Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Griffin Armament A3 Grip & Extreme Condition Stock

Coming soon from Griffin Armament their new A3 Grip. Constructed of glass filled polymer with a higher grip angle to aid with point on target speed.

http://www.griffinarmament.com/default.asp
    Last edited by GOST; 4 November 2015 at 04:32.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I do like the grip, but I'm undecided on the stock.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm trying to not be overly negative, but its hard this week - there are just so many off kilter products showing up.

So is everyone is getting into the stock/grip game now? I guess the razor blade model works in the firearm world too - and molded plastics probably have higher profitability than machined metals. At any rate, full marks to Griffin for trying a different material but based on my experience with glass-filled nylon knife scales, these will have limited appeal.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    I'm trying to not be overly negative, but its hard this week - there are just so many off kilter products showing up.

So is everyone is getting into the stock/grip game now? I guess the razor blade model works in the firearm world too - and molded plastics probably have higher profitability than machined metals. At any rate, full marks to Griffin for trying a different material but based on my experience with glass-filled nylon knife scales, these will have limited appeal.
    The Glock frame and magazine is made out of a nylon 6 derivative, these are formed with the same material. 29,000 KSI strength. Not sure what you're referring to. This is a quality material, in fact you can spray and paint cure these at 300 degrees with no harmful effects, unlike some other manufacturers using sub par materials to reduce costs.
    Combat vet owned/operated company specializing in the design and manufacturing of industry leading silencers and firearms components. www.GriffinArmament.com PM for WEVO discount code.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GRIFFIN ARMAMENT View Post
    The Glock frame and magazine is made out of a nylon 6 derivative, these are formed with the same material. 29,000 KSI strength. Not sure what you're referring to. This is a quality material, in fact you can spray and paint cure these at 300 degrees with no harmful effects, unlike some other manufacturers using sub par materials to reduce costs.
    Hmm so Cerakote is a go with these as you can cure your plastics with your metals and get a match. Nice!
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    Hmm so Cerakote is a go with these as you can cure your plastics with your metals and get a match. Nice!
    You can also pull the rubber pad off the stock and bake the stock as well. Its a little hard to get off as is intended but you can do it. The spring in the stock isnt cheap garbage material, it's 17-7 stainless.

We're not looking to mind blow people with products, although the stock is marked improvement in durability versus many polymer options. However i'm not sure what makes this "off kilter" in fact it isnt, its nice kit for the user that wants to replace their garbage stock or wants a quality piece of furniture for their next build.
    Combat vet owned/operated company specializing in the design and manufacturing of industry leading silencers and firearms components. www.GriffinArmament.com PM for WEVO discount code.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE

Downloads
    Uploads
    No front and rear serrations on the grip?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ooo, those Tennebrex covers are pretty sweet. Haven't actually seen them installed before. Although I'm guessing they add another several ounces to an already heavy optic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What's so extreme about it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    What's so extreme about it
    Sort of want VD??
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    Sort of want VD??
    Not really.

Just wondering why someone would put a word like "extreme" is a pretty simple looking stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not really.

Just wondering why someone would put a word like "extreme" is a pretty simple looking stock.
    I like the design its simple
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    I like the design its simple
    Agreed, with the exception of the sharp corner bottom front.

As for the grip - what's really cool about this material, if you don't like checkering (I do) is it's ability to take shaping/stippling.

Lots of creative stuff can happen there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just realized someone else responded to this- so I'm deleting their response- sorry for the double tap. - they basically posted the product description from the website which you can see there.
    Last edited by GRIFFIN ARMAMENT; 7 November 2015 at 08:28.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not really.

The stock has water has debris and water evacuation ports which communicate with the Griffin MRE (receiver extension), allowing the carbine to clear water and fouling that otherwise is trapped in the system causing ill effect to reliability and also to safety [in the case of water]. It also features metal reinforcement and material thickness 4-5 times thicker than competing designs in the toe of the stock - that area that breaks when the stocks are abused, and replaces the mil-spec locking pin with its vulnerable thin threaded shank with a full diameter 17-4 heat treated tool steel locking pin, and the material surrounding the pin has better contact surfaces than the traditional pin systems by virtue of that different pin. The latch system is redesigned and has no protruding components. The spring is stainless steel instead of music wire so it is outdoor use rated.

QD swivels are 300lb rated under ideal conditions- and as Bill Geissle stated, the military wanted that 300lbs to allow a soldier to be suspended by a sling in an emergency (where obviously he would have no safety factor as would be recommended in climbing equipment) <stating the obvious. But there are stocks on the market that that 300lbs would tear the QD socket out of the stock. Our stock will not fail in those conditions.

I'm not saying the original carbine stock is worthless or can't be used outdoors- the military proved that several wars could be fought with the existing stock, but in engineering terms music wire is not recommended for outdoor use, and from an impact perspective, the locking latch design, [and probably to a lesser extent the reciever extension itself] is flawed. We can't make a product that is not "improved" and expect to give the customer any reason to purchase it. So we improve products.

The Extreme Condition Stock name fits the mission of the stock. It isn't a swiss army knife with 14 moving parts, but it is designed specifically to be more combat durable, and to bring reliability to the system. The stock it would replace would also be "combat durable" but when people say that, they wouldn't be talking about buttstoking someone in the face so much as just not falling apart under normal use. With our stock we're talking about buttstroking someone in the face, because we think a combat stock should be able to do that.

Granted it may be a sporting rifle to you- but it is the modern musket to someone else, and that original musket was expected to buttstroke someone in the face without issue.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE