Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scope mounts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Nice glass.
    Indeed along with other stuff. Really like the multicam job there, Cerakote I'm assuming? Sorry sidetracking..or post up in the AR picture gallery

Downloads
    Uploads

Scope mounts

Yea it's gotta be cerakote or duracoat or similar. The finish is to nicely applied to be rattle can

But man it looks sweet though right? Well done!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Yea it's gotta be cerakote or duracoat or similar. The finish is to nicely applied to be rattle can

But man it looks sweet though right? Well done!

Isn't it against the law to rattle can a Swaro scope?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    Isn't it against the law to rattle can a Swaro scope?
    Not if you can rattle can that good :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is an impressive job. He can rattle can my getup anytime.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I've been very happy with the ADM Recon X as I also shoot nose to charging handle.

That said, if there is no urgency I'd wait to see the new Geissele mount that they posted on FB. It'll likely be released after SHOT but everything they build is very well thought out.
    That looks great.

I've been absent from my own thread. Thanks for the picture also. I'll look at that and also see what Geiselle has coming out.

And I need to paint my scope. Ain't skeered to paint a $1200 scope when the rifle is double that and already painted :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks gents. It's not paint - I don't have that kind of patience. I had the pieces dipped (water transfer) before I built the rifle. I did chicken out on dipping the optic but I have since painted it and put some Multicam wrap on it.

Last edited by El Cid; 23 November 2015 at 12:56.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, you and I have the same scope. I'm planning on mounting mine in a Bobro Extended mount. Bobros are standard height (places centerline of optic 1.5" above rail). That ADM Recon X is about an 1/8" lower. You could theoretically go down to about 1" above the rail and still clear the objective lens on that scope. However, you really can't get your eyeballs that low on an AR. I have a Diamondback 2-8x32 in Warne medium rings that sits about 0.9" above the rail (e.g., top of rail to centerline of scope) mounted on a 10/22. I put it on AR to play around and it just doesn't work. Point being, 1.5" should be fine as that is what the rifle was designed for. Going a bit lower (like the Recon X or the Night Force Unimount A192) might be a bit more natural for you, depending on the size/shape of your head. Anything much lower than that probably won't work well. The lower LaRue mounts, I believe, are really intended for bolt guns or setups like the Mk12 with the ARMS SWAM rail that raises the rail 1/2" above the receiver.

Bobro makes little works of art, though, so I'd probably duct tape a piece of padding to my stock for a make-shift cheek riser if I had to just to be able to use the Bobro over the competition.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    So, you and I have the same scope. I'm planning on mounting mine in a Bobro Extended mount. Bobros are standard height (places centerline of optic 1.5" above rail). That ADM Recon X is about an 1/8" lower. You could theoretically go down to about 1" above the rail and still clear the objective lens on that scope. However, you really can't get your eyeballs that low on an AR. I have a Diamondback 2-8x32 in Warne medium rings that sits about 0.9" above the rail (e.g., top of rail to centerline of scope) mounted on a 10/22. I put it on AR to play around and it just doesn't work. Point being, 1.5" should be fine as that is what the rifle was designed for. Going a bit lower (like the Recon X or the Night Force Unimount A192) might be a bit more natural for you, depending on the size/shape of your head. Anything much lower than that probably won't work well. The lower LaRue mounts, I believe, are really intended for bolt guns or setups like the Mk12 with the ARMS SWAM rail that raises the rail 1/2" above the receiver.

Bobro makes little works of art, though, so I'd probably duct tape a piece of padding to my stock for a make-shift cheek riser if I had to just to be able to use the Bobro over the competition.
    I've never had any issue with the Recon X and my cheek weld. I've used the rifle in classes for distance and contact work and in matches. So I got home today and wanted to compare it to my micro on a DD mount. It's set for absolute cowitness and appears to be the exact same height as the ADM Recon X.