Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Griffin Armament A3 Grip & Extreme Condition Stock

Coming soon from Griffin Armament their new A3 Grip. Constructed of glass filled polymer with a higher grip angle to aid with point on target speed.

http://www.griffinarmament.com/default.asp
    Last edited by GOST; 4 November 2015 at 04:32.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I do like the grip, but I'm undecided on the stock.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm trying to not be overly negative, but its hard this week - there are just so many off kilter products showing up.

So is everyone is getting into the stock/grip game now? I guess the razor blade model works in the firearm world too - and molded plastics probably have higher profitability than machined metals. At any rate, full marks to Griffin for trying a different material but based on my experience with glass-filled nylon knife scales, these will have limited appeal.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No front and rear serrations on the grip?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ooo, those Tennebrex covers are pretty sweet. Haven't actually seen them installed before. Although I'm guessing they add another several ounces to an already heavy optic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What's so extreme about it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    What's so extreme about it
    Sort of want VD??
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    I'm trying to not be overly negative, but its hard this week - there are just so many off kilter products showing up.

So is everyone is getting into the stock/grip game now? I guess the razor blade model works in the firearm world too - and molded plastics probably have higher profitability than machined metals. At any rate, full marks to Griffin for trying a different material but based on my experience with glass-filled nylon knife scales, these will have limited appeal.
    The Glock frame and magazine is made out of a nylon 6 derivative, these are formed with the same material. 29,000 KSI strength. Not sure what you're referring to. This is a quality material, in fact you can spray and paint cure these at 300 degrees with no harmful effects, unlike some other manufacturers using sub par materials to reduce costs.
    Combat vet owned/operated company specializing in the design and manufacturing of industry leading silencers and firearms components. www.GriffinArmament.com PM for WEVO discount code.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE

Downloads
    Uploads
    Send me one for T&E.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GRIFFIN ARMAMENT View Post
    The Glock frame and magazine is made out of a nylon 6 derivative, these are formed with the same material. 29,000 KSI strength. Not sure what you're referring to. This is a quality material, in fact you can spray and paint cure these at 300 degrees with no harmful effects, unlike some other manufacturers using sub par materials to reduce costs.
    Hmm so Cerakote is a go with these as you can cure your plastics with your metals and get a match. Nice!
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    Hmm so Cerakote is a go with these as you can cure your plastics with your metals and get a match. Nice!
    You can also pull the rubber pad off the stock and bake the stock as well. Its a little hard to get off as is intended but you can do it. The spring in the stock isnt cheap garbage material, it's 17-7 stainless.

We're not looking to mind blow people with products, although the stock is marked improvement in durability versus many polymer options. However i'm not sure what makes this "off kilter" in fact it isnt, its nice kit for the user that wants to replace their garbage stock or wants a quality piece of furniture for their next build.
    Combat vet owned/operated company specializing in the design and manufacturing of industry leading silencers and firearms components. www.GriffinArmament.com PM for WEVO discount code.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    Sort of want VD??
    Not really.

Just wondering why someone would put a word like "extreme" is a pretty simple looking stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I apologize for the "off kilter" characterization, it was an unfortunate, hasty and unnecessary editorial comment - carryover from a couple of other discussions here and in other fora (including some drafts I chose to not post after some consideration). I shouldn't have allowed that darkened mood to color this conversation and you are correct to call me to task for it. Again, my apologies for the slight inherent in the wording.

The comment about limited appeal is clearly conjecture as only time will tell how broad uptake will be. But I will reiterate that my experiences with FRN scales designed with deep-cut, broad-channel texturing like this were largely unpleasant. Maybe you've textured better, or I just have a deep-rooted preference for pebbled textures. Maybe the way forces are applied to an AR grip is different enough to not be hand-shredding with this design. Maybe others wear gloves more often than I do, rendering the issue moot. If so, your product will stand on its own merits and hopefully that translates into sales. I certainly don't have any axe to grind with Griffon Armament and applaud having choices. This is just isn't one I'm rushing to make, extrapolating from previous experience.

Kind regards,
    Darby.
    Last edited by RiverRat; 4 November 2015 at 17:07.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Not really.

Just wondering why someone would put a word like "extreme" is a pretty simple looking stock.
    I like the design its simple

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    I like the design its simple
    Agreed, with the exception of the sharp corner bottom front.

As for the grip - what's really cool about this material, if you don't like checkering (I do) is it's ability to take shaping/stippling.

Lots of creative stuff can happen there.