Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    In my experience with the CAGE it helped a little with concussion but not a whole lot, and nearly none with noise. For me I wouldn't recommend it or any hybrid comp style device if your looking for something that doesn't increase concussion and sound. My comps are about as brutal as my brakes indoors. Most your linear comps are good at projecting the sound forward but not much for muzzle control. The Warcomp recommended by JGifford is probably a fairly safe bet if you're looking for some muzzle control without the increase in both sound and concussion.
    I run ProComps on several rifles including an AK, I also have 2 VG6 762 brakes and a griffin armament brake. They all work great for me, not so much for the shooters next to me. I also have a KX3 but that doesn't do anything for recoil or muzzle rise. It does push all the blast down range.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very true, the Surefire stuff is pricey. Some suppressors like the SilencerCo Omega and AAC SDN-6 come with brakes that you could replace a muzzle device later on down the road.
    Yea I've seen those. Really good deal with them. I believe the Sig, Dead Air, and Griffin do as well. I really do like the low concussion of the warcomp from what I've read and seen so far. But I also noticed something else concerning, is it ported for right handed use? My wife is a lefty so if that's the case then that puts the warcomp away for me..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Naytwan View Post
    I run ProComps on several rifles including an AK, I also have 2 VG6 762 brakes and a griffin armament brake. They all work great for me, not so much for the shooters next to me. I also have a KX3 but that doesn't do anything for recoil or muzzle rise. It does push all the blast down range.
    The whole idea behind this is to find a muzzle device that does the opposite of what youre describing lol. Thanks for the insight though. VG's gamma and epsilon really intrigued me before I started finding the pros and cons to open chamber devices.
    Last edited by NATOgaspiston; 4 November 2015 at 07:58. Reason: Correcting Auto-correct

Downloads
    Uploads
    Doesn't adding the cage negate the effects of the comp itself? That energy has no where to go other than forward once it's on.

I've used the PWS FSC556 and like it quite a bit. Less concussion for the shooter than my battlecomp. More for your neighboring shooters though.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had surprising luck with the (cough cough) bargain-priced YHM Phantom 5C1 It is mounted on a light-shooting medium-profile middie barrel that mitigates recoil some on its own, but this setup has been so surprising that I'm not messing with it, despite its complete lack of e-peen factor.

On the other end of the spectrum, I've also had good experiences with a Precision Armament AFAB-Mini. It's expensive and absurdly heavy but has done well in limited use on a lightweight 14.5" DD upper. Reduces rise some, avoids dip completely, seems to hide flash pretty well and isn't horribly loud. I think the Mini has been replaced by a slightly modified new version, but it should offer similar performance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NATOgaspiston View Post
    Price of the muzzle device isn't really a big concern. If you read my earlier post I said that it was the price of the can compared to other reputable manufactures.
    Then go with the griffin. I do like surefire's cans but IMO they are overrated and overpriced. Also their muzzle devices kind of suck haha.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    Then go with the griffin. I do like surefire's cans but IMO they are overrated and overpriced. Also their muzzle devices kind of suck haha.
    do you have any experience with griffin's? I like the flash comp, but I'm still debating between that one or the compensating flash hider or the hammer comp. The linear comp also gets my attention.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For QD mounts Silencerco has a great system. No experience with Griffin yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've seen two different kinds of Dead Air muzzle brakes and the only thing i can see that differentiates besides look is one is called the keymount brake and the other just says muzzle brake. Can anyone enlighten me on the difference? Thanks

Keymount

Standard (?)
    Last edited by NATOgaspiston; 4 November 2015 at 15:29.

Downloads
    Uploads
    do you have any experience with griffin's? I like the flash comp, but I'm still debating between that one or the compensating flash hider or the hammer comp. The linear comp also gets my attention.
    I've used the Flash Comp, in my opinion it performs very similar to my AFAB mini and a little better than my Battle Comp. The muzzle stayed pretty flat, but all 3 increased sound and concussion to the side.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've used the Flash Comp, in my opinion it performs very similar to my AFAB mini and a little better than my Battle Comp. The muzzle stayed pretty flat, but all 3 increased sound and concussion to the side.
    Yea the more I think about it the more I'm starting to sway towards the compensating flash suppressor or the linear comp. It seems to be a low concussion FH that does a little compensating.

Mostly I'm waiting to see how the new sig muzzle devices stack up. Their suppressor line looks really good and I've found nothing that can compete with that price! Just no info out there on them yet

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Hammer comp is pretty close to the BCM Comp, its louder but not as muzzle stable. Linear is cool but can increase felt recoil in comparison.

Here is a photo I took of the Flash Comp today inside the local range.

FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've seen two different kinds of Dead Air muzzle brakes and the only thing i can see that differentiates besides look is one is called the keymount brake and the other just says muzzle brake. Can anyone enlighten me on the difference? Thanks

Keymount

Standard (?)
    They're the same brake. The only difference is whether you buy one for 7.62 or one for 5.56. They're designed to be quick detach mounts for the Sandman suppressors.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ran an SLR Synergy Flash comp up until I got my suppressor. In my opinion it was very good at what it was designed to do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very true, the Surefire stuff is pricey. Some suppressors like the SilencerCo Omega and AAC SDN-6 come with brakes that you could replace a muzzle device later on down the road.
    This is precisely what I did. Too bad I switched from Saker to Omega. But when it arrives, it comes with the brake for my eventual 300BLK build.