Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Elftmann Tactical Push Button Ambi Speed Safety

Quickly take your AR from safety to fire and back to safe with the simple push of a button. This is the fastest safety selector to engage and disengage on the market, with no rotation necessary, no shifting of the shooters hand needed.

Push Safety Design
    Ambidextrous Operation
    Extremely fast on-off
    Precision machined from hardened Stainless Steel
    Compatible with all Mil-spec receivers
    Includes Detent
    Absolute lifetime Guarantee
    Proudly made in the USA

Special Price $35.95 Pre-Order Ship Nov 10-13

http://www.rainierarms.com/elftmann-...ship-nov-10-13
    Last edited by GOST; 6 November 2015 at 19:27.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    This looks pretty sweet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now that's smart and sexy!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just seen this on Facebook, interesting idea..would like to play with it first before I commit a .." I Want"...lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only $32 and some change for Apex members...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wait...you don't have to shift your hand? How is this possible. It's going to be completely out of reach of your thumb.

What am I missing here?
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Wait...you don't have to shift your hand? How is this possible. It's going to be completely out of reach of your thumb.

What am I missing here?
    I was thinking the same thing, hand will have to be shifted.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure how I feel about this one. Definitely not left hand friendly...

Downloads
    Uploads
    The marketing speak on this is borderline ridiculous. Besides the moving your hand thing, saying this is ambi is like saying a stock selector is ambi. In order to use this with just your right hand you'd have to reach around the other side of the receiver to push it back, or shift your hand to reach it with your thumb.

It doesn't appear to be reversible either, so the ergonomics are borked when you switch hands.

Also the price, considering this is a one operation lathe part if the lathe has live tooling. It's way too expensive. A BAD selector set is multiple parts, truly ambi, and not much more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^ :Slow clap:

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like ELF triggers, but this is pretty out there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    huh...a bit outrageous but maybe it'd be cool for a precision rifle? maybe..varmint hunting?
    IG: Sexual_Meatball

Downloads
    Uploads
    A short throw selector is the closest thing to no shifting of grips. Cross bolt safety has its place where there's no room for a proper lever safety, it's normally found on old platforms. Lever safety is much more intuitive to use.

While I was at BAD, I know a manufacturer made one but never brought it to market. ARs were designed to use a lever safety, going back to a cross bolt safety that's normally found on shotguns and lever action rifles seems to be a throwback. AUG uses it, but it was made to use it, not quite sure why they didn't use the more intuitive lever type safety.

More importantly, it changes the manual of arms, something we always look into carefully. Too drastic a change will not appeal to many users.

From a legal standpoint, a round bar with red O ring doesn't point to SAFE or FIRE / SEMI markings on the receiver, I hope they've consulted their lawyers and got clearance from legal.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    A short throw selector is the closest thing to no shifting of grips. Cross bolt safety has its place where there's no room for a proper lever safety, it's normally found on old platforms. Lever safety is much more intuitive to use.

While I was at BAD, I know a manufacturer made one but never brought it to market. ARs were designed to use a lever safety, going back to a cross bolt safety that's normally found on shotguns and lever action rifles seems to be a throwback. AUG uses it, but it was made to use it, not quite sure why they didn't use the more intuitive lever type safety.

More importantly, it changes the manual of arms, something we always look into carefully. Too drastic a change will not appeal to many users.

From a legal standpoint, a round bar with red O ring doesn't point to SAFE or FIRE / SEMI markings on the receiver, I hope they've consulted their lawyers and got clearance from legal.
    Come on Duffy - you're always putting all this thought into things. No need. Just market-speak stuff and make $. ;-)

I'm not getting this product at all. As a lefty the "ambi" claims are ridiculous. Short throw, dual sided, lever safeties with personalized lever lengths are as fast as I can imagine anything being, while also being very "definite" ie; I can digitally feel with almost no movement the rifle's condition. I can also come off safe almost simultaneously while prepping the trigger, something I could not do with this safety (I would have to move my trigger finger up and "side press" the safety with my bladed finger edge - certainly not a positive or affirming action with gloves on, when wet, cold, etc.

This one's a no go for me, and I'm pretty open minded towards different ways of doing things.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another solution looking for a problem. This should get thrown in the same bin as the accuwedge and KNS pins.