that much about watches and would lean on more experienced opinions like Voodoo's. But I would like to make one observation without getting into a urrination contest over it. The case is stamped "Swiss Movement" and their web page says "13 Jewel, Gold Plated Swiss Made Chronograph Movement." "Swiss movement" should mean at least a healthy chunk of the internals are swiss and the movement is assembled/inspected in Switzerland. "Swiss made" usually implies getting cased there as well, but I suspect this wasn't really the process because it's not stamped on the case. That 13j design may be indicative of cutting a couple of corners though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    IMO there are a LOT of other options for 500 I would look at before this watch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Not just no, but hell no.

Questionable origin to begin with - almost 100% China or Japan movement, and case parts.

For a "Made in USA" company this is a real shot in the nuts.

Also, Carbon Fiber dial - whoever thought of that should be fired - especially as a FIRST edition of the watch.

Questionable tritium origin "tubes" like Marathon or Luminox watches, that probably suck or will suck in a year or two.

Ohh, see the white date wheel? White? On a black dial? Couldn't spend the extra .03 cents for a c/f or black date wheel?

Same price range you can get so many other/better watches with a proven pedigree.

Lumtec, obviously my personal "go to" for watches that are awesome (and more than 80% sources in the US and assembled in the US)
    Oris, Tissot, Hamilton (US), Seiko (half the price, 10000000x the pedigree), hell even Bulova is re-releasing their "Moon Watch" early 2016....same price, I'll be buying that instead.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/th...d-550-pricetag

To be totally blunt, I expected more when I first heard of it. I imagined it would be a really simple watch, US-made all the way around including an automatic self-winding movement, or at least an ETA movement. If they are going to use a Japanese battery powered movement it had better be the tippy top of the line.

Something similar to the Hamilton Officer model, slightly larger (maybe 43-45mm) with a NATO military watch cover/velcro as a standard strap with a leather or rubber in the mix.

I'd pay $550 for that.
    I was super excited for a second when I saw the thread..... Then I saw the pic.

I'm not the watch connoisseur Voodoo is but think you nailed with the reference to the Hamilton with a more field watch type of band/strap. Also agree on the white date wheel and the carbon fiber face (YUCK!).

The one place I think we'll differ is I like a little more in a watch than just hour, minute and seconds.

Something more like the Hamilton Khaki Pilot Pioneer Auto Chrono with some BCM flavor would have had me drooling.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Agree, basic is good. Not the mall ninja abomination that they came out with, fucking thing is busier than LA rush hour.