Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

.22 rimfire weapons

I am obviously frothing over the whole silencer thing lately and now I really want to get a couple more cans. One of the things I want to get is a .22 rimfire siencer. It just looks like a whole lot of fun. My main questions though are about host guns that are .22 rimfire.

I have an old .22 bolt action but I might want to buy a .22 rimfire pistol and a semi auto .22 rifle. Of course both will need to have threaded barrels.

I have been eyeing a 10/22 that has a rubberized hogue stock on it and a bull barrel. Well honestly it's just been in the back of my mind for a while....but nothing is set in stone by any means. More or less I just thought it looked cool.

With both the pistol and the rifle accuracy is preferred.

To be honest though I am not really up to speed on 10/22 building market. I am keeping all my options on the table. Any recommendations? 10/22 is popular and has a lot of options... but is there anything else out there that I should keep in mind?

That said what are some options on what kind of .22 pistols that you guys like? Obviously it needs to wear a silencer. If it comes with a threaded barrel that's better, but I am open to options.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a 10/22, and thinking of getting the barrel threaded and front post moved back. I did get my Savage Mark II threaded, and with subsonic ammo, whispery and more accurate than last best ammo shot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sig/Gsg 1911-22. I have one it rocks.
    My 22lr SBR PEWPEWPEW. Of bae ass
    Savage Mark II. bolt rifle. Whit the right ammo is move quite
    Ar15 in 22lr SPR.
    ALL THIS ARE thread for my gemtech outback II. suppressor
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    The mp15-22 is certainly one to look at too. They run forever, use AR controls and features, are easily suppressed, and you can find them around 350$

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you don't already have a 10/22...that would be the first on my list. I'll just say there's a reason they're so popular.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My vote is for the M&P 15-22 as well for pretty much the same reasons Duty stated...

Downloads
    Uploads
    The MP22 & MP22 compact are also excellent .22 suppressor hosts

Downloads
    Uploads
    10/22+pimpit out=_cool kid on the block

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are seriously considering Ruger, the 10/22 Tactical comes muzzle threaded - so does the take-down version. The 22/45 Pistol also has a threaded version and has a grip angle similar to the 1911. I have other rimfires, but Ruger is my go-to, suppressed or not. I will edit and say that I have a S&W M&P 15-22 and it is two tons of fun also.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    tricked out 10/22
    S&W MP-15/22
    Ruger SR22
    S&W 422
    along with an AAC Element2 and SilencerCo Spectre2. Gotta say, as much as I love my 10/22 the M&P15/22 is probably my favorite. That and the 422... running both suppressed always puts a smile on my face
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    If you are seriously considering Ruger, the 10/22 Tactical comes muzzle threaded - so does the take-down version. The 22/45 Pistol also has a threaded version and has a grip angle similar to the 1911. I have other rimfires, but Ruger is my go-to, suppressed or not.
    I bought a 22/45 for my wife and I wished I had bought a threaded barrel version when I did. Unfortunately I was in CA at the time, so that was a no go. At least I got a rocking deal on the gun through the Camp Pendleton Exchange. Maybe some day I'll have someone do some work on it. I'm sure they can reduce the barrel and thread it. Any problems can be solved with enough money, right?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I bought a 22/45 for my wife and I wished I had bought a threaded barrel version when I did. Unfortunately I was in CA at the time, so that was a no go. At least I got a rocking deal on the gun through the Camp Pendleton Exchange. Maybe some day I'll have someone do some work on it. I'm sure they can reduce the barrel and thread it. Any problems can be solved with enough money, right?
    Try tactical solution they sale the uppers

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a guy on GunBroker that just sells the 22/45 Lite upper, no bolt. Swapped mine, shoots fine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Might be cheaper to go Tactical Solutions - that's what I did on the 22/45 - just like you, I jumped too soon. Bought mine before the TB's were available.

NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    22/45 is an excellent suppressor host. Another option is a Baretta Model 21a which can be outfitted with a threaded barrel. Mine is not suppressed but stupid accurate for a 2.5 inch barrel, I carry mine in the warmer months.