Downloads
    Uploads

MGM Switchview scope throw lever

I bought a Vortex HS-LR 2.5-10x32 FFP scope not too long ago and it was everything I wanted EXCEPT the magnification ring is VERY snug. I doubt there would be a way to adjust it quickly from behind the rifle...basically had to stand over it for leverage.

I usually stick with like-products, and almost went with the Vortex throw lever but decided to give a brand I saw on Midway a chance: the MGM (Mike Gibson Manufacturing) Switchview throw lever made for my specific scope. It comes with the allen key as well that is needed for the tiny little machine screw.

It fit very well, completely snug, and allows me to operate the magnification ring like I should be able to. It's well made, lightweight, and from the USA (Idaho to be exact).

I'd buy another one from them without a second thought.

Downloads
    Uploads

MGM Switchview scope throw lever

You're not alone there. My ring is super tight as well. Thanks for the info. How much was it?
    Last edited by Dstrbdmedic167; 16 November 2015 at 07:46.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A black zip tie works extremely well for this. Just tighten it down, snip off the tail, and it provides enough of a nub to help you turn it without sticking out so far like the switchview.

NF does it right, just a short little nub:
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried a ziptie and that's what I use on my 6.5-20x Vortex. This magnification ring on this particular scope was so snug that the ziptie started popping loose on it's teeth. I thought about pulling it as super tight as it could get and then putting quick-cure JB Weld inside the zip tie where it holds the tooth, but I figured I might as well just do it right with this one. It made a world of difference.

I got it from Midway for $55.

It sticks out approximately .85", or so my calipers said based on the way I had them positioned. I feel like the leverage is needed...the zip tie would have helped but wouldn't be as good as this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am looking at one of these. I thought the Vortex one was rebranded MGM. No?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Naytwan View Post
    I am looking at one of these. I thought the Vortex one was rebranded MGM. No?
    If it is, that is beyond my pay grade. I don't know the secret squirrel info like that

Downloads
    Uploads
    For super-duty zip ties try these fishing reel holders. Not pretty, but great leverage, quick to locate without fumbling around, and screw knob is more precise than a pull type tie. I routinely check snugness each use, but has never loosened yet. I've only found them available from England. Big fish guys may know of others.

“ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    If it is, that is beyond my pay grade. I don't know the secret squirrel info like that
    I was just going by appearance. The design IMHO looks almost identical.