Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love it. My only wish is that it would have a mount for an A2 muzzle device so it could fit my BCMs. Then it would rule the world.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army203 View Post
    I love it. My only wish is that it would have a mount for an A2 muzzle device so it could fit my BCMs. Then it would rule the world.
    We initially didn't like the idea, but it has warmed up to us. We're taking a look at it.
    Combat vet owned/operated company specializing in the design and manufacturing of industry leading silencers and firearms components. www.GriffinArmament.com PM for WEVO discount code.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think there's a good reason why virtually everyone abandoned the A2 mount. It sucks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I think there's a good reason why virtually everyone abandoned the A2 mount. It sucks.
    For optimal performance proprietary devices are ideal. Granted everyone has A2's, and sending 5.56mm through a 9mm bore is an application in which the can isn't going to know the difference between a proprietary mount and an A2.

Our SDQD mounts and interface are extremely high performance, and may cause 1/2MOA accuracy loss. That's pretty nominal when people are using M193 and kicking doors or shooting on a short flat range. The Optimus wouldn't utilize an SDQD mount because it is not 1.5" diameter so we will have to make a mount for it that is more oriented toward getting customers greater functionality and A2 compatibility.
    Combat vet owned/operated company specializing in the design and manufacturing of industry leading silencers and firearms components. www.GriffinArmament.com PM for WEVO discount code.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE

Downloads
    Uploads
    Could also be the fact that a lot of people forget to not use a crush washer when mounting them. I wold be nice to not have to switch out my BCM Mod 0 or Battle comps.

But looking at this from a practical Military/ LE application, this would kill the competition. You now have basically ONE suppressor in inventory that can be mounted to any weapon system on hand. Griffin Armament just drove that ball over the Green Giant.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GRIFFIN ARMAMENT View Post
    Sig lost in court because they wanted permission to sell a mono-core baffle they were advertising a $200 stamp suppressor tube for, and they wanted to sell it without a tax stamp. It was kind of like asking the ATF to sell a parts kit for a silencer without a stamp. A little bold, but I wouldn't have done that arm brace thing either, and that worked for them until they sued the ATF- was that once or twice?

Our can ships in a full size configuration containing all the baffles. One baffle is removed to re-configure the can. AAC and Rugged have modular cans which are reconfigured by removing tube sections that mount the front cap and house internal baffles.
    I didn't mean to imply yall were doing anything shady or "borderline", so allow me to apologize if you felt I lumped you in with someone clearly trying to skirt the rules.

My issue is really with the NFA and the rules themselves. I can't have a 10" AR with a stock but throw a slick buffer on and it's OK because now it's a "pistol". Silly. Nonsensical, IMO. Sorry for the thread derail and again, I meant nothing bad towards your company in any way

But looking at this from a practical Military/ LE application, this would kill the competition. You now have basically ONE suppressor in inventory that can be mounted to any weapon system on hand. Griffin Armament just drove that ball over the Green Giant.

I have a friend with two Colt LE 7920s and two Daniel Defense rifles, the Colts with standard A2s and the DD's with their "modified" A2. He wants a can and I'm telling him go with an M4SDII and call it a day. Four rifles, one can. Too easy

The KAC NT4 has the same sound attenuation as the M4SD-K....but the Griffin can is TEN OUNCES lighter. Go full size (M4SDII) and you're still seven ounces lighter and 8dB more quiet.

Unless you're building a straight up 100% clone...it's a no brainer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Who wants just one can?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pretty sure the M4SD K has better sound attenuation than the NT4 especially on short barrels, and is ~5 ounces lighter. The KAC website spec is 24 ounces but the can actually weighs 22 ounces and the mount ~2 ounces.

The NT4 is an alright can which was state of the art in its day. It has the military history, but I would look at it this way: The NT4 was designed in ~1996 when 10" barrels didn't exist (or were not a design consideration), and 14.5" barrels were the designed barrel length for the contract- so the blast chamber geometry is smaller than would provide ideal safety factor to 10" guns. The baffle material is comparatively weak, softer and not all that wear resistant cast 625 inconel (about 32KSI yield- or about on par with 304SS)- it has a track record for completely wearing through 2-3 baffles in ~8000 rounds on a 10" gun. The plug welded 625 inconel tube will hole through at one of the welds when the cans are beat on, because spot welding 625 anneals the tube at those spot welds, reducing 45% of its strength at the welds.

The Griffin M4SD K is made from 17-4 billet material- the blast chamber provides better safety factor with short barrels. The baffles are ~15 Rockwell C points harder so they are a lot more wear resistant, and they have ~135KSI yield (4 times stronger than the cast 625, despite similar material thickness at the present time). The integrated flash suppressor front cap reduces flash signature. The can is lighter, stronger, more quiet, more safe to run on short guns, and more wear resistant.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GRIFFIN ARMAMENT View Post
    I'm pretty sure the M4SD K has better sound attenuation than the NT4 especially on short barrels, and is ~5 ounces lighter. The KAC website spec is 24 ounces but the can actually weighs 22 ounces and the mount ~2 ounces.

The NT4 is an alright can which was state of the art in its day. It has the military history, but I would look at it this way: The NT4 was designed in ~1996 when 10" barrels didn't exist (or were not a design consideration), and 14.5" barrels were the designed barrel length for the contract- so the blast chamber geometry is smaller than would provide ideal safety factor to 10" guns. The baffle material is comparatively weak, softer and not all that wear resistant cast 625 inconel (about 32KSI yield- or about on par with 304SS)- it has a track record for completely wearing through 2-3 baffles in ~8000 rounds on a 10" gun. The plug welded 625 inconel tube will hole through at one of the welds when the cans are beat on, because spot welding 625 anneals the tube at those spot welds, reducing 45% of its strength at the welds.

The Griffin M4SD K is made from 17-4 billet material- the blast chamber provides better safety factor with short barrels. The baffles are ~15 Rockwell C points harder so they are a lot more wear resistant, and they have ~135KSI yield (4 times stronger than the cast 625, despite similar material thickness at the present time). The integrated flash suppressor front cap reduces flash signature. The can is lighter, stronger, more quiet, more safe to run on short guns, and more wear resistant.
    Damn. Just DAMN!

Excellent post.

I am learning good and new things every day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting information about the NT4. I always read online that it is "built like a brick shithouse", I guess due to the crazy weight people assume it's over engineered and therefore very durable/long lasting. They also have the drawback of being on the expensive side, and paying more than $1000 for a suppressor nowadays, should get you into the upper tiers of suppressor tech.

edited due to phone/siri derp

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Interesting information about the NT4. I always read online that it is "built like a brick shithouse", I guess due to the crazy weight people assume it's over engineered and therefore very durable/long lasting. They also have the drawback of being on the expensive side, and paying more than $1000 for a suppressor nowadays, should get you into the upper tears o they also have the drawback of being on the expensive side, and paying more than $1000 for a suppressor nowadays, should get you or than 20-year-old technology
    The NT4 started as a lighter can (the original M4QD had no perforated girdle at all), and a series of engineering changes were made to make the suppressor more durable (and heavier) as units failed in military testing and in the field. I don't doubt engineers would have made an entirely different can, had they not had a predetermined tube to use, and had they not been involved in a series of incremental improvements to an existing product.
    Last edited by GRIFFIN ARMAMENT; 17 November 2015 at 12:49.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE

Downloads
    Uploads
    Forgive me, I am a COMPLETE noob to suppressors and mounts. I've been wanting just this suppressor for quite some time and it's finally here.
    Problem is, it's a little confusing to me. I'm trying to figure out what mounts I'll need for three rifles. Two are 14.5 pinned and I would like brakes for them.

These brakes would work good for that and this suppressor correct? http://www.griffinarmament.com/Griff...rake-p/tmb.htm
    http://www.griffinarmament.com/Taper...omp-p/tmfc.htm

I've got one gun (5.56 AK) at the shop now getting cut and have another devices I was asking him to pin on. I need to call him on Monday and tell him to STOP. Hoping it's not done already.
    I'll get one of these brakes and have it put on.

GRIFFIN, plan on having a Black Friday sale on brakes?
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Forgive me, I am a COMPLETE noob to suppressors and mounts. I've been wanting just this suppressor for quite some time and it's finally here.
    Problem is, it's a little confusing to me. I'm trying to figure out what mounts I'll need for three rifles. Two are 14.5 pinned and I would like brakes for them.

These brakes would work good for that and this suppressor correct? http://www.griffinarmament.com/Griff...rake-p/tmb.htm
    http://www.griffinarmament.com/Taper...omp-p/tmfc.htm

I've got one gun (5.56 AK) at the shop now getting cut and have another devices I was asking him to pin on. I need to call him on Monday and tell him to STOP. Hoping it's not done already.
    I'll get one of these brakes and have it put on.

GRIFFIN, plan on having a Black Friday sale on brakes?
    If I am not mistaken any Griffin Taper Mount will work just fine for rifles. They are all compatible with each other. I can screw a Recce 7 on my mount right now and it would work. The Optimus would work on there too.

There are a few variations on the taper mount...

If you are pinning them to make the barrel go past the 16 mark you need one of the longer versions...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    If I am not mistaken any Griffin Taper Mount will work just fine for rifles. They are all compatible with each other. I can screw a Recce 7 on my mount right now and it would work. The Optimus would work on there too.

There are a few variations on the taper mount...

If you are pinning them to make the barrel go past the 16 mark you need one of the longer versions...

Perfect. The middle two are what I am looking at. Just trying to decide which I want for what guns. Shame this battle comp will have to be broken/cut off.

Have one 18" gun that I can figure the brake for later.
    Same for the 9mm AR that is still in concept.

THANK YOU for the help.
    I already emailed and called my smith and left a voicemail to NOT pin on the brake I gave him.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Perfect. The middle two are what I am looking at. Just trying to decide which I want for what guns. Shame this battle comp will have to be broken/cut off.

Have one 18" gun that I can figure the brake for later.
    Same for the 9mm AR that is still in concept.

THANK YOU for the help.
    I already emailed and called my smith and left a voicemail to NOT pin on the brake I gave him.
    No problem!

On the 18" gun use the minimalist brake pictured above. It will come with one when you order the suppressor.

Swapping between hosts is really no problem with the taper mounts. It's very rock solid. It's basically got a two point mating system that works really well. The threads hold it on, but then the taper portion mates up as well.

Basically as far as I know the outer dimensions are all identical as it concerns using griffin suppressors. So like I was saying... if I get a Recce 7 and an Optimus I could run all of them on my rifle with the mount on there, just like I run the Recce 5.

The mount is a big part of why I chose griffin to start with.