Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    IN ..

Oh..wrong thread..lol..another nice looking receiver set...well done..

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    You magnificent bastard.

Downloads
    Uploads

Fathom Edition San Tan Tactical Matched Receiver Sets

Last edited by DutyUse; 20 November 2015 at 10:52.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well you sure as hell didn't waste anytime. I'll be sure to post that on Wevo IG man! Bravo!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Very nice!
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks bro. This set turned out beyond expectations. The attention to detail is flawless... Hell they even put a matching serial number on the upper

I've handled a ton of Sets and besides the rainier mod 3 nothing has come close to this quality. I'm really blown away

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's beyond awesome! If i didn't blow my gun budget all to hell last weekend on .308 build parts, i'd be all over these!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orly? :D

Dets on the 308?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Orly? :D

Dets on the 308?
    It all started with a Silencerco Trifecta .30 cal muzzle brake. The brake came with my Saker 762, but i installed a FH on my 300BLK build. So, not wanting the brake to get lonely...

The receivers and 16" M-Lok hand guard are a Mega Arms Maten MML set. http://www.rainierarms.com/mega-mml-...ngth-m-lok-set For an upper/lower/hand guard/charging handle combo, the price during Rainier's Apex trial weekend was too good to pass up. While i was there...

I picked up a Rainier Arms Ultra Match 20" barrel. http://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-a...-armalite-dpms

The BCG is a black nitride .308 set-up from AIM Surplus. At $169, it's got all the right specs and from what i could find it reviews favorably. I'm hoping Aero Precision will put their NiB .308 BCG on sale for black friday.

The stock and receiver extension configuration haven't been decided yet. And i'll be needing some new glass for this baby. Trigger will most likely be a Geissele SSA-E.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    It all started with a Silencerco Trifecta .30 cal muzzle brake. The brake came with my Saker 762, but i installed a FH on my 300BLK build. So, not wanting the brake to get lonely...

The receivers and 16" M-Lok hand guard are a Mega Arms Maten MML set. http://www.rainierarms.com/mega-mml-...ngth-m-lok-set For an upper/lower/hand guard/charging handle combo, the price during Rainier's Apex trial weekend was too good to pass up. While i was there...

I picked up a Rainier Arms Ultra Match 20" barrel. http://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-a...-armalite-dpms

The BCG is a black nitride .308 set-up from AIM Surplus. At $169, it's got all the right specs and from what i could find it reviews favorably. I'm hoping Aero Precision will put their NiB .308 BCG on sale for black friday.

The stock and receiver extension configuration haven't been decided yet. And i'll be needing some new glass for this baby. Trigger will most likely be a Geissele SSA-E.
    Very nice! Sounds like a helluva fun project. Everything I've seen from Mega has been superb. Eventually I'd like to grab a similar set & rail for a 6.5 build but that's probably a year or more out for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! It ought to be a hoot when it's finished. All my other Mega stuff is flawlessly finished and well machined. i don't see this being any different. I was thinking about something in 6,8 or 6.5 but decided on the basic old .308 so i can run relatively cheap surplus 7.62 NATO for plinking.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    Thanks! It ought to be a hoot when it's finished. All my other Mega stuff is flawlessly finished and well machined. i don't see this being any different. I was thinking about something in 6,8 or 6.5 but decided on the basic old .308 so i can run relatively cheap surplus 7.62 NATO for plinking.
    I love the 308 win, and I'm with you I normally always stick to NATO rounds..but we've got several bolt guns already chambered for it so I think a 6.5 cred would be a good departure for a long range shooter

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are a lot of really cool rounds out there for long range these days. I think as i get into reloading more, i'll branch out from the NATO norm and give some a try.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's a vast array of wildcats to suit your needs when you start reloading. Something for everyone...